47 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2010 11:26 AM by Clutch Cat4lyst RSS

IW killed my AK-47.

AKalltheWay
So in Cod4, my favorite gun was my golden AK-47.  I'd use it whenever i needed to get back into the game, and it worked.  So coming into MW2, I thought since the AK was unlocked at 70, that it would have been made even better.  Maybe a little bit less recoil, or more damage.  But.... sigh....no.

I get it at 70, and what is this?  It has even more recoil and the damage is worse.  I think "Okay, maybe once I put a silencer on it like usual, it'll be great".   Sigh...no.

Not even the camos look that good on it, I got urban today and I just went meh.  Totally not worth staying at level 70.  Oh yea.  Why does it sound like an mp5 when it's silenced?  Makes it sound wimpy, I loved the metallicy, nailgun kind of sound that was there before.
  • Re: IW killed my AK-47.
    ICEheaven103
    the AK sounds like a dollar store toy
    Clutch Cat4lyst
    The AK47 deals the same damage that it did in COD4 and is just as effective as it was before.
    Guster
    Yeah, it's the same as it was in COD4, except MW2 has other super-assaultrifles that outclass it.

But dude, keep using it. The Ak is actually somewhat of a challenge to use. And the Red Tiger/fall camos do look good on it, IMO.
    flASCO
    just using AK+Silencer+Cold-Blooded makes a person feel like a badass. that's all the reason one needs to use it.
    XyZ-ProShoTz-XyZ
    Are you kidding me? With assault rifles being one of the most overpowered weapons that can kill snipers from 500 feet and instead of the bullets ranged becoming lower it stays the same you want the AK to have more power and less recoil?

Sorry but I disagree with you.
    ICEheaven103
    i think the AK is even more stronger than it is from COD4. it just sounds like a toy gun
    Clutch Cat4lyst

Guster wrote:

Yeah, it's the same as it was in COD4, except MW2 has other super-assaultrifles that outclass it.

But dude, keep using it. The Ak is actually somewhat of a challenge to use. And the Red Tiger/fall camos do look good on it, IMO.

I don't think the other guns outclass it at all.  It is similar to the scar, except it has a bigger clip and a little recoil.  So it all depends on preference, but they can all be used effectively.
    AKalltheWay

flASCO wrote:

just using AK+Silencer+Cold-Blooded makes a person feel like a badass. that's all the reason one needs to use it.

That's what i've been using.  Along with ninja and scavenger, i've been doing alright, at least 2.0 k/d each game.  I just have to take my shots carefully. 

Guster wrote:

I only have urban so far, and urban sucks on every gun so hopefully blue tiger will redeem it when I get there.
    God Sqwad

ICEheaven103 wrote:

more stronger

lol.
    AssassinatorPie
    its the only rifle in the game that has sway.

except for sniper rifles

no I don't mean AR's
    Traphik
    The gun doesn't reaaaally have much recoil, it just looks like it cause it has a kick animation when it shoots so people think you have to move the gun with the kick.

Take the gun into a private match and shoot it against a wall, it's relatively straight.
    Alone_I_Play
    I use it with Silencer and Cold-Blooded, and I can have kills easily, but I just die if I face someone with any ARs without silencer and with Stopping power. Otherwise it is really good...
    Flyerboy

ICEheaven103 wrote:

the AK sounds like a dollar store toy

True Dat
    ICEheaven103
    i just went to the dollar store! i went to the toy section and saw some M16s and AKs. i fired an AK and its sounded very similar to the MW2 one....
    Mikosah
    Actually the AK gets a huge advantage that it didn't have in COD4- its minimum damage doesn't drop when you put an attachment on it. In COD4 if you added a silencer or red dot your minimum would fall to 20, but in MW2 your damage stays the same regardless of attachments, so if I was you I'd call that a win.
    indiawhiskey
    Ak-47 was actually made better it's just that other guns became better like the ACR.
    JMurph333
    The AK-47 is still arguably the best AR in the game.  I would take it for short-medium range engagments over any other gun.

Mikosah wrote:

Actually the AK gets a huge advantage that it didn't have in COD4- its minimum damage doesn't drop when you put an attachment on it. In COD4 if you added a silencer or red dot your minimum would fall to 20, but in MW2 your damage stays the same regardless of attachments, so if I was you I'd call that a win.

Except you get idle sway instead, which next to no guns have now.
    The tactical AK-47 sounds like a peashooter or airsoft gun. IW definitley f'ed up the AK, I wish they had brought the old, classic AK with a wooden stock, no rails, etc.
    I was certain that this AK kicked the COD4 versions ass, except for sound, also with less recoil
    o0 KEV1N 0o
    I think the AK in MW2 is pretty kick ass, pity I always prestige and never get to have some alone time with it.

Chrason wrote:

I was certain that this AK kicked the COD4 versions ass, except for sound, also with less recoil

Nope, the classic AK is MUCH better, in all aspects. Except for the fact that adding an attachment reduces weapon damage, but that doesn't matter to people like me who can use the AK-47 without an attachment. The ironsights are good, IMO.
    killerkahnvict
    id like the sights from the old AK and the sound as well, and i wish theyd change the flash suppressor it looks ratarded. but i love the AK i just prestige real fast so ive only gotten fall camo once
    Konoton
    Same damage but 44 RPM slower.
    As for the unlock, just because it's the highest level unlock, dosen't mean it's pwnsome. This isn't a JRPG.
    ICEheaven103
    the MW2 AK is accually an AK101
    AFlan
    AK-47 w/ FMJ, Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power, and Ninja pro = beast class.
    JaXX188
    The red tiger AK looks a little frightening.

Digital camo looks nice on it, gets rid of that plastic tan coloring it has
    HolmyJ
    The sound is terrible, the sights look animated, it already loses the battle of firepower to most assault rifles and that's BEFORE you get to its recoil. Only the TAR-21 and F2000 have viewkick recoil, but when the AK-47 has an attachment, the idle sway makes up for that, making its recoil just as bad as those mentioned (and the TAR-21 already has the advantage of a higher rate of fire).

Not to mention the "no camo" color is WRONG. They should get an AK-47, record what it sounds like, look down the sights and translate all of that into the game, decrease the viewkick, and remove the discrepancy that the AK-47 has sway when you have an attachment.
    iTz Silent 750
    AK-47

Tooooooooo muuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhh recoooooooilllllllll
    Clutch Cat4lyst

SilentSniper750 wrote:

AK-47

Tooooooooo muuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhh recoooooooilllllllll

Actually it doesn't have very much recoil at all, it just looks like it does because of the way it bounces.
    Guster
    ^ According to this (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=print&threa d=41">http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cg ... &thread=41</a><!-- m -->), the AK has more recoil than the MG4. And, relative to most other AR's, it DOES have a lot of recoil.
    Clutch Cat4lyst

Guster wrote:

^ According to this (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=print&thread=41">http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cg ... &thread=41</a><!-- m -->), the AK has more recoil than the MG4. And, relative to most other AR's, it DOES have a lot of recoil.

I thought the MG4 has basically no recoil?  Although I haven't used it in a while.  But even still it isn't hard to hit someone at range with the AK47 compared to the Tar21.  So I would say it has a lot less recoil than that, but does have more than the Scar or ACR.
    miketriple
    The AK-47 is pretty great. I see a lot of ppl staying at level 70 after a few prestiges because they don't want to get rid of it. The sound is kinda weak, but it's not as bad as the FAMAS!

My major gripe is that any attachment other than ext mags or FMJs add terrible idle sway to it! :(
    +No more attachments magically making your bullets weaker like in CoD4

-Looks weird

Not a bad trade-off.
    Commandant Oreo
    I like my Cold Blooded with Red Tiger theme....but Im really digging my Red Dot Sight/FMJ Fall Camoflage.

FMJ does great things for it, my friend.
    Jazzek
    If you don't use the iron sights on the AK, you're doing it wrong.
    It doesn't have much muzzle distortion - it's all VISUAL recoil. This makes it hard to hit people at a distance behind cover, but you just burst or single fire.

jmurph333 wrote:

I would take it for short-medium range engagments over any other gun.

Agreed. One of the few ARs that I feel comfortable rushing with.

Can't say I have much of an opinion on the sound, and the look is ok. But, I love the iron sights and I think the rail system looks sick.
    MattAtk
    AK with red tiger, looks pretty nice...you should try extend mags, and a silencer.
    I laugh at all these people that say it has too much recoil.  And I don't really notice the sway, even though I normally use an ACOG on the AK-47.  I also don't get what people have against ACOG. -.-
    AKalltheWay
    I'm just saying. In my experience, the AK is so unworth the leveling to 70.  It actually motivates me to Prestige because i'd rather use guns like the M4 or the Famas because at least they'll get me kills.

Listen........I'm not knocking the AK. I understand it's a very good gun(VERY) when it comes to power and skill, but it just is at a level that makes it completely obsurd to be worth the level 70 when people are prestiging and using guns like the SCAR or TAR that are SOOOO much better in terms of difficulty.  And even when people keep with it, It just feels like you tolerate it.

How the HELL are you going to make the last unlockable gun, absolutely shitty in gameplay?!?!?!?

It doesn't make sense.
    Clutch Cat4lyst

AKalltheWay wrote:

I'm just saying. In my experience, the AK is so unworth the leveling to 70.  It actually motivates me to Prestige because i'd rather use guns like the M4 or the Famas because at least they'll get me kills.

Listen........I'm not knocking the AK. I understand it's a very good gun(VERY) when it comes to power and skill, but it just is at a level that makes it completely obsurd to be worth the level 70 when people are prestiging and using guns like the SCAR or TAR that are SOOOO much better in terms of difficulty.  And even when people keep with it, It just feels like you tolerate it.

How the HELL are you going to make the last unlockable gun, absolutely *** in gameplay?!?!?!?

It doesn't make sense.

It's not, it works really well once you get used to it.
    Siriusa
    I lurv my AK. Every time I hit level 70 I use it almost exclusively until I prestige.
    AKalltheWay

Clutch Cat4lyst wrote:

I've had some good matches with it silenced.  I guess since i prestige immediately i didn't get enough time to know it lol.
    Clutch Cat4lyst

AKalltheWay wrote:

Clutch Cat4lyst wrote:

I've had some good matches with it silenced.  I guess since i prestige immediately i didn't get enough time to know it lol.

Probably true for a lot of people
    TheDustbinMan

Guster wrote:

It fires a little slower than it did in CoD4 but now it doesnt have lower damage with the silencer and RDS. You are right though that it does seem considerably worse now that we have the ACR, TAR and SCAR to compare it with.
    Rhinosaur
    If you don't like the sound, slap a silencer on it. Makes a HUGE difference.

I think the AK is great on MW2, it's just that there are others just as good.

The AK, F2000 and the TAR are great to use in close quarters, something the other assault rifles cannot boast.
    Clutch Cat4lyst

Rhinosaur35 wrote:

If you don't like the sound, slap a silencer on it. Makes a HUGE difference.

I think the AK is great on MW2, it's just that there are others just as good.

The AK, F2000 and the TAR are great to use in close quarters, something the other assault rifles cannot boast.

Agreed