1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 102 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2009 1:30 PM by krisfx69 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    CoD4&5NoSCopEzZ

multiplayerreport wrote:

Most of you cant seem to comprehend the point of this thread.

IW are obviously potheads, which is why they put in so many pot callsigns. Potheads are lazy, which is why the game has so many glitches. No one's talking about pothead callsigns killing people...pay attention, potheads.

and dwight...helicopter callsigns belong in a war game. pot callsigns dont. what a moronic post you made.

what about sharks, hot chicks, rabbit in a hat?

you're point is stupid. Ovbiously not all potheads are lazy. What a dumb remark. And they only put 3 pot callsigns in. The same as most types of callsigns. You're argument is completely invalid.
  • 31. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    TB Dark
    Every game will have glitches [/fact]
  • 32. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    Condey
    "Most of you cant seem to comprehend the point of this thread.

IW are obviously potheads, which is why they put in so many pot callsigns. Potheads are lazy, which is why the game has so many glitches. No one's talking about pothead callsigns killing people...pay attention, potheads.

and dwight...helicopter callsigns belong in a war game. pot callsigns dont. what a moronic post you made."

The game is glitchy because its still in its infancy. I assure you that new games having a lot of glitches, bugs and exploits is nothing new to the world of gaming. World of Warcraft is a good example, after 4 years of patching it still has the occasional bug or exploit that slip through the cracks in between patches but never as many during the first few months of its launch and remarkable still is the fact that these bugs came about despite Blizzard's lack of pot related content. Ergo pot =/= lazy developer.

And there were points made that Infinity Ward advocated pot so its still relevant to the discussion to adress those points.
  • 33. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game

TB Dark wrote:

Every game will have glitches [/fact]

Wow... Thank you for contributing on the thread topic.

*Ahem*

Now, as far as the OP - As a non-smoker I'm not bothered by the Pot signs and emblems but the fact that they obviously chose this game to be "more appealing" to the casual consumer crowd... maybe in-game Pot references weren't the smartest move to make by IW huh...
  • 34. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    MAX IS A BOSS
    They must have been shooting people on a regular basis too.
    They must have been sex offenders as well (Flasher/Voyeur title, etc)
    They must have been involved in gang activities (OG Title, money and drug references)
    They must have been skateboarding daily (Skateboard titles)

The holes in your logic are amazing.
  • 35. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    Condey
    "Wow... Thank you for contributing on the thread topic.

*Ahem*

Now, as far as the OP - As a non-smoker I'm not bothered by the Pot signs and emblems but the fact that they obviously chose this game to be "more appealing" to the casual consumer crowd... maybe in-game Pot references weren't the smartest move to make by IW huh..."

I agree, there are many examples of how IW's tone has shifted to the casual crowd (or at least more so then before) from all aspects of the game. The bombastic singleplayer campaign comes to mind...
  • 36. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    Nurse Brandon
    Now we have "law enforcement" people posting their garbage, conservative/republican, narrow-minded comments.

Pot, that's what you guys are complaining about? Gimme a break. It will be legal eventually, for use by anyone, prescription or not. Get over it. You're all the same idiots who think gay marriage is wrong. Piss off.

I bet most, if not all of you either currently smoke cigarettes/cigars/tobacco/etc, or drink regularly/occasionally/socially/ or have at one point. That crap is worse, in all cases, than pot. Shut up.

The glitchs are annoying. I've been playing other games besides this one a lot more recently due to them. The private game crap has to go, along with this infinite ammo nonsense.

They are working on it; as said. So stop whining like little children.

- Nurse Brandon
  • 37. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    T-dubbyf4i
    Yeah i'm sorry pot isn't that big of a deal. I've seen people smoke and operate a motorcycle in ways you can't image so it's obviously not all that bad.
  • 38. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    recaldy

Rhinosaur35 wrote:

I can't disagree with this.

+1

As an uncool dad, I think the pot references go to show they bent over backwards to cater to their target demographic at the risk of turning off quite a few players, including myself.

Although I'm not a father I agree with this post.
  • 39. Re: Now you know what happens when potheads make a game
    Mista808
    Marijuana is legal for certain prescribed users in California.  So although it may be the law, it's not exactly the law EVERYWHERE this game is played.  But I do also agree that the marijuana symbol is a bit much.  And that's coming from a medically prescribed marijuana user myself.  So if I can admit that, then I'm sure the parents out there and others who don't use marijuana definitely feel the same way.
1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next