19 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2010 6:26 PM by m40a3 user RSS

a Few Killstreak Improvements - Feedback?

m40a3 user
UAV - make it have a determined path for teams, sometimes its like i cant even see it in the sky

Care package - make it easier to shoot down since they pretty much have the ability to ruin an entire game (especially SnD)

Harrier - where to start.. take away the air strike, and instead give you the ability to pick where it will hover over, and in return it stays there until it leaves so it cant move (only spin). also make it not an instant kill. take away those ******* flares, theres no reason to miss a jet chilling in the air 50 ft above you

attack chopper - give it more flares so its harder to shoot down since its next to useless

stealth bomber - give the stealth bomber a UAV, when you press it you should be able to see the enemies and only you, tho there could be some cheating problems with that. also make it silent, not as loud as a predator bomb

pave low - make it 2 stingers to shoot down since it is "heavily armored", no flares

chopper gunner - only deploy flares until you get like 5 kills, and an instant shoot down afterwards

ac130 - make shooting it down more consistent, ive shot it down with the first stinger a few times and others its taken 4

emp - make it somewhat useful

nuke - give a warning for the other team like "radial activity detected" or "nuke threat detected" when the guy gets 20 kills, kinda useless but it would be cool

i know none of these will be changed thanks to iw but just a few thoughts
  • Re: a Few Killstreak Improvements - Feedback?
    Siriusa

M40A3 User wrote:

"radial activity detected"

This made me laugh.
    bwillb2
    I've got a better idea

UAV - keep as-is

Care package - remove

Harrier - remove

attack chopper - more armor.

stealth bomber - remove

pave low - remove

chopper gunner - REMOVE

ac130 - REMOVE

emp - 25 kills, disables electronics for both sides for the rest of the match, lose the ability to call it if you die first

nuke - REfrickenMOVE
    Jayer

bwillb2 wrote:

emp - 25 kills, disables electronics for both sides for the rest of the match, lose the ability to call it if you die first

I agree with this.

The EMP should have the same affect that it does in SP: Complete, utter HELL.

No Nukes at all, they ruin game play.
    Azza1012
    What harrier flares? If you are talking about them missing.. I will reply with a quote from a sig that I saw.. "Stingers are one with Helen Keller". They just miss Harriers sometimes
    Teabreaks
    Remove care packages and emergency airdrops, Make it so killstreaks dont build to one another i.e, you want a chopper gunner, youll have to get 11 kills with your kit, not get 5 kills then suddenly you have a chopper gunner.
    ridho

M40A3 User wrote:

UAV - make it have a determined path for teams, sometimes its like i cant even see it in the sky

Care package - make it easier to shoot down since they pretty much have the ability to ruin an entire game (especially SnD)

Harrier - where to start.. take away the air strike, and instead give you the ability to pick where it will hover over, and in return it stays there until it leaves so it cant move (only spin). also make it not an instant kill. take away those *** flares, theres no reason to miss a jet chilling in the air 50 ft above you

attack chopper - give it more flares so its harder to shoot down since its next to useless

stealth bomber - give the stealth bomber a UAV, when you press it you should be able to see the enemies and only you, tho there could be some cheating problems with that. also make it silent, not as loud as a predator bomb

pave low - make it 2 stingers to shoot down since it is "heavily armored", no flares

chopper gunner - only deploy flares until you get like 5 kills, and an instant shoot down afterwards

ac130 - make shooting it down more consistent, ive shot it down with the first stinger a few times and others its taken 4

nuke - give a warning for the other team like "radial activity detected" or "nuke threat detected" when the guy gets 20 kills, kinda useless but it would be cool

Harrier doesnt have flares,
    pave low already takes 2 stingers to take down,
    ac130 always has 3 flares, so you need 4 stingers,
    attack helicopter doesnt need flares, just better accuracy, damage and rate of fire xD
    care packages already suck...
    Mikosah
    Generally I'd say the solution is to make the air support less overbearing. For example counter-UAV could be buffed to prevent enemy AI gunners from seeing any target that isn't actually in their line of sight. For user-controllable streaks that could mean removing red boxes from targets that are not directly visible. Why not make the sentry guns able to shoot at enemy aircraft too? And a great way to make the EMP worthwhile would be to make it the one possible counter to an incoming enemy nuke. And the harriers? You want to know the simplest, most believable way to make them fit better in comparison to the chopper? Their HP amount. Choppers have armor, a jet aircraft has none at all. Lower the Harrier's HP realistically and problem solved. And if there's one suggestion for a new killstreak that anyone should ever pay attention to, please lord almighty let it be an interceptor squadron to clear out enemy killstreaks.
    Tuberculosis
    Just make the Harrier intercept enemy aircraft, then its harder for people to build towards the higher ranked killstreaks.

Make sentry guns alot smarter than they are now.

Remove the Nuke. Replace it with something more challenging and not game breaking, (ie. AI Controlled Reinforcements?)
    mmartin
    Well, that's part of the balance of the UAV. I think it's fine as is. 

Care package - I think it's fine as is.

The Harrier is perfectly fine as is. I don't think it has flares, but there's clearly a bug that prevents a guaranteed 1 shot kill every time. Although, I'm fine with it because I use it so I'm fine with Stingers sometimes missing.

attack chopper - I agree. It's pretty weak, although it was rumored that it was beefed up in the patch. Is that true? It should be either more aggressive or have one flare

stealth bomber - I think it's fine as is.

It does take 2 stingers, so what's the difference?

I think the chopper gunner is fine. Although it is easy to shoot down, it surprises me how long I can have one up. I will also switch to my Stinger CB class and take one out immediately.

ac130 - I've never had a problem with it. I believe it officially takes 3 shots. If anything, its time should be extended.

emp - I agree with this. At least make it a 10 kill streak or even 8 or 9.

I play TDM only so I don't see many Nukes. Although the Nuke threat thing is cool if a guy was at 20 and had a Nuke equipped.
    Suicidal Cheez
    Precision Airstrike: Make it a 5 kill streak so it would become more popular.

Attack helicopter: Make it shoot people (because it doesn't)

Pave Low: Fix the killstreak bug already!

Stealth Bomber: Make it faster or more silent so it doesn't give the enemies a whole minute to find cover.

EMP: Make it block out radio announcements (enemy UAV spotted!)
    JJmetallica
    Remove nuke

Remove care package and emergency airdrop and replace with something

Make attack helicopter good in some way

EMP should last 5 mins

Make harriers worse
    Rhinosaur

Siriusa wrote:

M40A3 User wrote:

"radial activity detected"

This made me laugh.

Does that mean a bomber is about to drop a load of Goodyears on the map?
    3: uav
    4: cuav
    5: sentry gun
    5: predator missle
    7: harrier strike
    9: pavelow or attack helicopter(make it strong like a pavelow)
    9: stealth bomber
    11: chopper gunner
    11: ac130(make it last as long as a chopper gunner)
    20: EMP(for the rest of the match)

simplify
    Cee_D

Teabreaks wrote:

Remove care packages and emergency airdrops, Make it so killstreaks dont build to one another i.e, you want a chopper gunner, youll have to get 11 kills with your kit, not get 5 kills then suddenly you have a chopper gunner.

This. All of it.

bwillb2 wrote:

I've got a better idea

UAV - keep as-is

Care package - remove

Harrier - remove

attack chopper - more armor.

stealth bomber - remove

pave low - remove

chopper gunner - REMOVE

ac130 - REMOVE

nuke - REfrickenMOVE

i wish
    witheringsanity
    actually, nukes could be very easily improved. give them a longer timer, and make it still possible to WIN THE FRIGGEN MATCH. not all gametypes rely on "whoever has the most kills wins". i can't tell you how fruckin annoying it is to go 5-0 on a capture the flag match, only to lose cause one guy camping the flag happened to get 25 kills without dying. thats monumentally retarded, especially for gametypes where people are getting mowed down constantly like demolition, capture the flag, and domination.
    Two cents here:

Precision Airstrike and Predator should switch kill requirements (5 for Airstrike, 6 for Predator).

No invisible flares for Harrier.

Care Package can only award 7-kill streak rewards or below, EAD up to 9-kill streak rewards (rarely).

Chopper Gunner has an overheat time on the gun.

EMP lasts three-five minutes, remove it from Care Package rewards.

Tactical Nuke removed.
    m40a3 user

Ridho wrote:

M40A3 User wrote:

Harrier - where to start.. take away the air strike, and instead give you the ability to pick where it will hover over, and in return it stays there until it leaves so it cant move (only spin). also make it not an instant kill. take away those *** flares, theres no reason to miss a jet chilling in the air 50 ft above you

Harrier doesnt have flares,
    pave low already takes 2 stingers to take down,
    ac130 always has 3 flares, so you need 4 stingers,
    attack helicopter doesnt need flares, just better accuracy, damage and rate of fire xD
    care packages already suck...

ive missed 2 stingers on a harrier, either there are invisible flares or its a glitch cause its not always 1 shot hit like it should be, ive never had to shoot a pavelow twice, its  1 stinger for me and always was *shrugs*