1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 203 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2011 6:25 PM by sdrol117 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?
    derf8966

Agreed 100%

cancelled my BF3 pre-order.

• 31. Re: Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?

I played it for an hour yesterday, and to be honest, I didn't see what all the hype was about.  I wen't positive in every game, and I didn't lose once, but there were so many weird things happening.  Audio cutting out, terrible spawns, bad hit detection, people under the maps...it was a headache to say the least.  I've played my fair share of FPSs (CoD1-BO, MOH-BFBC2, SOCOM, etc.) and I was hoping that BF3 would be really good, but after playing the BETA I don't see it breaking any CoD sales records. 

I know it's just a BETA, but c'mon people...the real game won't be much different.  It will still feel and play the same way. 

Not sure if I'll cancel my pre-order or not.

• 32. Re: Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?

Agreed, although the graphics should be better on the full game since it should take up a lot more than 1gig, but still the gameplay will remain the same minus the bugs even. It was nothing amazing. Plus why would dice/ea release a beta that makes the game look worse, so I think people can safely assume it will be pretty much the same on the full game.

I think BF3 for PC will be awesome, but BF3 going to consoles was a mistake. The hardware is just not there. I don't know if anyone has played Killzone 3 on PS3, but killzone 3 has the best graphics of any fps so far. KZ3 was really fun to.

Also, 30frames per second is very noticable in BF3 and really messes with the gameplay. IW know that 60+ frames per second is smooth and provides the best gameplay.

• 33. Re: Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?
    rankismet

I had all of those issues but the three things that jumped out a me...

... there are fewer destructable objects than I saw in BC2 (Frostbite 1.0).

... the graphics were sub-par.

... the "dedicated" servers need A LOT of work.

It has ROF selection which is cool... but it's useless because to takes too many non-sniper rounds to get a kill.

• 34. Re: Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?

I wasn't impressed.

For all the hype this game was getting, I thought it was going to be better. Sure, "it's only a beta"; but that just means the bugs are going to get fixed. Overall, it just wasn't fun.

• 35. Re: Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?

stopped playing it after less than a hour and deleted it off my hard drive theres far to many problems with it hopefully it will get fixed before release

• 36. Re: Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?

I have. I'm a vet of 1942, BC1 & BC2 and the BF3 beta is just awful. People can it's just a beta & it's not the final build all they want, but there are 2 reasons that means nothing to me: 1, the BC2 beta was fine; 2, Kertz has already admitted the latest beta version has many of the same issues killing the version we're all playing. Plus, the 1 thing that has ALWAYS hurt BF games is EA servers & if anything, they seem to be getting worse.

I always wondered what the point of releasing a beta that ended days before the game shipped was & this beta just makes me feel like the game was rushed in order to meet an impossible deadline/launch date. EA/DICE are far too obsessed w/ beating cod & in my opinion, it's going to hurt a great franchise.

I will NOT be buying BF3.

• 37. Re: Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?

Its a good game, the only people who are complaining about are the same people who will be complaining when COD comes out

"Oh this game is crap should of done a beta, stupid Infintyward"

Never underestimate the predictablity of stupidity

• 38. Re: Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?

People aren't complaining about BF3 having a beta, people are complaining about the timing of it. Moreover, you like to throw around the "it's not the final build" crap, maybe you should go read about how that final build is doing -- they're still having major issues with damage consistency, sniper OSK, collision detection, etc. in that final build....

• 39. Re: Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?

The final bulid is not the beta build, if it was it would be a demo not a beta, think mcfly think

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next