31 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2013 6:47 PM by mmkaho RSS

Is boosting really that bad?

Alright I know what you're thinking. No I'm not talking about boosting for 10th prestige, getting a nuke, fall camo or anything like that. I'm talking about boosting for get a certain perk..

My friend and I both boosted for Sitrep Pro one day.. Then whenever I used it I got called a booster.. Really? Just because I wanted to see what a perk did I was all of a sudden the worst player ever?

With everything that's happened on this game (Javelin glitch, private match glitch, nuke boosters, care package glitch, etc.) getting a pro perk is all of a sudden the worse thing you can do in this game?

Has anyone here actually gotten Sitrep pro in a prestige? (I'm not talking about stopping on 70, I'm talking about get 70, prestige, get 70, prestige, etc.). Do people really think boosting for Sitrep Pro or even Cold-Blooded Pro (which I didn't boost for, but get accused of boosting for) gives me an advantage?

What is your opinion on boosting for Sitrep Pro? (I only did it on my second prestige, then I prestiged and lost it since but still.)
  • Re: Is boosting really that bad?
    Blok39
    Yes boosting is that bad!

defeats the purpose of the game, why even buy it if your just going to cheat your way through it?

Point made!
    i dont see a problem with it i do it with steady aim
    d_abes
    you had to boost for steady aim?  Fail of the month!
    FALLENxSAINTx
    Dude the way i look at it you payed your 59.99 for your game (149.99 in my case) and who cares what or how you play YOUR game. If some of these people buy your game then there opinion should matter... other than that play YOUR game the way YOU want to play it.

P.S. Public mute works wonders and you don't have to hear that talk :)
    FALLENxSAINTx

d_abes wrote:

you had to boost for steady aim?  Fail of the month!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    StallionR
    Thats the thing, cheaters rarely ever see the "problem".

Problem i'm guessing is the lack of skill it takes to get it legit. Boosting for steady aim? Thats pathetic. Same with sit rep pro, "I wanted to see what it does". Well here's a quicker idea, go online and google it.
    Rhinosaur
    I think boosting anything is bad/evil/immoral/unforgiveable...but I'll make an exception for SitRep Pro.

Honestly, by the time you level it up you hit prestige. Not sure why the requirements for it is so high.
    no i dont HAVE to boost for steady aim, but i literally only use snipers so there is no point running up to people and trying to no scope them.
    d_abes
    lol, ok!  Would it kill you to switch to a smg for an hour or so and get it proper though?
    StallionR
    Since its now acceptable to boost on MW2 then howabout we all get a public room on the go, invite each other then stay at the back of the map shooting each others claymores. [/sarcasm]

lol, ok! Would it kill you to switch to a smg for an hour or so and get it proper though?

would it kill? no but i just like sniping lol, i guess ive only boosted it 2 times to star im 5th prestige so I don't do it every time just a couple. i did it 3rd and 4th i think.
    iw mw 2 fan
    If you want to know what it is like just ask any member on this forum, and yes like the other guy said why buy a game just to cheat in it.

If you want to know what it is like just ask any member on this forum, and yes like the other guy said why buy a game just to cheat in it.

but you see thats the thing he did it one time, maybe gaining 1 or 2 levels from it, purchasing a game and boosting once or twice for a pro perk doesn't make any difference.
    [FS]Wiz
    No excuse, ever. Grind your way there like the rest of us.
    Rhinosaur
    The only problem with boosting is when you ruin the game experience for other players.

If you wanna private match glitch I don't really care. What does it serve? So you can get 10th prestige with fall camos and all the emblems/titles?

Okay, if you get all that, then what next? You get to show off all your leet gear and titles while you get single-digit kills five matches in a row, then quit?
    Happy BlaZeR
    In general boosting is lame and pretty much cheating.  Having said that.....

Go to cage match and do whatever you want to.  Just keep it out of public matches with more than one player on each team. i guess it is not a team if it is only one person, but you get what I am saying.  I have problems with and will hunt them down for boosting in non cage match matches, which is a lot unfortunately.

As long as your ill gotten KS rewards aren't a nuisance in FFA and team based matches I am choosing not to worry about it.

Of course my way of thinking leaves open thoughts and opinions about people using Pro Perks gotten from boosting even in cage matches during team based games like DoM or TD

The only problem with boosting is when you ruin the game experience for other players.

If you wanna private match glitch I don't really care. What does it serve? So you can get 10th prestige with fall camos and all the emblems/titles?

Okay, if you get all that, then what next? You get to show off all your leet gear and titles while you get single-digit kills five matches in a row, then quit?

but boosting a pro perk maybe once or twice doesn't really affect anybody and its nothing like the 10th prestige idiots
    Rhinosaur

o keto o wrote:

but boosting a pro perk maybe once or twice doesn't really affect anybody and its nothing like the 10th prestige idiots

Like I said, if you take time to boost, you aren't playing the game. Therefore, you can be boosted to the gills, but you haven't been playing real matches and you'll probably have your ass handed to you.
    FALLENxSAINTx

Happy BlaZeR wrote:

In general boosting is lame and pretty much cheating.  Having said that.....

Go to cage match and do whatever you want to.  Just keep it out of public matches with more than one player on each team. i guess it is not a team if it is only one person, but you get what I am saying.  I have problems with and will hunt them down for boosting in non cage match matches, which is a lot unfortunately.

As long as your ill gotten KS rewards aren't a nuisance in FFA and team based matches I am choosing not to worry about it.

Of course my way of thinking leaves open thoughts and opinions about people using Pro Perks gotten from boosting even in cage matches during team based games like DoM or TD

agreed....IMO Cage Match Boosting is ok.....just don't ruin other folks fun bu Nuke boosting or Boosting in regular games. If the do start boosting find them and tube them. I have a tube class made up of tubes on scar and thumper with danger Close. just need to get in the area of them and you will Ruin there day

Like I said, if you take time to boost, you aren't playing the game. Therefore, you can be boosted to the gills, but you haven't been playing real matches and you'll probably have your ass handed to you.

well ive boosted a pro perk 2 times i think and it really hasn't affected my game play i dont have an amazingly high k/d at 1.21 but its also not negative so im content.
    CREEPYCRAWL
    Great another boosting is ok thread.

My god.

Its cheating you tools, and if you cant get your perk pros by playing, why play you fing NOOBS.

Go ahead keep on boosting, it's just the more kills us legit players get because you suck balls.
    krmkse
    no 3rd person boosting is not bad, dont listen to these idiots tell you otherwise.  they spend their time on a forum complaining about everything irrevelant to them.  as long as you dont hinder anyone elses game experience you are doing nothing wrong.  freedom is there for you as long as you dont not encroach on anyone elses freedom.
    m16 from scratch

CREEPYCRAWL wrote:

My god.

Its cheating you tools, and if you cant get your perk pros by playing, why play you fing NOOBS.

Go ahead keep on boosting, it's just the more kills us legit players get because you suck balls.

Wait... you ACTUALLY CARE if somebody boosts for some artwork on their gun, or for, as an example, SitRep Pro?

I can picture you now as being that giant d-nozzle talking major crap to everyone in the lobbies you enter, saying how "legit" you are. Remember, it's a VIDEO GAME, and someone having Fall camo on their weapon is the LEAST of your problems in the game.

Also, for SitRep Pro, many people believe that it will be similar to a Turtle Beach (is that what it's called?) headset as far as hearing enemies goes, but it is not really THAT amazing. If you want to hear the game sounds, plug a set of headphones into your TV (most TV's can allow this).
    FALLENxSAINTx

M16 from Scratch wrote:

CREEPYCRAWL wrote:

My god.

Wait... you ACTUALLY CARE if somebody boosts for some artwork on their gun, or for, as an example, SitRep Pro?

I can picture you now as being that giant d-nozzle talking major crap to everyone in the lobbies you enter, saying how "legit" you are. Remember, it's a VIDEO GAME, and someone having Fall camo on their weapon is the LEAST of your problems in the game.

Also, for SitRep Pro, many people believe that it will be similar to a Turtle Beach (is that what it's called?) headset as far as hearing enemies goes, but it is not really THAT amazing. If you want to hear the game sounds, plug a set of headphones into your TV (most TV's can allow this).

my Turtle Beach x4's own!
    Exigos Mortis
    The only perk that I can see boosting for is site rep pro.

I say this for two reasons:

One, 120 claymores is a lot to destroy to obtain the Pro version of the perk that really (two) has nothing to do with what it takes to obtain it.

Why do I have to destroy 120 enemy explosives to hear differently?

If you play certain game modes, SnD or TDM perhaps you will run into a lot of claymores.

I play mostly FFA and I am lucky if I see 120 claymores between lvl 37 (when Sit Rep unlocks) and lvl 70 (when it is time to prestige if I desire.)

There have been many threads about Sit Rep Pro and many who feel that 120 is too high for the pro. I agree; but others do not. And that is OK.
    CREEPYCRAWL
    Everything you get while boosting you can get by just playing. I have the fall camo on 1 gun and when I got it I got it LEGIT. And personally I would feel like an idiot if I got it any other way other than just PLAYING THE GAME. But I guess thats just me all you other queens that think its ok can go f yourselves. But whatever makes you feel better. keep on flaming, keep on saying its cool.
    ODESSA Z
    Anytime you achieve something in any game, not just video games, pro-sports(steroids), board games, cheating at card games....anytime you achieve something through fraudulent means it hurts the integrity of the game and can even hurt peoples feeling.

Category 1-There are those who play sports, video games, whatever...to be the best and play with honesty and integrity because they care about the record they have.

Category 2-There are those who without conscience, cheat, hack, boost, mod, steal, glitch and subvert the system to make themselves appear to be something they are not. Or they do it simply because they can.

Is boosting really that bad? Only you can answer that question. If your in category 1--yes it is bad even if it is just boosting a perk. If your in category 2--why do you care, you made your choice to get something that you know wasn't earned with honor.
    Glovesave74
    I think that SitRep Pro is the only acceptable thing to boost for. That's my opinion. It's too hard to get legit.
    Hardcore Only
    I have no problem with people boosting. Mainly because its always done in the ghey ass gametypes I never play...softcore aka poosay mode.