1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 203 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2011 6:25 PM by sdrol117 Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?
    rankismet

Not true... I understand how the difference between the final build and a beta..

... the game is okay...

... but far from polished and has core gameplay issues to me.

• 41. Re: Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?

there will be issues, if the beta was released and the game was perfect there wouldn't be much point to it, they are doing it to get an understanding so the servers can be sorted for the final release

• 42. Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?
    tedge

Pretty much how I feel. The beta for BF3 feels just like the finished BFBC2. I haven't had some of the extreme problems that other people are talking about, but I did notice that the party system didn't work. There was also an unbearable ammount of lag. The game completely locked down at one point. Not really impressed with the multiplayer, but I'm sure the campaign will be fun.

• 43. Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?
    rankismet

This beta is more of a marketing ploy...

... but they have certainly learned the servers need tweaking... I had the same issues with BC2.

• 44. Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?

It is hard to say "BF3 is a finished BC2" with a straight face. There is so much they put in and stuff that returned into the series, it is very far from a copypasta.

You might as well say that the sky is actually red and there is actually cheese on the moon.

• 45. Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?

Just got to level 44, now I haz meh Scoped .44 Magnum.

• 46. Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?

I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I can really enjoy slower 30 fps games like Killzone and Uncharted, so I'm not just going to dismiss it right away for being slower. The controls are much better than BFBC2, and I played for a while today and really enjoyed it. But it was more like a "relax and take it easy" experience, rather than the pulse pounding adrenaline rush of a COD match. The main problem I have is that the graphics are just not great, and the colors seem a little washed out. It is really obvious that this game was developed as a PC title first and foremost, and that the consoles are basically getting a port. This is great for PC gamers, since it is usually the other way around. But they have really positioned BF3 as a direct competitor to COD with all the hype and marketing. BF3 is not a direct COD competitor. It is a different style of game, one that you chill out and relax while playing (at least compared to COD). COD will reamin king on the console because they have the game engine that can run at 60 fps, and the IW graphics are actually pretty good (not amazing, but good). I don't think BF3 will perform very strongly on the consoles, based on the beta I played. I may still get it, because I found it enjoyable, but at the sime time got a little bored with it after 20 minutes, and haven't felt the desire to lay it again yet. I will keep playing it though, because I want to see if it grows on me. I kind of think Rage might have more of a chance against MW3, since it will be running at 60 fps, and will be the ONLY other shooter that can do that (plus, it looks really cool in my opinion). So I don't think BF3 is a fail, but the beta was far less impressive than I was expecting.

• 47. Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?
    rankismet

Can't disagree with anything you stated.

• 48. Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?

My understanding is that Operation Metro is one of the smallest maps in the game, and that the other maps are much bigger. COD fans will probably like the full game even less than this beta.

• 49. Has anyone been turned off by the BF3 beta yet?

I have stopped playing the beta because I have reported all my list of bugs, not much point playing it till they add Caspain Boarder to the PS3 beta list

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next