38 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2010 2:42 AM by Spartan_Throne RSS

Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.

gamezilla36
Just watch this video, and with your honest opinion, try and say he sucks at the game, and that when he hits you in the chest he SHOULD get a hitmarker, only to have you turn around and spray you down with his no recoil ACR.

Watch the whole video before you post.

[url:zhgqc962]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ1oB5dmLZs[/url:zhgqc962]
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    TheDustbinMan
    This video again? Third time today. Already destroyed it in one of the other threads. Sorry. And yea, if hes running Painkiller that much in public he does suck. GG WP NO RE?

    Every one of those hit markers is a limb shot, he just thinks hes better than he actually is. Nothing new from Intervention montage makers :)
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    gamezilla36
    Nice, did you think you had a good time showing how he hit them in the upper body, only allowing them to turn around and commando his ass, or shoot him down with 2 shot kill assault rifle?

    Good on ya mate.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    m40noscopemaster
    what are you complaining about you know perfectly well if you shoot someone in the arm they're not going to do as it's not ohk to limbs so stop complaining and just shoot them in the ******* head.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    gamezilla36

    Hedgehog87 wrote:

     

    This video again? Third time today. Already destroyed it in one of the other threads. Sorry. And yea, if hes running Painkiller that much in public he does suck. GG WP NO RE?

    Every one of those hit markers is a limb shot, he just thinks hes better than he actually is. Nothing new from Intervention montage makers :)



    **** you very very much. :D

    I really dont think youve probably ever been sniping in this game before.

    Just because you have a 1000+ post count, it doesnt mean you know everything. Go sniper with an intervention. This guy does not suck, and I laugh at you if you think he DOESNT have any skill whatsoever, when you use your ACR with heartbeat sensor and commando.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    gamezilla36

    LiamTheAcogMaster wrote:

     

    what are you complaining about you know perfectly well if you shoot someone in the arm they're not going to do as it's not ohk to limbs so stop complaining and just shoot them in the *** head.



    Jesus Christ. try and put exactly what you said into action, go use your intervention and snipe them in the head. MLG PROOOOSSSA
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    gamezilla36
    Some of his shots were limb shots, but mostly werent. SAlot of them were in the "collar bone" area.

    I had enough of this game like he has, and I bet you have too when you swear at the screen continuously because some guy commando'd you from 9 feet away.

    Just understand that alot of people are trying to change this game FOR THE BETTER. i dont understand you if you are guarding the snipers as they are right now. It just makes me so angry.

    Just go use Comando and understand how cheap it is.

    And understand how annoying and frustrating sniping can be in this game.

    Good byesss
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    M3:16
    Well, for one, he isnt acting like a sniper, a sniper sits back and takes time to line up his kills.

    Second, If you run in the middle of the action, you will die.

    Third, he should take time and line up good shoots, not just try and be 1337 and get quicks.

    Fourth, if he wants realism, then he wouldnt respawn when he dies, most of the maps wouldnt exist, Your guns would get jammed and not work, 1 shot from anything will severely injure you and more, realism is out.

    Fifth, making them 1 hit killers always would be severely overpowered and then you would whine that they should be nerfed. 

    Sixth, he sounds like a douche and just cause you have a good internet doesnt exempt you from lag and he isnt better than anyone else like he thinks he is and maybe he actually sucks, if i wanted, i could record everything and only show the good stuff and cut out my fails and claim i am the best.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    SeanSim
    Intervention is fine.

    I watched the entire video.

    Every shot that was not a one-hit kill was either: in the arm, in the hand, in the SHOULDER (not collar bone), in the leg, or in the hip.

    Sorry, he didn't hit in the head, neck, chest, or stomach, so he didn't get one-hit kills.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    gamezilla36
    The intervention is fine SeanSim? Really?

    M40a3 predator does sit back and snipe, but he does it differently to what you think. He only runs in and quickscopes if he thinks he WONT die, and has a fair chance of killing them.

    every sniper does sit back in parts of the game, to get kills, its just how the snipers work
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    TheDustbinMan
    Do you actually have an argument or are you just ******** and crying like all the other ex-M40A3 ACOG noobs from CoD4?

    Quoting myself from a similar thread-

    Hedgehog87 wrote:

     

    Wow another "im bad at sniping so buff snipers" thread.

    So much wrong with that video.

    First of all he could have the best internet connection in the entire world and he would still get lag because you know what? MW2 uses P2P. YOUR game quality depends on the location and connection quality of the host (for PC also include the power of the hosts machine). So yea, lag is always an issue.

    Second the Barrett isnt an anti-tank weapon and even if it was, gameplay and balance always come before realism. Anyone who uses the realism argument really fails and im sure they even know themselves how weak their argument is.

    Thirdly, I dont know who he is and I dont care who he is. He gets payed to play MW2? I doubt it and even if he does he probably makes less than someone working at McDonalds on minimum wage.

    Next he asks for snipers to be OHKs above the waist, err they already are. The Barrett, Intervention and WA2000 all OHK to the chest. With Stopping Power the Barrett and Intervention OHK anywhere but the arms and legs. Shows how much this "guy who gets payed to play" really knows about his "job".

    First he says "im not asking for snipers to be an OHK anywhere" then about 10 seconds into the clips he asks for exactly that. Self contradictions is yet another sign of a weak argument.

    Then the video-
    1st hit marker he shoots the guy in the arm.
    2nd hit marker he shoots the guy in the hand. (lol @ sniper kill cam in a QQsniperssuck video)
    3rd hit marker he shoots the guy in the leg.
    4th hit marker he shoots the guy in the hand.

    and it just goes on and on.

    This guys getting payed to play and hes constantly running pain killer in public matches? I doubt it. This video is no different from all the other QQ snipers suck video out there. Just another bad worker (lol) blaming his tools. Has it ever occured to him that maybe hes just not very good at sniping?



    If you cant reply to that then why dont you just go back to CoD4?:)
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    SeanSim

    gamezilla36 wrote:

     

    The intervention is fine SeanSim? Really?



    Yup.

    I feel like Intervention ACOGing in FFA now.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    Siriusa
    I quickscope from time to time. It's fun. But if you actually think it's an efficient playstyle or that it should be, you need to get your head examined.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    Alone_I_Play
    The Intervention and Barrett are fine.

    And I am a sniper, and don't use ACR or Scar when not sniping, even less a HBS.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    AssassinatorPie
    There were no hand shots in this video.

    Basically, the limbs are too big because IW defined them as being very large on the torso, so a tit hit may be considered a limb shot and a collar bone hit is considered a limb shot.  and then a cock block is a leg hit.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    Alone_I_Play
    No hand shots?

    Are you blind?
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    lokikallas
    I you can't hack it in hardcore, they put in stopping power for a reason.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    gamezilla36
    Look, I believe the Intervention needs to be buffed up, as I dont think you should get hitmarkers above the waist, even if you do hit them in the arm.

    Ive had many a times where I sit back and snipe and just get hitmarkers over and over again. I hate it when people say you ACOGer from Cod4, because ive been using the m40 a3 qwith reg scope, and quickscoping since the beginning.

    The assault rifles and other weapons are so strong and just make everything else pointless. Its time the Intervention had a buff, as the others are semi auto.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    SeanSim
    I was just using the Intervention + ACOG today.

    Was working fine for me.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    gamezilla36

    SeanSim wrote:

     

    I was just using the Intervention + ACOG today.

    Was working fine for me.




    ...Please tell me you are kidding. Did you ever get angry with randoms spraying you down across the map with their famas and M16 and Scar and ACR?
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    SeanSim

    gamezilla36 wrote:

     

    ...Please tell me you are kidding. I challenge you to go 30 and 0 with the Acog. And not camp.




    ^ wtf?

    I can't just "go 30 and 0".

    And if I did, it'd be because I would be playing bad people, not because of my skill or because of my weapon.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    Guster
    Wow

    I, for one, think that video CLEARLY demonstrates how much of a disadvantage Snipers are at in this game.

    From what I can tell, this guy is a good player. You can tell by the way he moves/aims. So that whole "he's complaining because he sucks" charade doesn't really work here.

    He's not running around quick-scoping everyone, nor is he sitting in one spot the entire game. He's playing like a COD sniper should. (And I say COD sniper because, due to the labyrinth-esque quality of MW2 maps and the wonky spawn system, you really CAN'T afford to play like a traditional sniper might in a game like BC2, but that's another issue entirely)
    EVERY shot in that video SHOULD have been a kill. I don't care if it was a "shoulder" or "bicep" shot, those should be registered TORSO hits and NOT "limb" hits.

    Look, I'm not asking for insta-kills on every part of the body. I will accept the consequences of hitting my target in the forearm/hand/legs/foot. But these upper body shots are total bullsh*t!

    ESPECIALLY in the face of these insta-kill, burst-fire assault rifles. (m16/famas) And these, no-recoil, hold-the-trigger-down-and-spray laserbeam assault rifles. (scar/m4/acr)

    OP and video author, you guys have my full support, and I'm honestly surprised at this community's reaction.

    edit: Go to 3:20 in that video. PERFECT demonstration of Sniper bullsh*t. That shot SHOULD have passed through his arm and into his torso.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    SeanSim
    Oh, but Guster! According to this guy up here, unless you can consistently go 30 and 0 with the Intervention, then it's just not strong enough!
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    Siriusa
    I disagree with how you saw a lot of the shots as body shots. Almost all the shots I saw were limb shots, only a few (through the arm into the torso) should have been a kill. This is mostly an issue of, again, the latency and lag inherent with a P2P hosting system.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    Guster

    I disagree with how you saw a lot of the shots as body shots. Almost all the shots I saw were limb shots, only a few (through the arm into the torso) should have been a kill. This is mostly an issue of, again, the latency and lag inherent with a P2P hosting system.



    I agree, some of them were "limb" shots. Actually, most of them were.

    The problem here is what the game defines as a "limb shot". Sorry, but a Sniper bullet to the shoulder is not a f*cking limb shot. A sniper bullet to the arm, as you hold your gun at your chest, is NOT a F*CKING LIMB SHOT

    (not raging at you Siriusa, just the game)
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    Siriusa
    Again, I said that the through-arm-to-torso shots should have been kills. Shoulder shots should probably be considered kills. But knee shots, elbow shots, and durr-hurr-ima-quickscope-ur-feetz shots should not be.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    Guster
    As far as I could tell in that video, there were no knee, elbow, or *foot shots. Maybe one hand shot as the victim was running away.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    Dahoff9330
    I only get hitmarkers with the intervention when i am quick scoping.When i am actually sniping i do very well and i snipe in almost 99% of my matches, that little 1 percent is when i kill my self to shoot down air support.The Intervention got me my best game so far with a score of 50 and 1, i just think if you do hard scope after every kill look around the area.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    SwisherMike
    that guy must suck, or recorded 20 games and found some un lucky clips like that in it.

    I always get one hit one kills with the .50 or intervention, rarely do i get hit markers. he must suck....most likely hes an average player whos pissed and made a propaganda video with lies.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    GumboVariation
    Lmao SwisherMike, trust me this guy does not "suck". Maybe you should watch his other vids?

    And to whoever said he must not make alot of money, hes freaking using painkiller in pubs, you think he get paid to play in pubs? Are you really that stupid?
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    SpiderMMA
    Personally, I don't think there is any problem with the intervention.  I have spent a long time with both the intervention and the Barret and can confidently say, the guy in the video is not playing the role of a sniper very well.  The video made me laugh, as he was trying to prove a point that he was hitting the torso when in fact, he was mostly hitting limbs.  If you use the intervention as intended and set yourself up in a good position it is an incredible weapon.  If it was buffed then it would be far too overpowered.  Quickscoping takes a lot of skill and it impresses me to see someone do it well, but at the end of the day, your still leaving yourself out in the open and thats not how to be an effective sniper. 

    Is there a problem with the hitmarkers?  I vote...No!
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    SeanSim
    I'm going to go through all of his hit markers in the video and see what I saw. THIS IS JUST MY OBSERVATION, I DON'T STATE THESE AS FACT.

    @1:21 This is a elbow shot.

    @1:33 This one honestly looked like a miss to me. I'm surprised that he even got a hit-tick. This one could be debatable, though. I'm just saying it LOOKS like a complete miss?

    @1:56 Went to fast for me to notice. Looks like a thigh/front hip, though.

    @2:05 Looks like he shot the gun-holding arm to me. Could be debatable that it should have gone through and killed him.

    @2:14 I dunno. Went to fast, again. Couldn't tell where he hit.

    @2:20 Yeah, looks like a collar bone. This one probably should have counted as a neck shot.

    @2:33 Clear arm shot.

    @2:39 Hit in arm/shoulder. I agree that it SHOULD have gone through to hit in the stomach. But the game doesn't work like that for some reason. :(

    @3:04 Elbow shot.

    @3:11 Again, this looks like it should have been a complete miss in the first place. But if I'd say anywhere, it looks like another elbow shot.

    @3:18 He hit the guy through the wall. I don't know if this OpTic guy is using FMJ or not, though. Pausing the video, it looks like it would have hit in the upper leg/butt anyway.

    @3:23 Another arm shot.

    @3:39 Pausing the video, it AGAIN looks like this should have missed. But, either way, looks like another arm shot.

    @3:44 Looks like he jerked it to the right last second and hit him in the hand through the wall. Dunno, though.

    @4:00 You all know that I hate Painkiller.

    @4:13 Wow. Trying to show off with a 360 spin? e_e Well, either way, I have no idea what happened here. Looked solid anyway.

    @4:24 I couldn't see where this hit.

    @4:34 Oh, c'mon. That was a butt shot.

    @4:41 Clear elbow shot if you pause.

    =====================================================

    So, that's what I saw. If you think that the game should make bullets go through people's arms and kill, then that's a different story. I think that would be a pretty cool feature, but it wasn't implemented in the game (yay hitscan?).
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    Siriusa
    I'm pretty sure he was using Extended Mags, not FMJ.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    lokifeyson

    SeanSim wrote:

     

    I'm going to go through all of his hit markers in the video and see what I saw. THIS IS JUST MY OBSERVATION, I DON'T STATE THESE AS FACT.

    @1:21 This is a elbow shot.

    @1:33 This one honestly looked like a miss to me. I'm surprised that he even got a hit-tick. This one could be debatable, though. I'm just saying it LOOKS like a complete miss?

    @1:56 Went to fast for me to notice. Looks like a thigh/front hip, though.

    @2:05 Looks like he shot the gun-holding arm to me. Could be debatable that it should have gone through and killed him.

    @2:14 I dunno. Went to fast, again. Couldn't tell where he hit.

    @2:20 Yeah, looks like a collar bone. This one probably should have counted as a neck shot.

    @2:33 Clear arm shot.

    @2:39 Hit in arm/shoulder. I agree that it SHOULD have gone through to hit in the stomach. But the game doesn't work like that for some reason. :(

    @3:04 Elbow shot.

    @3:11 Again, this looks like it should have been a complete miss in the first place. But if I'd say anywhere, it looks like another elbow shot.

    @3:18 He hit the guy through the wall. I don't know if this OpTic guy is using FMJ or not, though. Pausing the video, it looks like it would have hit in the upper leg/butt anyway.

    @3:23 Another arm shot.

    @3:39 Pausing the video, it AGAIN looks like this should have missed. But, either way, looks like another arm shot.

    @3:44 Looks like he jerked it to the right last second and hit him in the hand through the wall. Dunno, though.

    @4:00 You all know that I hate Painkiller.

    @4:13 Wow. Trying to show off with a 360 spin? e_e Well, either way, I have no idea what happened here. Looked solid anyway.

    @4:24 I couldn't see where this hit.

    @4:34 Oh, c'mon. That was a butt shot.

    @4:41 Clear elbow shot if you pause.

    =====================================================

    So, that's what I saw. If you think that the game should make bullets go through people's arms and kill, then that's a different story. I think that would be a pretty cool feature, but it wasn't implemented in the game (yay hitscan?).



    that's basically exactly what I saw too
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    MW2_ACR_AdDiCt
    That video is a joke! Unless he's running a silencer(My speakers are dead, I can't tell.), then of course it's legitimate! Well, that and he's a suicide-sniping dumbass! Sniping requires patience, that quick-scoping bullocks only proves he doesn't know how to snipe.
    I run a similar class:
    Intervention FMJ(Working on Extended Mags, as usual...)
    .44 Magnum Akimbo
    Throwing Knife
    Smoke Grenade x 1
    Scavenger Pro
    Cold-Blooded Pro
    Steady Aim Pro
    Copycat

    I always go for the head/chest. I haven't gotten a hitmarker yet(I don't count painkiller.)!
    Nope, not even when I lag! When I lag, it still ends up hitting the head/chest, it just takes 3 seconds longer, or it's a complete miss!
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    Red_Frostraven
    Everone who have ever sniped for more than 500 kills in modern warfare 2 knows what the OP is saying, and feel sorry for him not getting any prime examples on camera.

    ...
    Just yesterday, I had my whole clan as witness as I empied half a magazine of Barret.50 into a stationary enemy in HARDCORE search and destroy.
    5 rounds.
    Each carefully placed ON target.
    When I died, the guys in my clan/squad/team were going "WHAT???!!?!?!?!?!?!?!? YOU SHOULD HAVE HIT HIM?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?! WHAT THE HECK???!!!!!!!!"


    ...
    I need a capture card for my 360, king of bad hit detection among the platforms.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    philbo
    You intervention tards should at least TRY to aim for the chest/head. THEN complain.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    Spartan_Throne

    gamezilla36 wrote:

     

    Nice, did you think you had a good time showing how he hit them in the upper body, only allowing them to turn around and commando his ass, or shoot him down with 2 shot kill assault rifle?

    Good on ya mate.



    If he's within range to be commandoed, what the hell type of sniping is he doing?

    Because in my mind, I get the impression that a sniper rifle is better at long range...

    I mean, you don't catch many people using a shotgun to kill people from accross the map; so why do so many people try to kill others with a sniper rifle at shotgun range?

    Oh and as for the point about 'no recoil AR's!!! OMG!!!', you're trying to point out that all weapons have been buffed bar snipers, when SoH makes snipers at least 2x as effective. Did you even try the CoD4 M16? That was better than any gun in MW2, and yet snipers in that, even with out SoH Pro were able to do extremely well...

    Your arguments, and the rest of these are unfounded and to put it plainly, show a lack of skill in the sniping department; perhaps you should all give up, or atleast turn off your capture cards.
  • Re: Sniper Hitmarkers. Yes, I went there.
    Spartan_Throne

    Red_Frostraven wrote:

     

    Everone who have ever sniped for more than 500 kills in modern warfare 2 knows what the OP is saying, and feel sorry for him not getting any prime examples on camera.

    ...
    Just yesterday, I had my whole clan as witness as I empied half a magazine of Barret.50 into a stationary enemy in HARDCORE search and destroy.
    5 rounds.
    Each carefully placed ON target.
    When I died, the guys in my clan/squad/team were going "WHAT???!!?!?!?!?!?!?!? YOU SHOULD HAVE HIT HIM?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?! WHAT THE HECK???!!!!!!!!"


    ...
    I need a capture card for my 360, king of bad hit detection among the platforms.



    That would be lag, you didn't get a single hitmarker. I take it you thought you should have hit with the first shot, then shot 4 out quickly to try and make up for the lag that just stole your kill after which you go nailed. Oh well, it happens.