28 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 5:01 PM by BuyMyGaming RSS

Gaming Headsets

Bap Zang
Hey i was just wondering, where is the best place to get my hands on gaming headsets? i was thinking of getting some
also any opinions on whether it is actually worthwhile if you already have them would be much appreciated :)
  • Re: Gaming Headsets
    zeyceee
    first off you can check on amazon.

I have turlte beach x1's and they are very good.  they were 40 or so bucks and its really all you need to spend, its not necissary to buy really expensive stuff.  the x1's have a loud bass and a bunch of wires but you'll get used to it.  If you want to the x4's are wireless and have a lower bass and argurably are better than the x1's
    turtle beach X4s are badass! there gunna cost ya though. i got a pair and wouldnt trade em for the world. :)
    Bap Zang
    hmmm just checked out the x4's and i dont think they are within my price range :P
    the x1's look like my best option but what are the actual benefits. Will it help my gameplay or will it just enhance the enjoyment factor?
    Kamikaze DaMutt
    I have the X4's also.  They are amazing, but expensive.  If your looking for something cheaper, I'd go for the X1's.  They aren't quite as good as the X4's, but still good for the price.
    Bap Zang
    yh i am seriously considering the x1's but have heard they buzz?not sure to what extent this is true but would be very grateful if owners could clear the situation up
    also still not too clear as to the benefit of gaming headsets
    i am a good player but dont know how much it will affect my gameplay
    manOFsnow
    Astro A40's baby.

Oh, and I'm back by the way.
    ERICbarbaric
    Are these headsets you guys are referring to for Xbox or for PC?  I thought the only headsets available to the 360 were the ones made by Xbox (Wired, Wireless, Halo wireless)...
    ERICbarbaric
    NVM I looked it up... I'm glad they're compatible with both PC and Xbox 360.  These could be pretty convenient!  Are the X1's solid or is it worth it to go the extra mile and buy the X4's?

ERICbarbaric4 wrote:

NVM I looked it up... I'm glad they're compatible with both PC and Xbox 360.  These could be pretty convenient!  Are the X1's solid or is it worth it to go the extra mile and buy the X4's?

X4s are wireless, super comfortable, batteries last forever. the sound is just amazing!! you can hear the bad guy coming a mile away, if hes above or below you, and in what direction hes moving.
    ERICbarbaric

Mr Pink wrote:

ERICbarbaric4 wrote:

X4s are wireless, super comfortable, batteries last forever. the sound is just amazing!! you can hear the bad guy coming a mile away, if hes above or below you, and in what direction hes moving.

Hmm... sounds good!  Just wish they weren't $200.00   :(
    Sprunch
    [url:2pdid649]http://forums.infinityward.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28109[/url:2pdi d649]

Thats a discussion thread about them by yours truly :)
    Bap Zang
    any places to get them other than amazon?
    I've got the X1's - they're really good. Never noticed any buzzing & they're very comfortable.

They have improved my gameplay no end - you can hear the direction of everything and lots more sound that just isn't picked up by your tv speakers.

The only problems I've found is that it takes a while to get used to the distances ie when you first use them it sounds like someone is walking right next to you when really they're miles away, but once you get used to it they really help you find people. The other problem for me is that you sometimes need to take them off when you're sat in the lobby if other people are making stupid noises or playing music as it gets really annoying, but if you're an xbox user you can mute them (I think) so it's fine.

They're defo worth the money.

Bap Zang wrote:

Bestbuy

I got the x3's $100.00, I could drop $200.00 for the x4's.
    ERICbarbaric

DR FUGGER wrote:

Bap Zang wrote:

Bestbuy

Wait there are more headsets than the X1 and X4?!?
    Trichromez

manOFsnow360 wrote:

Astro A40's baby.

Oh, and I'm back by the way.

Unfortunately not in their budget :(
    hip_hop_bunni
    What makes these headsets (x3s) better than cheap ones?
    boosted90tsi
    I've recently got the Turtle Beach X1s.  They're real nice for the amount you spend.  I can afford the X3s or X4s, but I can't justify spending $100 or more on a headset. 

As far as performace, the X1s are pretty good and will help out a lot when trying to locate people, especially in SnD.  Sometimes on quiet maps and within close quarters Dead Silence can also be heard.

ERICbarbaric4 wrote:

DR FUGGER wrote:

Bap Zang wrote:

Bestbuy

Wait there are more headsets than the X1 and X4?!?

Yep check out bestbuy.com.  I will say that the astro's are better than turtle beach but not many people can afford them at least I can't.
    Sandman1000
    I was Hoping to get a Tritton AxPro or Astro. But suppose going to announces a couple of new Tritton headsets at E3 this year so I decided to wait to hear more about them like Ax720 and Ax400. Ax720 seems pretty similar to AxPro but hopefully with less wire and better mic. AX400 is wireless so. I'm going to wait and see more about these two headset in tell I buy a headsets that over $140
    walnuts52289
    I got the x3's thats what I would suggest their like 100 American dollars and you can get them at best buy I don't see a need for x4's I don't understand what could make them worth 200 American dollars..Can someone tell me the difference between x3 and x4's?

walnuts52289 wrote:

I got the x3's thats what I would suggest their like 100 American dollars and you can get them at best buy I don't see a need for x4's I don't understand what could make them worth 200 American dollars..Can someone tell me the difference between x3 and x4's?

I think the X4's are 5.0 dolby digital.
    ItWorktLastTime
    Sony mdr-v900hd.
    ProjektJDM

Bap Zang wrote:

Hey i was just wondering, where is the best place to get my hands on gaming headsets? i was thinking of getting some
    also any opinions on whether it is actually worthwhile if you already have them would be much appreciated :)

Try this site out
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.astrogaming.com/products/all/">http://www.astrogaming.com/prod ucts/all/</a><!-- m -->
    ChalkyBarracuda

Bap Zang wrote:

yh i am seriously considering the x1's but have heard they buzz?not sure to what extent this is true but would be very grateful if owners could clear the situation up
    also still not too clear as to the benefit of gaming headsets
    i am a good player but dont know how much it will affect my gameplay

the X1's only buzz if you have a play and charge kit attached, but even then, its relly not that noticable when you're playing
    Xblblank
    Buy a Turtle beach at best buy or Circuit city.
    Signal
    I never have ANY distortion when playing with my X1's. I love em