22 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2011 5:37 PM by S2KNews RSS

Weapon Accuracy

I don't know about you guys, when I compare Black Ops to MW2 I feel that the MW2 weapons systems are soooo much more accurate. Was this intentional because of the weapon eras? I sure hope that the weapons in MW3 are more like MW2. What do you guys think?

• Weapon Accuracy

agreed

• Weapon Accuracy

+1

• Weapon Accuracy
    rankismet

And what are you hoping for in MW3... there's a Black Ops forum if we wanted to chat up that game.

Just saying make it MW2... we have that, too...

You want laser beam accuracy with little kick... more sway... faster ADS... what?

• Weapon Accuracy

a little bit of kick and recoil wont hurt you if your a good player. your gonna have to adjust. MW3 is the playground where men are separated from the boys or in our case, Pros from noobs LOL

• Weapon Accuracy
    jamesafc

I think all the weapons with have a bit more idle sway and recoil, otherwise the proficiencies to reduce them would be pretty pointless?

• Weapon Accuracy

i hope its a balance between black ops and modern warfare 2, MW2 was too easy, black ops, you could be up and up in a gun fight with someone but if your recoil does the random flop to the left or right and not for the other guy, your done.

black ops recoil i did fine besides when it would randomly kick left or right, thats when i was screwed.

• Weapon Accuracy

Obviously. SCAR and ACR have next to no recoil. They're the best snipers in the game.

Whereas the FAMAS, generally regarded as overpowered in Black Ops, has a lot more recoil than more AR's in MW2.

• Weapon Accuracy

Good point I guess I didn't finish my thought. I guess my actual thought was will weapon accuracy feel more like MW2 in MW3 than in Black Ops. I hope so. I hope they go back to the Infinity Ward feel. Seeing how this is Infinity Ward imagine it being so.

• Weapon Accuracy

I hope they make the assault rifles less accurate when fired full auto. the rifles will become more challenging and fun to use, and they won't be beating snipers at long range. they could also decrease the sway on the snipers, they are all over the place when you are not holding the breath. make breath recovery some faster as well. and decrease SMG damage at range while they're at it.

my 2 cents for weapon balancing

• Weapon Accuracy
    dstr001

It's called recoil, and it is used for balance in Blops, MW2 had a total lack of it, which made it difficult to win gunfights based off of skill, anyone could "laser" you from across the map. You though the Blops famas was bad? try the ACR, or the SCAR, or even the bloddy M4 (starting weapon)

• Weapon Accuracy
      zachdavis11

M4A1 is pretty bad though. Bad iron sights and low damage.

• Re: Weapon Accuracy
        dstr001

Once you learn how to use it, it becomes a great gun! was my favourite in MW2 and CoD4, and that tiny bit of extra kick gives a slight chance of a headshot! (the recoil isn't enough to put you off the target thats what I mean)

Plus, the noise it makes when fired is just sexy lol

• Weapon Accuracy

I think you're actually mixing up what I am saying. I prefer the lack of recoil while I am pulsing my shots. I never just off and unload at full automatic. But in black ops, even when you pulse your shots you have way to little control on where your bullets go. Recoil is consistent anyway.Some weapons "walk up" as you pull the trigger like an MP5 for example. Others, like my Glock kick a little up and left but it is consistent. In black ops, rounds were all over the place. I actually love the ACR  and the M4 in MW2. I want to be able to zero in my rounds and just squeeze one or two off at a time again.

• Re: Weapon Accuracy

i just hope the SMGs are better than black ops, for some reason the damage or something seemed really off, so I only used assault rifles in that game.

• Weapon Accuracy

Im with makin them more accurate to I cant stand the recoil on most of the weapons in BO but hey either way MW3 has the Recoil proficency of at least for the SMGs and Assault Rifles.