1 16 17 18 19 20 Previous Next 362 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 3:43 PM by escoblades Go to original post RSS
  • 170. Re: The Danger Close + OMA + Grenade Launcher Issue
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQrMUJ4TOVE">http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=PQrMUJ4TOVE</a><!-- m -->

OMA Noob Tube Abusers think that the above video is a "strategy", and that infinite ammo takes "skill" to use.
  • 171. Re: The Danger Close + OMA + Grenade Launcher Issue
    Guster

Guster wrote:

If there was a fully auto laserbeam that OHKed at 1000rpm, I'm sure everyone would use it. Because, you know, it's "effective".

I'm quoting myself because I seem to have been ignored.

Yes, OMA tubing is effective. Does that justify your use (some would say abuse) of it? Does that justify its existence?

Certainly not! To assume so is ridiculous. Look, any decent game developer strives to create a balanced field of play. So when one tool in the kit is head and shoulders more effective and easier to use than the rest of the tools in the kit, you've got something that needs altering/nerfing/balancing. IE, Akimbo Model 1887s when the game was released. It's hard to argue that they took any kind of effort to use, and it's even harder to argue that they didn't completely overshadow every other short range (and even some mid-range) weapon in the game.

I mean, seriously, not to be a troll, but I feel like the people defending OMA tubes are the people who enjoy getting a nuke every game because of them. That, or they've got seriously skewed perceptions of what the term "game balance" actually means.
  • 172. Re: The Danger Close + OMA + Grenade Launcher Issue
    Warlord-Chojin

o0FOXHOUND0o wrote:

# The nature of this game: Win, at any cost.
    # When I encounter this I recognize it as a form of combat that is completely effective and respect it. I personally do not like it, but it is a legitimate form of engaging your enemy.
    # I wish that more members of the community would combat the issue using in game counter measures than cry out on the forums of some “grand offense” committed by Infinity Ward for including such features.
    # Getting rocked by explosives? Equip the blast shield. Move fast, move constantly, seek, destroy and thwart your enemy. Instead our community decides to get even and use the class, exclusively, to retaliate. This is like trying to intentionally spread a disease to take revenge upon the infected.

None of this is taken from in-game reality.

The playing environment atm is littered with explosives. Millions of players solely relying on toobs to out-do most encounters.

Why should players gimp theirselves with blastshield, which really doesn't help, while the toober has such a powerful set-up ?
    Then we should run fast and dodge toobs ? Thats hilarious. It doesn't matter how fast you run, maps also have only so many pathways, especially enroute to an objective, a toob is instant detonation, instant kill.
    It will get you.

There is no balanced trade-off for infinite explosives.

Your asking players to give up their equipment slot to an ineffective blast shield, and develop more skills than they may have, just so you can keep Mr.Toober happy with infinite reloads, no gimping sacrifices and no need to develop additional skills? Do you not see the flaw in your logic ?
  • 173. Re: The Danger Close + OMA + Grenade Launcher Issue
    MaTtKs

warlord-chojin wrote:

o0FOXHOUND0o wrote:

# The nature of this game: Win, at any cost.
    # When I encounter this I recognize it as a form of combat that is completely effective and respect it. I personally do not like it, but it is a legitimate form of engaging your enemy.
    # I wish that more members of the community would combat the issue using in game counter measures than cry out on the forums of some “grand offense” committed by Infinity Ward for including such features.
    # Getting rocked by explosives? Equip the blast shield. Move fast, move constantly, seek, destroy and thwart your enemy. Instead our community decides to get even and use the class, exclusively, to retaliate. This is like trying to intentionally spread a disease to take revenge upon the infected.

None of this is taken from in-game reality.

The playing environment atm is littered with explosives. Millions of players solely relying on toobs to out-do most encounters.

Why should players gimp theirselves with blastshield, which really doesn't help, while the toober has such a powerful set-up ?
    Then we should run fast and dodge toobs ? Thats hilarious. It doesn't matter how fast you run, maps also have only so many pathways, especially enroute to an objective, a toob is instant detonation, instant kill.
    It will get you.

There is no balanced trade-off for infinite explosives.

Your asking players to give up their equipment slot to an ineffective blast shield, and develop more skills than they may have, just so you can keep Mr.Toober happy with infinite reloads, no gimping sacrifices and no need to develop additional skills? Do you not see the flaw in your logic ?

Blast Shield needs to be boosted.  Normally I would say that it's not my fault if you refuse to equip the counter to my setup, but since the Blast Shield isn't as effective as it needs to be, I can't.

Also as I've said, there have been plenty of opponents who have effectively countered my setup, whether it be with a long distance sniper to the head, or a Ninja Pro setup that sticks a knife in my back.

• 174. Re: The Danger Close + OMA + Grenade Launcher Issue
    Warlord-Chojin

MaTtKs wrote:

Also as I've said, there have been plenty of opponents who have effectively countered my setup, whether it be with a long distance sniper to the head, or a Ninja Pro setup that sticks a knife in my back.

The toob set-up 'tactic' is simply to exploit the mega advantages of having infinite explosive reloads.
    Remember, its the set-up that is powerful, not the player. Thats the problem. It means we could all arm it and do well, with minimum effort. What you end up with is COD: Toob Tennis.

The rest of the set-ups and weapons require you to do what actually makes COD a FPS.

Edit ; subtract Marathon/Lightweight/Commando from "The rest of the set-ups and weapons require you to do what actually makes COD a FPS." !! MLC would be good on Ninja Gaiden or something..
  • 175. Re: The Danger Close + OMA + Grenade Launcher Issue

MaTtKs wrote:

I've snuck up on boosters with Ninja Pro, spotted their TIs with Sitrep, and taken them out from a distance with an RPG.  Three possible counters.

So by your logic, boosting is not a problem and has no negative impact on the game.
  • 176. Re: The Danger Close + OMA + Grenade Launcher Issue
    MegaMonkeyChunk

Mr_Epic_Toast wrote:

MaTtKs wrote:

I've snuck up on boosters with Ninja Pro, spotted their TIs with Sitrep, and taken them out from a distance with an RPG.

So by your logic, boosting is not a problem.

You used Ninja and Sitrep at the same time?
  • 177. Re: The Danger Close + OMA + Grenade Launcher Issue

MegaMonkeyChunk wrote:

Mr_Epic_Toast wrote:

MaTtKs wrote:

I've snuck up on boosters with Ninja Pro, spotted their TIs with Sitrep, and taken them out from a distance with an RPG.

So by your logic, boosting is not a problem.

You used Ninja and Sitrep at the same time?

No, three possible counters to Nuke Boosters.  But since there are "plenty of opponents" that can use these, apparently nuke boosting shouldn't be fixed.
  • 178. Re: The Danger Close + OMA + Grenade Launcher Issue
    I SniFF GLuE
    Stop OMA and Scavanger from resuplying anything other than bullets. Problem solved.

I think thats the route IW will take, as it seems like the easiest solution.

In these videos, the guy spamming the tubes, seems to constantly firing unto the same position. You'd think the "victims" would actually learn their lesson, staying clear of the area in question.

Yes it is an exploit, but it looks a lot worse when used against retards.
  • 179. Re: The Danger Close + OMA + Grenade Launcher Issue
    Out of the whole One Man Army + Danger Close + Grenade Launcher setup the Grenade Launchers are the worst.

If I were a developer I wouldn't implement such a perk as One Man Army, it allows people to use and change to all available weapons/perks without limits, although that's also the fun part of it.

The Grenade Launchers are overpowered, it's that simple, I'm not comparing with "in real life", in the game's balance they do not fit besides the fact they're used in real life, that's my opinion about it, because I don't really see how you "adapt" or counter someone who uses the grenade launcher besides using it yourself.
1 16 17 18 19 20 Previous Next