1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2010 3:18 PM by Headstonne Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: UMP45: Noob weapon or not?
    Diablo4777
    Can someone define what they mean by noob weapon?

I am a real noob, I have had the game for 6 weeks and never played a shooter before,

I have used the UMP,Famas,Vector,Fal, and Barret 50 cal.

As far as learning to play with a weapon the fal and famas were much easier than the ump. For an
    actual noob, recoil is taking time and practice to get used to, particularly from a distance.  In my
    experience the UMP is awesome in close quarters, but not that great across the map,the damage does go down
    with range taking more bullets.  The fal seems to take the same number of bullets to kill regardless of distance.
    I've used the ump with several combinations of perks including fmj and stopping power, but from a distance though possible to get kills it still takes 4 bullets without stopping power and fmj.  The fal overall seems much more powerful, easier to use and superior in every way except when someone is right next to me.  In the hands of someone who is actually good at the game maybe its different but in that case then wouldn't they do well with any weapon? I guess long story short, for a new player it doesn't seem to be over powered vs the other weapons I have tried out.

The term noob weapon to me should signify the grenade launchers? They don't require aiming or any skill and give out almost free kills on sight, you see people in kill cams using both the thumper and attachments, its disgusting and really takes a lot of fun out of the game.
  • 31. Re: UMP45: Noob weapon or not?
    IR.God
    a noob gun is anything that kills the whinners.  No guns are noob guns
  • 32. Re: UMP45: Noob weapon or not?
    It outclasses all the other SMGs, but it's no MP40. 

THAT was a "noob" gun.
  • 33. Re: UMP45: Noob weapon or not?
    Abcyourbehind
    I can't stand seeing people using this bloody gun with marathon, stopping power and ninja. It's just such a boring and bland class for bloody ground war, and it's actually started to really get on my nerves where if I get killed by someone using this bloody class I'll leave after the game ends.

USE SOMETHING ELSE, there are 4 other smgs!!!! Use them on the right maps and you'll be golden, don't go banana crazy using one on bloody derail or wasteland.
  • 34. Re: UMP45: Noob weapon or not?
    EvanMyspace
    UMP.45 has the 2nd lowest DSP in the SMG category. Only thing that I could see being changed is the damage drop for from 45-35 to 45-30, but even then you would still have even one complaining.

mp5k,p90,and the mini uzi all out class it in DSP.
  • 35. Re: UMP45: Noob weapon or not?
    DeEnglishMuffin
    I have the same exact class as mentioned in the OP :P
  • 36. Re: UMP45: Noob weapon or not?
    Damage drop should be from 45-30 instead of 45-35. Its a fact that its takes only three bullets with any attachment to kill without stopping power. You can search for the weapons chart and compare. Or you can try it in a private match.

The only way you didn't kill someone in three shots are if they had pain killer or you were shooting multiple enemies and didn't realize it.
  • 37. Re: UMP45: Noob weapon or not?
    RazzLee
    The UMP45 is a GREAT gun for beginners. I'm glad it's in the game.

Only noobs get to call guns "noob guns". If you're good at the game and say the UMP is too easy to use, what's the problem? If you don't like using it because you need a challenge then use another gun. Or you can be honest with yourself and admit you don't like being killed by that gun. The fact is, if you're so good at the game you wouldn't be killed by the noob using that weapon.

The guns in this game are extremely balanced. The ONLY real advantage the UMP has over the Vector is it's clip size. Anyone worth their salt will do just as well with any gun. If you don't, maybe you're not as good as you think.

My point? If you're calling anybody a noob for using ANY weapon in this game, YOU ARE THE NOOB. Get better or STFU.
  • 38. Re: UMP45: Noob weapon or not?

RazzLee wrote:

The UMP45 is a GREAT gun for beginners. I'm glad it's in the game.

Only noobs get to call guns "noob guns". If you're good at the game and say the UMP is too easy to use, what's the problem? If you don't like using it because you need a challenge then use another gun. Or you can be honest with yourself and admit you don't like being killed by that gun. The fact is, if you're so good at the game you wouldn't be killed by the noob using that weapon.

The guns in this game are extremely balanced. The ONLY real advantage the UMP has over the Vector is it's clip size. Anyone worth their salt will do just as well with any gun. If you don't, maybe you're not as good as you think.

My point? If you're calling anybody a noob for using ANY weapon in this game, YOU ARE THE NOOB. Get better or STFU.

Exactly
  • 39. Re: UMP45: Noob weapon or not?
    reef679
    its not just the ump, its the famas, m16, scar, acr, spas 12, and finally NOOB TUBE AND COMMANDO!