1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2010 5:36 PM by ISG Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: IGN's 5 Ways to improve MW2
    Learus Caper
    ^The big post a few posts up is right ^

Guess what, guys? W@W had mp40.

Look at all the **** that MW2 has? That's like comparing a mole hill to a mountain.

I'd take average gameplay with some REAL balance over "a little better" gameplay with zero balance and hundreds of problems.

Sorry.

Hopefully 'Nam owns cause I can't stand more than an hour or so a day of MW2 anymore.

Ironically, my Xbox is broken anyway.
  • 21. Re: IGN's 5 Ways to improve MW2
    Mw2OwlCity
    If only IW actually cared about their players instead of just their money. If so this game would be a lot better than what it's said to be. And that article itself pretty much wrapped all of my problems up.....BYT WAIT! IW won't do anything to solve these issues what a suprie!
  • 22. Re: IGN's 5 Ways to improve MW2
    Polka14
    I was not impressed by that article.

1)Map Rotation: I think IW should only make the gametypes rotate the maps on an equal probability of becoming the next map.  And I do not even remotely like the idea of forcing people to play a map they do not like because other players have different tastes in maps.   That is what the articles suggests.  Gamemode rotation should be based on probability too.

2)Lone Wolves: This is a nice idea. More points could equal more participation.

3)"Noob Tubes": I disagree with the solution to this.  The M203 must be limited in its ability to be used in the game.  This means one grenade per life, no OMA reloads, no Scavenger reloads, and no direct impact kills. Simply reducing its power would not be enough. The M203 free playlist idea is absurd.

4)"Bigots": Irrelevant. Not IW's problem. Not sure about PS3 but XB360 has a viable solution to people using offensive language.  Report them.  "Family Fun Zone"? Go play Viva Pinata.

5)"Netcode": I would like to see that fixed however I do not know how that would happen or how IW could fix it.  This varies depending on location of players. Not everyone will have good connection.

Well thanks IGN for another blatantly ignorant article. Instead of discussing the cheating, the glitching, the unfair weapons, commando knifing, the HISG, or the ridiculous single player mode, you talk about Map rotation as if that is a major problem. Discussion of the major problems in MW2 should come first.
  • 23. Re: IGN's 5 Ways to improve MW2
    DonQuixotegut
    Little nit-picky thing; the author used the wrong version of "Newb" based on his own description of the name N00b-tube. You'd think that a gameing article author would check his definitions. A Newbie, somebody new to the game, is a newb... a n00b is moron who knows better.
  • 24. Re: IGN's 5 Ways to improve MW2
    addition
    That article was ****. Map rotation/ bigots aren't the main problems in this game. The spawns, weapons, map layout, killstreaks, and perks are the causes of all the **** you experience when you play this game.
  • 25. Re: IGN's 5 Ways to improve MW2
    Crossfire21

DonQuixotegut wrote:

Little nit-picky thing; the author used the wrong version of "Newb" based on his own description of the name N00b-tube. You'd think that a gameing article author would check his definitions. A Newbie, somebody new to the game, is a newb... a n00b is moron who knows better.

Thanks for the addition to my signature --->
  • 26. Re: IGN's 5 Ways to improve MW2

Chrason wrote:

W@W was a ripoff of COD4 set in a different war. For god sakes they stole the game engine and put new clothes on it

Na, they put old clothes on it.
  • 27. Re: IGN's 5 Ways to improve MW2
    Dwight.
    Disagree with the 'lone wolves' thing. Objective game modes are fine as they are.

Disagree with the pro-pipe too. It's fine, the fact that IGN actually used the word 'cheap' is hilarious.

Getting rocked by grenades? Equip the Blast Shield

Are they unaware that the Blast Shield is there for all explosives?
  • 28. Re: IGN's 5 Ways to improve MW2
    HolmyJ

W@W was a ripoff of COD4 set in a different war. For god sakes they stole the game engine and put new clothes on it

World at War used the same engine as Call of Duty 4, yes, but does that really make it the same game? Halo hasn't changed engines. Nor has Battlefield. I'd say that there were more improvements from Call of Duty 4 to World at War than there are from CoD4 to Modern Warfare 2. World at War was unique, with what realistic gun sounds and looks, gore and language, and the great campaign. As far as multiplayer goes, Treyarch had it nailed. Local search (which is worth more than any engine could ever be), gun diversity, much better spawns, weapons dominated at their specific range and didn't just outclass every other gun. Not to mention the rifle grenades were only unlocked after 150 kills with a semi-automatic rifle, and you only got two per life. Most kills in WaW were by actual gunfire, rather than grenades, RPG-7's, killstreaks, grenade launchers, etc. The maps in WaW were the best maps ever created for a first person shooter - it's undeniable.

Plus, WaW had Nazi Zombies, which was great fun.
  • 29. Re: IGN's 5 Ways to improve MW2
    SwisherMike
    Yup, W@W owns MW2