31 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2010 2:17 PM by thebiindsniper RSS

Last stand pro ability is kind of broken

thebiindsniper
For the unaware:  Last Stand Pro allows equipment to be used in last stand.

What's broken about it, is the simple fact that the player in last stand, can commit suicide via equipment.  This prevents the enemy from taking credit for the kill.  So if the score was 7400-7400, and you put an opponent in last stand.  Thinking you can.move in and shoot him, he.commits suicide, and the game ends in defeat by someone else dying.  That could've been a victory if any suicide in last stand, via equipment,  was taken as ASSISTED SUICIDE.

What do u think?
  • Re: Last stand pro ability is kind of broken
    Hardline Pro
    I think Last Stand in MW2 sucks. I liked the Second Chance concept it W@W.
    Jesse Lacey
    Yeah, people have been doing it since day one and it's clearly an issue. Has IW done anything about it? No. That's why I refuse to put more money into their garbage product and garbage support by buying their garbage map packs.
    MLC St3alth
    It seems like it would realy suck in gamebattles TDM if the entire other team was using it.
    Buderfingers
    what r u talking about, thats the best part about having last stand is that when you pistol whip someone that cant kill you fast enough and then take their kill from them to put a little salt in their wounds.
    Especially great when you have C4 and wait for someone to pass by.
    Kastro
    Lol, I like to stun myself while in Last Stand. Sure its cheap, and annoying. But 9/10 times someone shot me with an UMP anyway, so screw em, they don't deserve the kill anyway.
    C.Flat
    Ugh, my cousin uses that all the time. It pisses me off so much when I'm playing against him
    Texas_Spud_Stud
    Maybe if you shared your care package with them they would ask to be your friend and you could tell them not to use last stand...

Haha I'm just kidding. I agree, it is pretty gay when people do that, but I'd take a last stand user over a commando user any day.
    TB_Dark
    Why couldn't they do the pro as heal teamates in last stand and a time extension?
    Pout

Hardline Pro wrote:

I think Last Stand in MW2 sucks. I liked the Second Chance concept it W@W.

The ability to revive was the smartest improvement by Treyarch to this perk. Why didn't Infinity Ward follow along with their idea? Oh wait because they knew it was better.
    Second chance was ridiculous. Take a round from a sniper to the neck, fall on the ground, get revived with a syringe. Tell me how that is fair. Please.
    Zrukua (2)

Second chance was ridiculous. Take a round from a sniper to the neck, fall on the ground, get revived with a syringe. Tell me how that is fair. Please.

Once you tell me how dying a bunch of times makes you take triple the amount of bullets that you normally could.
    ravshingrickrude

The Baron wrote:

at least with second chance a teammate had to come over IF and only IF they also had second chance, and risk themselves being sniped. while with last stand pro... you snipe me, i hot the ground put two stuns at my side, you get no kill, and no chance at getting two-three kills like you had with second chance.
    wojo1337
    The root of the problem doesn't lie in last stand, but in the tool who actually uses last stand. You are basically throwing away your third perk. As prevalent as headsets are and as over powered as commando is I'm surprised anybody actually uses last stand.
    subfocus
    Istead of putting them into last stand, just share a care package with them!
    CourtRooom
    I'd prefer Ninja or SitRep over Last Stand.

I find the concept of Last Stand fine, but you are missing out on frankly better yellow perks.

subfocus wrote:

Istead of putting them into last stand, just share a care package with them!

Why cant people let that go?Who cares if the guy shares Care Packages :/
    Kastro

wojo1337 wrote:

The root of the problem doesn't lie in last stand, but in the tool who actually uses last stand. You are basically throwing away your third perk. As prevalent as headsets are and as over powered as commando is I'm surprised anybody actually uses last stand.

I actually play worse with Headsets... when I play, the back of my Surround Sound speakers don't even work, so I can't hear anything behind my character. I find when I put on a good pair of Headphones, I do alot worse. I've maintained a 2.8 KDR playing like that.
    xXishiftyiXx
    Last stand is for dicks.
    Agree.
    Rhinosaur
    I have zero sympathy for those complaining about Last Stand being broken. Sorry.

Even most OMA, Noob-tubing, MLC tac knifing noobs don't go so far as to use Last Stand.

by CourtRooom 23 Jul 2010 03:46

I find the concept of Last Stand fine, but you are missing out on frankly better yellow perks.

Theyr green dammit.
    Ldkiki

ginga-ninja wrote:

Theyr green dammit.

Lol, I need sleep, I was about to make a serious comment on that and perk colors. XD
    -
    -
    -
    I personally don't think Last stand (or second chance in past games I guess - MW2 is the 1st CoD game I've played the multiplayer for) should be a perk at all, but instead a game feature for everyone. Here's why:

Unless you shoot me in certain spot, a shot in my foot, arm, leg, or hand isn't going to kill me instantly like it does in-game. Hell, I'm sure a good number of people could survive a few shots to the gut for a little while before giving in. No, they probably wouldn't be able to operate at their normal abilities; enter the Last Stand 'feature'.

Shots to the chest/head will be more likely to put someone in an inoperable state, because of the more vital organs in the chest. (Lungs, heart, brain...for most people anyways...) So, shots to the head, neck, or chest should do the insta-kill like the game does now. Any 'kills' by shots to the limbs should really be the trigger to throw someone into Last Stand, and once they enter Last stand, then any death by friendly-fire or suicide by the victim should credit whoever put the guy into last stand.

In a game that's based off of reality, this just seems more realistic than the current Last Stand perk. As for Final Stand...I don't know, I don't like it, but I like it more than the other deathstreaks.
    CourtRooom

ginga-ninja wrote:

Theyr green dammit.

Actually, they're greeny-yellow.  But many people consider it as yellow - the only perk which I'd consider near green would be Ninja, but not completely green.

Also, the colour green (i.e. the true green) is far too wrong to be the colour in MW2 - saying that they are this colour, I'd expect them to check their eyes for partial colour blindness.
    PKoukoutsis
    @ Kastro

Sorry to hear you do worse with headsets.  But I get called a cheat a lot because people always ask me how I knew they were "there".  It's because most people don't use Ninja Pro and in my headsets I can hear them running, placing claymores or calling in UAV, Predators, and Air Strikes.  And since they are surround sound, I know which direction they are in.
    Greatlubu
    actually you cant do it in game battles which is lame really... because they have no issue with supermen jumping off of cliffs with commando Meh :/ the rule was something like " Repeated and delibrate Team Killing or suicide in a Kill based game mode is forbidden" Its roughly stated like that its lame >.> lol XD

CourtRooom wrote:

ginga-ninja wrote:

Theyr green dammit.

Actually, they're greeny-yellow.  But many people consider it as yellow - the only perk which I'd consider near green would be Ninja, but not completely green.

Also, the colour green (i.e. the true green) is far too wrong to be the colour in MW2 - saying that they are this colour, I'd expect them to check their eyes for partial colour blindness.

The argument for yellow perks is like the argument saying Blue perks are white. Although there is white in those perks it is ins't the prominent color. Green perks have been almost all green in CoD4 and WaW, in MW2 there is yellow but not as much yellow as green.
    Bduff123
    Assisted suicides aren't right. If the person kills themselves (no matter how much damage they take before hand) it is their fault and their fault alone for tossing that grenade at themselves or jumping from that height. If anything the person who dies should get some points for avoiding themselves being scored upon. Sure it'll still be a death with all that a death implies, but you should only get kill points (or more than kill points) for doing special things with your kills like a headshot, longshot, payback, etc.

Rhinosaur35 wrote:

I have zero sympathy for those complaining about Last Stand being broken. Sorry.

Even most OMA, Noob-tubing, MLC tac knifing noobs don't go so far as to use Last Stand.

He's annoyed with the fact that if you or him, someone NOT using last stand, put someone else that had Last Stand Pro into last stand, it's unfair that he can Semtex or C4 his own ass without giving you the kill you deserve.
    He's not supporting Last Stand, he's saying it's unfair since it stops anyone else from getting kills, when they clearly should.

Not sure if that made much sense. O_o
    Greatlubu
    I agree with bduff if you kill your self Via Fall while getting shot at or whatever Kudos to you for having good map awareness they shouldnt get a kill they didnt finish the job
    Pout

IrishxInsanity wrote:

Rhinosaur35 wrote:

He's annoyed with the fact that if you or him, someone NOT using last stand, put someone else that had Last Stand Pro into last stand, it's unfair that he can Semtex or C4 his own ass without giving you the kill you deserve.
    He's not supporting Last Stand, he's saying it's unfair since it stops anyone else from getting kills, when they clearly should.

Not sure if that made much sense. O_o

It makes perfect sense pelvic thrusting rainbow dragon. ;)

I mean seriously, it's cheap. It should be regarded as assisted suicide or something.
    thebiindsniper

Bduff123 wrote:

Assisted suicides aren't right. If the person kills themselves (no matter how much damage they take before hand) it is their fault and their fault alone for tossing that grenade at themselves or jumping from that height. If anything the person who dies should get some points for avoiding themselves being scored upon. Sure it'll still be a death with all that a death implies, but you should only get kill points (or more than kill points) for doing special things with your kills like a headshot, longshot, payback, etc.

Here's my personal rulings on Last Stand (Pro):

1.  If an enemy puts another player in last stand, ANY additional damage the last stand player receives, will count as a kill for the enemy (or to another enemy that intervenes and steals the original enemy's kill).  Any damage from suicide and team killing will be rewarded as Assisted Suicide to the original enemy's score.

2.  If a player puts themself in last stand, suicides will be normal, and team killing will be counted as a team kill. 

3.  If a player receives damage from an enemy, and later accidentally puts themself in last stand via falling, as long as that player is still injured, it will count towards the enemy's kill.  If the player receives damage from an enemy, fully recovers, then accidentally goes into last stand by their own hand, #2 will apply.