47 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 7:37 PM by UMC_LEADER RSS

This game is a joke with all the hacking

WillieStuder
don't waste your money on pc games
  • Re: This game is a joke with all the hacking
    EndlessTurmoil

Mustafus wrote:

lol yes, waste your money on the console games which are starting to have as many hackers as the PC has.
    WatchIMightdoaTrickorTwo

EndlessTurmoil wrote:

Mustafus wrote:

lol yes, waste your money on the console games which are starting to have as many hackers as the PC has.

Well the new COD4 patch that came out took care of them :) and you cant use modded controllers ANYMORE :)
    EndlessTurmoil

WatchIMightdoaTrickorTwo wrote:

EndlessTurmoil wrote:

Mustafus wrote:

Well the new COD4 patch that came out took care of them :) and you cant use modded controllers ANYMORE :)

thats nice to hear. but it didn't take over a month did i? not to mention the leaderboards are screwed up, the game was UNPLAYABLE for about a week straight, and no body was banned? ugh..
    TexDaShooter
    I figure it won't be long before someone gets real crafty and starts developing the same hacks that are currently available for the PC to the consoles and there won't be a dam thing they will be able to do about it.
    L3nny

Mustafus wrote:

Nah mate i wont..thats why i brought xbox 360 and stop playing on my pc..darn hackers.
    Sm3K3R
    Don t worry the so called haxors will come on consoles too and they ll brig their tools with them :) .
    Without the PC technology your consoles graphics would have been at the PS 2 level  for years.In 2 years the console graphics will be absolite ,if the game developers wont boicot the PC gaming.
    The PC brought the evolution into the crap consoles that many users buy today.
    COD 4 has so many haxors due to the old and outdated engine (Quake 3 based).
    EndlessTurmoil
    why complain about cheaters? go play in a league where they have their own anti cheat client.
    Noble_Truce
    I tried this out for super cheap(Bought from friend for $15) and I was extremely disappointed. So many AimBots...
    Garrett2112
    PB has been awol for a month or so again & the hacks are starting up it seems IMO.  Seems like they catch up - release an update & then about month later they are back again.  2-3 weeks ago the hack sites and/or some hackers did DoS (denial of service) attacks and even took down PB (at least their evenbalance.com site was down....) and other anti cheat sites for a while. 

I am however thankful that PB started catching the game hooks a month ago though. You can see when they start catching them again on PBBans and Punksbusted MBI lists - as the bans almost double in number all of a sudden.

And to IW's defense - it's a PB issue mostly and they need to step up if they aren't doing so already and hopefully the MW2 coding is more secure - but would guess it's about the same.

p.s. love PBBans (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.PBBans.com">http://www.PBBans.com</a><!-- m -->) for the anti cheat services they provide and they almost went under because of the attacks - so would encourage the community to go help them by donating to their new network/servers..
    Sm3K3R
    This year PunkBuster realeased maybe 3-4 updates for COD 4,this is not enough having in mind it works practically only one week .After a week after the PB update the hacking is back.
    In fact the best game experience ,no matter the game (BF2 ,COD4,etc) ,is in the first 2 days after the PB update.

PB should be financed by the game publishers /developers because i see its used to minimize crackware also.
    So no matter the donations this is not the way.No matter what servers they use when someone DDOS them they will be down.The bad guys ,opposed to what we see in some movies always win.
    Better to DO the cheat/hacks sites than trying to keep up with them.

Practically a weekly Punk Buster update would be the best choice to have some good game experience in COD 4 PC Multyplayer.

Anyway the old engine is the issue here ,change completelly the game engine with a brand new one, with no quake 3 remainings, and 80 % of the haxors will be playing nice and tidy.

We are already in the 64 bit computing era ,maybe its the time for game developers to switch to it for enhanced security and proper PC experience even while gaming.
    Kurushimi

EndlessTurmoil wrote:

Mustafus wrote:

because consoles are computers now..
    PROTOTYPExZEUS

Mustafus wrote:

People are already starting to hack again, so, stop the console bashing.
    EndlessTurmoil

Kurushimi wrote:

EndlessTurmoil wrote:

Mustafus wrote:

because consoles are computers now..

they are computers, just mini computers with limited functions. and yes, if i am wrong, why are so many of you PS3/360 player complaining about the hacking? you even said COD4 was unplayable. lmao.
    Oz Chick

EndlessTurmoil wrote:

why complain about cheaters? go play in a league where they have their own anti cheat client.

Because if you dont say anything....notheing will be done right.
    Mad_Xero
    I don't see the big deal..it's so easy just to ban them unlike consoles...
    Sm3K3R

Mad_Xero wrote:

Are you for real ? :)
    So we all need to do our own servers so we can ban them :)
    Very few COD 4 servers have proper administration anyway and usually,administrators  dont give  a damn (some of them are haxing to).
    In the best case you are the one called whiner ,if not kicked.
    Garrett2112
    Evenbalance is paid by the game developers & would guesstimate mostly for piracy. 

Therefore, we contract directly with game developers and/or publishers who wish to have our software and services associated with their online gaming products....If you are a game developer or publisher and would like information about integrating PunkBusterâ„¢ into your online games, please contact us via email at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:license@evenbalance.com">license@evenbalance.com</a><!-- e -->.

[url=http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=info.php:1ve449ml]EvenBalance Info Link[/url:1ve449ml]

On the donations part - [url=http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index.php?act=home:1ve449ml]Punksbusted[ /url:1ve449ml], [url=http://www.pbbans.com/:1ve449ml]PBBans[/url:1ve449ml], [url=http://www.airdaleops.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=ba4m7nnu49e724l6p4v8k7s581&: 1ve449ml]Airdale Ops Network[/url:1ve449ml], and ect. are community based developed utilities that run along with Punkbuster to help flag, catch, and ban hackers/cheaters and thus, they depend on the community for support. 

For example, play on a PBBans streaming server and watch them get flagged/caught in the messages in the lower left of the screen.  It just brings joy to your heart when ya see them get nailed - just wish I could see their faces when the "You are Globally Banned" screen came up... :)
    Sniped Sniper
    I'm rank 44 and i haven't seen ANY hackers/cheaters yet.
    Sm3K3R

Melt wrote:

I'm rank 44 and i haven't seen ANY hackers/cheaters yet.

Play COD 4 multy then! :)
    If this is your first PC multy experience then its understandable.
    You can observe often ,while your playing on a public server ,streamed and PB protected, that some people are banned even ,if you dont see them as cheaters/hackers.Just look carefully at the onscreen messages.And this are the ones the antcheat is seeing,think about the other ones (the pro haxors that change GUID-s like socks ).
    Oh and the rank in COD 4 is useless.
    Mike_Ock

Sm3K3R wrote:

Mad_Xero wrote:

Are you for real ? :)
    So we all need to do our own servers so we can ban them :)
    Very few COD 4 servers have proper administration anyway and usually,administrators  dont give  a damn (some of them are haxing to).
    In the best case you are the one called whiner ,if not kicked.

You're stupidity is just an act, right?

If you're picking a handful of servers that lack "proper administration" out of 10,000+, that's nobodies fault but you're own.
    Sm3K3R
    Are you for real like your brother?
    So how should i peak servers ?
    Mike_Ock

Sm3K3R wrote:

Are you for real like your brother?
    So how should i peak servers ?

"peak" servers? No idea.

Pick servers?

How about picking some of the busier ones. Or, here's a novel idea... a server that's ran by a clan, where... *gasp* the members are currently playing.
    Sm3K3R
    Not a native english speaker ,sorry .
    I m already picking  "peak" servers and there are haxors on them.The fact that a server is populated doesnt mean its "clean".And there are clans accepting "unclean" members anyway, so playing along with clan members on the clan server doesnt mean anything .
    PunkBuster is the only neutral factor that should clean servers ,but its not well mantained.
    Without further patches COD 4 will die quick anyway .Of course no one will patch it so we can buy MW 2.
    roxel11

Mustafus wrote:

LOL ? I'd rather not waste money on consoles and play with piss poor players who cant aim for *chit!
    EndlessTurmoil

roxel11 wrote:

Mustafus wrote:

LOL ? I'd rather not waste money on consoles and play with piss poor players who cant aim for *chit!

hahahahahahah

pc games are about three million times more enjoyable than console games
    Strike Reyhi
    herp derp pc is the only thing worth owning herp derp seriously i get that it's the pc subform and all but if you refuse to even touch console only games i refuse to call you a gamer.
    EndlessTurmoil

Strike Reyhi wrote:

herp derp pc is the only thing worth owning herp derp seriously i get that it's the pc subform and all but if you refuse to even touch console only games i refuse to call you a gamer.

that my fellow PC friends, is the logic and sentence fluency/grammar of a proud 360 owner.
    Strike Reyhi
    dude **** you I don't just play my 360 I play on pc as well, but to completely ignore one whole area of gaming you aren't a real gamer. people like you are the people that give PC gamers a bad name.
    EndlessTurmoil
    i have never heard of anyone say PC gamers have a bad name. the only people who do have a bad name are the console gamers lmao.
    Mike_Ock

Strike Reyhi wrote:

herp derp pc is the only thing worth owning herp derp seriously i get that it's the pc subform and all but if you refuse to even touch consoleonly games i refuse to call you a gamer.

Yet you're a console gamer in a pc discussion thread, right?

With that said, I refuse to call you intelligent.

Funny how that works out, huh?
    Livin PA

Mustafus wrote:

You sir just suck. Most of the time when people complaining about hacking it's because they are getting their ass kicked. Hacks do exist but they are not as widespread as you make it seem.
    EndlessTurmoil

Livin PA wrote:

Mustafus wrote:

You sir just suck. Most of the time when people complaining about hacking it's because they are getting their ass kicked. Hacks do exist but they are not as widespread as you make it seem.

it's funny they are saying PC sucks because of hackers. yet on the consoles you can visit the PS3 leaderboards and see how people have 5 million kills lmao with 200 million score.. it's funny, and they were complaining about people being able to fly and that made the game "unplayable" haha
    AaronN95

Mustafus wrote:

i wish my computer didn't suck so much and i would play arma2 on pc. :(
    Livin PA

EndlessTurmoil wrote:

Livin PA wrote:

Mustafus wrote:

it's funny they are saying PC sucks because of hackers. yet on the consoles you can visit the PS3 leaderboards and see how people have 5 million kills lmao with 200 million score.. it's funny, and they were complaining about people being able to fly and that made the game "unplayable" haha

Ignorance is funny.
    I hate it when 360 owners get in the pc sub forum.... STAY AWAY
    lolz jk
    Livin PA

keir1414 wrote:

I hate it when 360 owners get in the pc sub forum.... STAY AWAY
    lolz jk

Hey, hey my other gaming platform is a 360. We aren't all bad. ;-)
    Thanks for the tip.
    Can't you just get PunkBuster, though?
    Or does that not do any good?
    TMPace
    Chill out, it's already been confirmed that MW2 is going to be on an updated, souped up, new engine. So odds are it's going to be more difficult to code hacks for it, and if it's even possible it's going to take quite some time. Notice how WaW isn't infested with tons of hackers yet.

On a side note, I barely run into hackers, only when I venture into servers with 30 people +, which aren't fun anyways.
    r0arshach
    Hacking is a joke in COD4. There are no hacks that work good at all with the COD4 source code, so barely anyone hacks. And if they do, I still manage to beat them every round because their hacks are so bad.
    Livin PA

Mo0shy wrote:

On a side note, I barely run into hackers, only when I venture into servers with 30 people +, which aren't fun anyways.

I frequently visit the 30-40 player servers and in the past year I have only met about 2-3 true hackers. The rest of the "reported" hackers just had ridiculous skills.
    masterdz522
    If people hack, hack back. I much perfer pc gaming. I hate consoles because they are too expensive. I can also download PC games.
    -=]GST[=-KHAN

masterdz522 wrote:

If people hack, hack back. I much perfer pc gaming. I hate consoles because they are too expensive. I can also download PC games.

You can DOWNLOAD Games on every Plattform,but i would never hack , thats a shame!
    Patriot474

EndlessTurmoil wrote:

leagues is full of cheats to, but it flys under the radar because no one seens whats really going on.

like Cevo-P and theirs others, most of them you dont see join public servers because a good demo would get them banned.
    jelly112

Sm3K3R wrote:

COD 4 has so many haxors due to the old and outdated engine (Quake 3 based).

Yeah , cod series need a new engine... Although I love this engine :) Quake 3 was  a great game imo.
    $hAnK.iB
    99.999999999% of the people you THINK are hacking...Are probably just really good. I get called a hacker daily, Yet i dont hack what so ever. Some people just aint cut out for the fast paced PC action.
    Patriot474

$hAnK.iB wrote:

99.999999999% of the people you THINK are hacking...Are probably just really good. I get called a hacker daily, Yet i dont hack what so ever. Some people just aint cut out for the fast paced PC action.

by that logic 00.0000000001% of players in the game is hackers.

glad that ONE person was banned then.