28 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2010 4:10 AM by Easy-A RSS

Flashy Snipers, Quick Scoping and No Scoping: Thoughts?

TheMightyBix
I just wanted to post this to know your thoughts on Quick scopes and no scopes, I quite like to qs and nosc Even though if it ***** up my K/D its fun
  • Re: Flashy Snipers, Quick Scoping and No Scoping: Thoughts?
    xXishiftyiXx
    everyone here hates quickscopers except like 2 of us lol.,. theyre gunna call u a *** and make u want to cry.
    JDizzleNO1
    its dumb but hey who am i to tell anyone how to play? btw...just dont b*tch that you get picked off by a "normal" sniper.
    Relentlos
    the "quick scoping" as it has become in MW2 is like no scoping was in COD4. It's just slightly more accurate because the scopes actually comes up for the fraction of a second when they Tap L1, then R1.

It has the exact same kids claiming it's skill, making hundreds of montages, some people with the host connection good enough to get lots of hits and win, while others end up doing horribly. At least some use the .50 cal too, COD4 was always  ACOG'd M40 with Red Tiger that they likely boosted for.

Really, how can you claim it's skill when most of them just face someone, tap, tap, and move on? You have absolutely no control over it, you're just blindly firing, hoping it's on, and if it's not, that aim assist and your hit detection give you a kill anyway, and it happens. I didn't see too many of them, and when I did, didn't die a whole lot by them, but that's because FFA is mostly boosters, not quick scopers. Even I had someone instantly drop me by shooting beside me once. Throw those lucky kills together and you can make a montage.

Whatever, I don't even play the game now, and even if I did, I wouldn't care too much. With things like commando in it, it's already a broken game, so if that's how they want to have fun, let them. I just wish they'd stop whining if someone holds the scope up for 2 or 3 whole seconds.
    xXishiftyiXx
    Its not just randomly firing hoping you hit, its simple science, put the enemy in the middle of your hip fire markers and scope up if there directly in the middle and you scoped up for the right time you will hit, or you will get lucky fluke scoping (the mw2 quick scope). Simple as that, now it becomes a bit more tricky when your targets moving but its not to hard to apply the same science.  I do argue it takes a bit of skill if it didnt you wouldnt see so many people fail at it. its 1 bullet one chance (hit marker or miss and your dead.)  its really nothing to complain about for that reason.
    PPais666
    I have nothing against quick scope, the only thing i dont like is when i blast a quick scoper whit a shotgun and they send hate mail saying i have no skill, sniper arent meant for close range combat, when u quick scope someone u get a "ah, ah,ah, i owned you" fealing but if u miss and the other player fires back u just end up looking stupid...
    I have seen too many S&D matches lost that way LOL
    Its_Ackbar
    Quick-scoping for fun? Go ahead. You have fun by challenging yourself, and I have fun by not dying from UMP's, SCAR's, M203's, and ACR's all of the time. Everyone wins.

Quick-scoping to look like a gaming god? You should go die now because of how ignorant you look by trying to make something somewhat reliant on aim-assist (unless you play on PC) look like 100% skill when all it is, is jacking up the sensitivity to make aim-assist more noticeable (don't deny it, there is proof out there of this), then pulling up the scope and shooting when in scope. By trying to get a good SnD game-winning kill for your montage, you sometimes (or usually) screw up the game for those who want to win a game and who would rather not become a puppet of a montage by dying and making the montage clip a clutch. Plus, the clips are getting old, since there are easily, and somewhat realistically OVER 9000 clips that involve quick-scoping. If you want to quick-scope, play Private Matches with friends (where it really is fun), or go into a FFA, so you don't hurt any teammates who are trying to win a game. Get your footage there, and not screw it all up for those who want to take games seriously in team games.

Now, if you are in a group of people in SnD together and can convince all of your teammates to quick-scope for fun, that's okay too. Once again, you win for playing for fun, and the other team wins because they're not getting noobtubed or killed by UMP's, SCARs, or ACR's.

My 2 cents on Quick-scoping.
    Easy-A
    Indeed people that doesn't know how to snipe should go to private lobbies and train themselves up until they go online. But when you're a good quickscoper, you actually become pretty powerful. I know, you don't have a chance if it's an UMP against you, but you may kill him if you hit the first shot! Sniping is skill if you bring the scope up and aim on the enemy while you shoot. How can you say that's not luck? How can I have unlocked Perfectionist (fire an entire Sniper Clip onto your enemies without missing) by quickscoping? According to you I must have been a hacker or really lucky? Like c'mon, seriously, get over it, some people are just more skilled than you. I'd say my quickscope accuracy is 50%, no ****. Add me and see.
    xXishiftyiXx
    I got perfectionist every time thru the 10th prestige by quick scoping, one time I did it with no scopes I admit the no scope thing was luck but the quickscoping I mean if you know how to do it do it.  Just dont get cocky cuz 90% of quickscopers have the attitude that they know everything and are better then everyone else. I just happen to be the 10% who has fun doing it and fun challenging myself. I see no problem with doing what you think is fun.
    Its_Ackbar

xXishiftyiXx wrote:

Just dont get *** cuz 90% of quickscopers have the attitude that they know everything and are better then everyone else. I just happen to be the 10% who has fun doing it and fun challenging myself. I see no problem with doing what you think is fun.

This.
    xXishiftyiXx
    Also if your in s&d and you miss your shot your pistols come out so fast it wont matter, so take your flashy shot and directly hit triangle or y and boom there out and bam bam +500 there is no problem with using secondarys infact you get cool titles for it lol.. Or if your not confident in your skill to clutch with a sniper or just dont feel like taking the chance your fallen team mates weapons come in handy.

Trust me Ive played with some quickscopers that win every game and are very cool people.  I have also played with the type that believe every shot must be some flashy trick shot.  Im not afriad to mix it up between hardscopes and quickscopes.  Take what shot is the smartest. Dont be all omg that wasnt a quickscope your garbage, then get a lucky fluke shot on me next round and be like oooh owned u *** u wanna 1vs1 so we 1vs1 and I win and you say I was cheating lol, get smacked brat.
    MPA18
    Some people call quick-scoping, sniping and sniping isn't that sniping is stay fair away and try kill guys using a sniper rifle scope normaly not be close and flash scope for 0.5 seconds and one shoot kill everybody because usualy that makes other players don't have any fun and don't only other team players but also quick scopers team cause their team players sometimes see a guy start shooting and then hapears a quick scoper that one shoot kill him and that sucks.
    Stickeye
    I have 2 opinions for quickscopers, depending on whose team they are on.

If they are on my team i hate them, you guys can rot in hell because you never get anything done and the whole idea is so cliche it's not even cool anymore.

If you are on the opposite theam, WELCOME, I LOVE YOU! free kills, you might get me with luck/aim assist a few times but most of the times i'm mowing you down with CG anyway.
    Texas_Spud_Stud
    I usually just quickscope in private lobbies now, I got sick of dieing by laser rifles from across the map haha. I stick with my P90 and TAR now
    lVlonster_SD
    I say if they wanna do it let them try. If they deserve the kills they will get them.
    xXishiftyiXx
    Hey stickeye. just got a game of s&d 18 and 2 quickscoping so you dont want me on the other team.
    traxxas58

TheMightyBix wrote:

I just wanted to post this to know your thoughts on Quick scopes and no scopes, I quite like to qs and nosc Even though if it *** up my K/D its fun

i can do it fairly well but i hate getting killed by these fu****** with their SoH Pro and their stupid lucky ass shots. i cant stand it wen some lucky **** noscopes me across the map for his fu***** montage on youtube. HATE IT
    funbobby17
    Here's my story. I started playing the first COD on PC, then COD2, then COD Finest Hour on PS2, then COD3 on 360, then COD4 on PS3 and then World at War on PS3. It was at this point that I started to get very very bored with running around and shooting people with assault rifles and SMGs. So I found zombies - and it rocked. Then when MW2 came out - again I was very bored of the whole machine gunning approach so I tried Spec Ops - and it sucked. Then I started seeing a lot of people quickscoping, tried it myself and really freakin sucked at it. It infuriated me that I'd been playing COD for so long and couldn't quickscope. So I started practicing..... A LOT. I've now been quickscoping for 8 full prestiges and I'm pretty good at it now.

So there's my reason for quickscoping. 17 years of playing FPS games + 7 years of playing COD games = boredom, therefore you look for a game-within-a-game.
    Kaizell87
    I wonder if the people who are hating on QS because they can't work it, if you work good at it you wouldn't be complaining right! right!...
    I don't like it because it's completely unrealistic. Have you seen the size of those rifles?
    xXishiftyiXx
    Is the commando perk realistic? Or the fact that your on the ground operating an apache?  Its a video game, they put things like that in there to make it more entertaining.  I hate how people are oh thats unrealistic its a game bro.  If it was realistic,when you died you wouldnt respawn, youd have to rot becomeone with the earth and be born again wait 14 years till you can hold a controller and so on, it wouldnt be fun.  Honestly if a kid wants to quickscope and he thinks its fun, cool.  If a kid likes to run with a shotgun more power to him.  Theres allot of b.s. in this game, quickscoping is nothing to complain about.  Its nothing new and trust me as long as there is call of duty there will be people doing it.  Hell people do it on counter strike as well.

xXishiftyiXx wrote:

Is the commando perk realistic? Or the fact that your on the ground operating an apache?  Its a video game, they put things like that in there to make it more entertaining.  I hate how people are oh thats unrealistic its a game bro.  If it was realistic,when you died you wouldnt respawn, youd have to rot becomeone with the earth and be born again wait 14 years till you can hold a controller and so on, it wouldnt be fun.  Honestly if a kid wants to quickscope and he thinks its fun, cool.  If a kid likes to run with a shotgun more power to him.  Theres allot of b.s. in this game, quickscoping is nothing to complain about.  Its nothing new and trust me as long as there is call of duty there will be people doing it.  Hell people do it on counter strike as well.

True...

I guess, for me, I can forgive some things... but there's a bit of a double standard in this case. IW were careful to factor in hip fire versus aiming, also the weight of a weapon and the way it affects how fast you move... yet somehow you can be in full sprint and buck off a few shots from a rifle that's four and a half feet long and weighs over 30 pounds.
    xXishiftyiXx
    any good quick scoper knows not to rush with it, further more not to move while shooting. So even if they did make it heavier it wouldnt matter.
    OneLove-JaLe
    I don't mind QS.

The only thing I mind about them is that like 90% of them got an attitude. I am a hard scoper, I just love to snipe that way. And whenever I shoot a QS from across the map while hardscoping, chances are, they are gonna get pissed.
    But so do the commando guys, or the cold-blooded ump guys.
    VxR1FLEMANxV
    it's unfortunant, i rarely use my sniper.  the game play is to fast for snipers, on most maps.  i like to win, and usually i need to switch to a scar to even the playing field in most games.  again, i would like to see maps that snipers can make big plays, and not as much maps like karachi!  just admit it, you hate sniper don't you!?  example of snipable maps are: wasteland, fuel, carnival (barely), afghan, and overgrown.
    Exyteh
    The way I see things on the whole 'quickscoping' thing; Quickscoping is pretty much the same as hardscoping. The only difference is that you don't use your 'breathing' option to get a more accurate aim. You just line your sights into the player and fire quickly. The difference isn't big, although I do hate people who only run around quickscoping to get good shots for their video, carelessly running around killing people without giving a **** about the games objective. That pisses me off.
    xXishiftyiXx
    Ya, and if you use the sniper the way its supposed to be used theyll get pissed at you for that too.  They will come immediatly for you for revenge so you got 3 kills one death now, where as if you can make yourself mobile and be good at both of these techniques you can get chopper gunners and decimate the whole enemy team, like i do? So whys that a bad thing? Why is it bad to be balanced, here think of this.  You use an assault rifle, you fire at the hip "oh gawd thats not realistic you wouldnt see people running around in war firing like that thats not how a assault rifle is used in real life."  Nope.  But I dont ***** when someone fires from the hip, so its essentially the same thing right?  Your not using your gun realisticly why should I have to,.. Its a game people. I know its frustrating to get killed but hey, it happens and that that.
    Easy-A

xXishiftyiXx wrote:

Ya, and if you use the sniper the way its supposed to be used theyll get pissed at you for that too.  They will come immediatly for you for revenge so you got 3 kills one death now, where as if you can make yourself mobile and be good at both of these techniques you can get chopper gunners and decimate the whole enemy team, like i do? So whys that a bad thing? Why is it bad to be balanced, here think of this.  You use an assault rifle, you fire at the hip "oh gawd thats not realistic you wouldnt see people running around in war firing like that thats not how a assault rifle is used in real life."  Nope.  But I dont *** when someone fires from the hip, so its essentially the same thing right?  Your not using your gun realisticly why should I have to,.. Its a game people. I know its frustrating to get killed but hey, it happens and that that.

Indeed!

Here's a perfect example of how a sniper plays, and yes, this is a video made by me: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf05C4IUP1E">http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=rf05C4IUP1E</a><!-- m -->