24 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2010 8:55 AM by oxXHotShotXxo RSS

Wall Hacks?

Just wondering if its possible because I was playing a match on favela earlier today ,and I got blasted by a shotgun soon as i turned the corner. I just so happened to watch the kill cam and found out that his sights followed me up the stairs and through the wall where he was sitting right behind the wall waiting for me to walk right into his spray
  • Re: Wall Hacks?
    John Denholm
    3 possible causes, in order of most likelyness.

1, Surround sound/headset.
    2, They saw your gun sticking through the wall (game mechanics glitch).
    3, Hacking or cheating.
    Chimeran merc
    thats happened to me except it was a throwing knife in my face
    something06
    one thing it could be wall hack or he had the turtle beaches that people love hearing people loud steps which i kind even understand how they even know where you can be.
    I will go into more detail, I was running ninja pro and I was walking and he was a good 15 feet back from the wall ( If your looking at the map from where the trench is at the back go right, to the builing where the stairs are at the front) I walk up the stairs into next room turn left and there he was waiting, in the killcam his sights followed me the whole time
    Chimeran merc
    what are turtles i keep hearing about them are the a kind of headset or something like that?
    yeah there called Turtle beaches, there a right good headset haha
    NiceTryxD
    i use turtle beaches and i have no problem hearing ninja pro users if they are close enough. sometimes, admittedly, its hard to distinguish if its a ninja pro user very close, or if its a commando user far away, but i check my back anyway.
    usually its a ninja pro user. lol
    xXishiftyiXx
    Speaking of hacks theres a dude on craigslist advertising 10th lobbys, jtagging xboxs, and unbanning xboxs.  Is there someone I can call you ruin his little fun?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://limaohio.craigslist.org/vgm/1888268570.html">http://limaohio.craig slist.org/vgm/1888268570.html</a><!-- m -->
    Steve_A
    I don't know about the wall-hack thing...but a few weeks ago I got into a lobby where this guy was throwing down unlimited claymores...then got this Chopper Gunner hack where he was shooting through the bridge overpasses and hitting everyone without even aiming. I was spawn killed like seven times...even in buildings, in like 15 seconds. Couldn't I think he got like 30 kills with on CG.

I had no clue what I was up against...wasn't even sure if it was cheating. It would have been nice to tell more people about it, spread the word with what cheating we are up against...but the mods on here locked, deleted and then (after some protest) sort of merged the thread with something else. End result, we didn't get to share much info because of the mods...and the cheaters were protected yet again.
    Loyal X Patriot

Steve_A wrote:

I don't know about the wall-hack thing...but a few weeks ago I got into a lobby where this guy was throwing down unlimited claymores...then got this Chopper Gunner hack where he was shooting through the bridge overpasses and hitting everyone without even aiming. I was spawn killed like seven times...even in buildings, in like 15 seconds. Couldn't I think he got like 30 kills with on CG.

I had no clue what I was up against...wasn't even sure if it was cheating. It would have been nice to tell more people about it, spread the word with what cheating we are up against...but the mods on here locked, deleted and then (after some protest) sort of merged the thread with something else. End result, we didn't get to share much info because of the mods...and the cheaters were protected yet again.

That was the first game I got placed into yesterday. Good way to start the day, right? One hit kill stopping power, every care package was a choppergunner or EMP, Chopper Gunners Rounds basically covered the whole map, even underground, and the nuke timer after he called it in was like 15 minutes. I dashboarded. I should have turned on my PVR.
    FistofBuddha

Loyal X Patriot wrote:

Steve_A wrote:

That was the first game I got placed into yesterday. Good way to start the day, right? One hit kill stopping power, every care package was a choppergunner or EMP, Chopper Gunners Rounds basically covered the whole map, even underground, and the nuke timer after he called it in was like 15 minutes. I dashboarded. I should have turned on my PVR.

Been in way more than one of these...
    sweatyclam

deAdlySniPer22 wrote:

Just wondering if its possible because I was playing a match on favela earlier today ,and I got blasted by a shotgun soon as i turned the corner. I just so happened to watch the kill cam and found out that his sights followed me up the stairs and through the wall where he was sitting right behind the wall waiting for me to walk right into his spray

It is possible he just got lucky, however wall hacks are possible although it can be difficult to tell if that is the only mod they are using - usually they have loads of other mods as well.
    I was in a game once where 3 people where just standing face against a wall and when someone ran past they would shoot them through the wall.
    I have seen a lot less recently in TDM, and modded gamertags are bit of a rarity now as well, have (dare I say it) Microsoft have got their ass in gear and have been rounding these people up?
    oxXHotShotXxo
    Either Turle Beach X41 or wall hack...

I have the Turtle Beach headset and am able to hear Ninja Pro users but it is still difficult to know where they are at that point....  and if he was following u with his sight all the time u where comming I guess it's a wall hack....
    sweatyclam

oxXHotShotXxo wrote:

I have the Turtle Beach headset and am able to hear Ninja Pro users but it is still difficult to know where they are at that point....  and if he was following u with his sight all the time u where comming I guess it's a wall hack....

Either you have them turned all the way up or mine are broken, I can't hear ninja pro users untill they are stabbing me in the back.
    Loyal X Patriot

sweatyclam wrote:

oxXHotShotXxo wrote:

Either you have them turned all the way up or mine are broken, I can't hear ninja pro users untill they are stabbing me in the back.

I actually don't have Turtle Beaches and I can hear Ninja Pro users. They have to be pretty close but I can hear them. I have a pretty nice surround sound set-up in my "Man Cave" basement. I have a 65" HDTV with 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound. Because it is in my basement, I can crank it up during gameplay. My wife doesn't mind because she has her own "Woman Nook" accross the basement where she reads.

Works out pretty good. LOL
    oxXHotShotXxo
    If I crank up my Turtle Beach I would be deaf allready lol....

I always played a 5.1 surround set and still do but then I will not here them (it's hard to hear them with the headset, but possible)

The thing I noticed is that u can hear your own footsteps when using Ninja Pro with the headset, wich really makes me paranoid haha....it's really silent but I tested it several times and every time I moved I heard my own footsteps...
    Obdigore
    It can be done with sound (just normal TV sound), and I have followed people through walls with the aim-assist.

I was looking at the mini-map and my sigh started tracking to the left and then a guy came around a corner about halfway down the map. It was more than just slightly stupid.
    Road Wulf
    I've been sitting around corners hidden in what are usually boosting spots on Highrise, no one saw me go in there, no one knew I was there.  CB/Ninja class, so I didnt show up on any UAV or HBS.  Guy runs in the room, stops, looks the direction of the wall I'm behind.  Runs around the corner and knifes me.

Another example:

A friend and I are playing on Carnival.  I'm running through the World of Tommorow, there is a guy up in the rocket, I know he's there.  He's looking down in toward the area, not out the hole up top.  On his cam he is looking straight at the black wall of the rocket, traces me the entire length I run.  Snipe, head shot.

My friend goes to get revenge as he is in the same area, same thing.  Traces him through the black wall, snipe, headshot.

The one place I run into it the most is Team Tac. Though it does show up other places.

Believe me, the Wall Hack is out there.
    xXxMK UltraxXx
    I have TB X31s and they are almost as good as a wallhack..............it get's really annoying when halaf your team doesn't run ninja pro. They sound like a herd of cattle around you and it makes you paranoid. I would suspect a wall hack OP if his sights followed you. I find a suspected modder in almost every game now. Thanks IW for making such weak code that even 10 year olds can hack it.
    reallyrandom13
    i've come across guys doing similar things like that, once a guy was just sitting in a closet staring into the wall but he was headshoting people right and left through the wall when he couldn't seen ANYTHING at all in kill cam.

i have one of the infamous Turtle Beaches headsets and they are useful, but you can't track people through walls like that.

so i had to be a wall hack or something of the sort
    just report him and be done with it

i can't wait till Black Ops comes out, the new trailer for it makes the multiplayer look awesome and there's a recording system in it like Halo 3 so you can record and post stuff these glitchers are doing
    Captain Rufas
    I use sit-rep and a quality surround sound system always.  While you can hear the enemy and tell the general direction they are coming from, it's not so amazing that you can just track enemy movements through walls like that, especially if they are moving slow or ninja'd.  I would assume the guy was hacking...

The terrain has a big impact on your ability to hear though.  If the sound noticeably shifts as the enemy closes in, often you can figure out exactly where they are at.  There are about 8-9 different footstep sounds in the game, depending on what surface you are on. 

I made a few kills yesterday that I imagine would seem suspicious.  No cheating, just listening and paying attention to enemy movements.
    sweatyclam

reallyrandom13 wrote:

i have one of the infamous Turtle Beaches headsets and they are useful, but you can't track people through walls like that.

But you can hear them reload, call a killstreak etc.
    I have seen wall hacks and some people make it so obvious they are using it - so report them.
    But sometimes it can be a whole load of other things including the aim assist.
    Rhinosaur
    Usually, if it is simple sound whoring, the player won't follow you with his gun sights along the wall...he will just fix his gun on the doorway you are about to enter.

Wall hackers who are too dumb to hide what they're doing will follow players who shouldn't be able to be seen, and many of them won't wait...they'll just shoot through the wall.

I have the TB x41s, and I might be able to hear Ninja Pro players if I have them turned all the way up, but you're damaging your ears by doing that. When the game volume is at a reasonable level, you cannot hear Ninja Pro players until they are practically right next to you.
    oxXHotShotXxo
    I don't get why people using these wall hack make it so obvious they are using them.

I mean sitting in a corner facing the wall and shooting people = obvious hacks

I guess they see a red box around the onther players and can follow that around the map, but still.. I wouldn't make it that obvious if I was using said hacks... but then again most people using these are 10 year olds with no brains haha