13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2009 10:50 AM by december RSS

A New Idea of the Create-A-Class

december
So I understand the game is not implementing anything new and is already in the stages of completion and whatnot. So please understand this is all my opinion and thoughts on the Create-A-Class subject.

I have a new idea which I really wish was in the game that I doubt is. A "Hardcore" and "Core" Create-A-Class Loadout. You have two Create-A-Class lists of 5-7 Classes. 1 is for whenever you play Hardcore game types the "Hardcore Loadout" would be your classes. The other one is for whenever you play Core game types. And you could not use the "Hardcore Loadout" for Core mode and vice verse for the "Core Loadout"

I will try to illustrate here.

"Hardcore Loadout" = Only for Hardcore Games
1. Custom Slot
2. Custom Slot
3. Custom Slot
4. Custom Slot
5. Custom Slot
6. Custom Slot (Only if there are more classes than 5)
7. Custom Slot (Only if there are more classes than 5)

"Core Loadout" = Only for Core Games
1. Custom Slot
2. Custom Slot
3. Custom Slot
4. Custom Slot
5. Custom Slot

Now basically you could edit them in your lobby menu and etc. But when you chose a game then the list for that game mode would show up.

Personally I hate when playing Core/Hardcore and then some buddies get online and they want to play opposite of what I am so I have to switch classes all around. And I really do switch all my classes because I use 2-3 different fall back classes depending on the maps and mood of the match. So that leaves me 2 classes to experiment with or use other weapons to complete challenges, etc. If they only make 5 then they make 5. I would like more such as 7 or so and I would love my idea above.
  • Re: A New Idea of the Create-A-Class
    Freshkid85
    how about 5 defaults slots and 5 custom slots and (for example) at level 5 you can customize the defaults to there class (assult has to be an assult and so on), then at level 10 you get the 5 customs.

now you got 10 slots and atleast 1 types of each and then 5 of what ever

Freshkid85 wrote:

how about 5 defaults slots and 5 custom slots and (for example) at level 5 you can customize the defaults to there class (assult has to be an assult and so on), then at level 10 you get the 5 customs.

Not really a good idea,you don't unlock enough weapons to make your "default" class somehow different between levels 5 - 10 :/
    frog-eZnow
    5 core, 5 hc

and a custom ingame slot

that you can change your gear perks etc ingame

that way, you can have all your set classes, but if you want a change u can do it ingame
    There should be 12 custom class slots to start with none of the hardcore core nonsense
    "Hey guys we are going to play hardcore"
    "K give me a couple minute to change my classes"
    "If only we didn't have to change it every time we go from Core to Hardcore"

I completely agree with this, I want to stop the above conversation.
    The_Waroed_1
    That's not a half bad idea.

I often won't accept invites from people because I know they play core and all my classes are set for hardcore. I don't want to go and change most/all of them to play an indermined number of games.

It solves the core/hardcore class problem but it doesn't create any potential balance issues because you still have only XXX number (as low as 5) to choose from.

Not bad at all. MUCH better than the dude's five per map idea.
    PSN: Schuesseled

December wrote:

So I understand the game is not implementing anything new and is already in the stages of completion and whatnot. So please understand this is all my opinion and thoughts on the Create-A-Class subject.

I have a new idea which I really wish was in the game that I doubt is. A "Hardcore" and "Core" Create-A-Class Loadout. You have two Create-A-Class lists of 5-7 Classes. 1 is for whenever you play Hardcore game types the "Hardcore Loadout" would be your classes. The other one is for whenever you play Core game types. And you could not use the "Hardcore Loadout" for Core mode and vice verse for the "Core Loadout"

I will try to illustrate here.

"Hardcore Loadout" = Only for Hardcore Games
    1. Custom Slot
    2. Custom Slot
    3. Custom Slot
    4. Custom Slot
    5. Custom Slot

"Core Loadout" = Only for Core Games
    1. Custom Slot
    2. Custom Slot
    3. Custom Slot
    4. Custom Slot
    5. Custom Slot

Now basically you could edit them in your lobby menu and etc. But when you chose a game then the list for that game mode would show up.

Personally I hate when playing Core/Hardcore and then some buddies get online and they want to play opposite of what I am so I have to switch classes all around. And I really do switch all my classes because I use 2-3 different fall back classes depending on the maps and mood of the match. So that leaves me 2 classes to experiment with or use other weapons to complete challenges, etc. If they only make 5 then they make 5. I would like more such as 7 or so and I would love my idea above.

you could extend on that idea offering a different custom class load out for every game type, s&D, demolition hardcore TD, core TD etc.
    The_Waroed_1

PSN: Schuesseled wrote:

you could extend on that idea offering a different custom class load out for every game type, s&D, demolition hardcore TD, core TD etc.

Too much
    jk49erfan
    Wow. this is a suptid idea....

u already have 5.. u dont need 5 for each gametype
    and if MW2 has more classes per prestige then u can get more..

u dont need a seperate five.. just use 2 of ur five for hardcore
    PSN: Schuesseled
    how so the difference is miniscule, a few kilabytes.
    Freshkid85

Edonice wrote:

Freshkid85 wrote:

Not really a good idea,you don't unlock enough weapons to make your "default" class somehow different between levels 5 - 10 :/

i just put levels in there for example to explain the idea not where they would really be or should
    The_Waroed_1

jk49erfan wrote:

Two?

TWO?

Tell you what, you try playing with only two classes available. And I really mean only two, the preset classes are always virtually useless in hardcore due to the perk selections. And this  includes those times when you dont even know what map you will be playing on until you are already loading.

TWO? Really??
    december

The_Warped_1 wrote:

PSN: Schuesseled wrote:

Too much

I agree that it is too much. If they did that you might as well be able to change your class at any time whenever. Its an alright idea just a little overboard I think.

jk49erfan wrote:

Two?

TWO?

Tell you what, you try playing with only two classes available. And I really mean only two, the preset classes are always virtually useless in hardcore due to the perk selections. And this includes those times when you dont even know what map you will be playing on until you are already loading.

TWO? Really??

I agree once again. jk49erfan you must not play Hardcore very much or you are the type of person that only likes to use a select number of guns. I use all the guns and love to complete all the challenges because I like the fun of it. I could only use two classes, but I would still need something more because I need counters to different style players and their classes. With all the perks, attachments, and gameplay styles, I need my 5 classes. Plus having only 3 classes for Core mode is ridiculous. 3 Core and 2 Hardcore. Maybe if I had 10 Custom Slots so I could have 5 and 5 I wouldn't mind, but 3 and 2? No way I could handle that.