WatchIMightdoaTrickorTwo
*Go to Call of Duty 4 source code*
*Change title to Modern Warfare 3*
*Repackage game*
*Profits?!?!*

No really, I mean here is some things that will make MW3 a success

New maps
More weapons
Add Flak Jacket (COD4 did not have this)
Keep or remove Jugg and SP (dont only have one, if you dont include the other one, just remove both of them)
Remove the 3 grenade perk and change it to 2x
Have the classic 3-5-7 setup but let us customize it
So for 3 killstreak you can pick a UAV,Counter UAV
For a 5 killstreak you can choose a Sentry gun or Airstrike 
For 7 killstreak you can choose a Helicopter, or a Carpet Bomb

I was thinking of doing more killstreaks like any number between 3-7

Like this, you can only choose 3, but the highest killstreak is 7, lowest is 3.

3-UAV or Counter UAV
4-Sam Turrent
5- Airstrike or Sentry gun
6- 125mm howitzers
7-Helicopter, or a Carpet Bomb

Now lets continue.

No HARDLINE
No heart beat sensor
No unlimited sprint (since maps should be fast paced like COD4)
Have in-game host migration
Have a detailed stats chart like BO

Any more that I missed?
  • Re: Easy way to make MW3 a success!
    I like your ideas  (Except Black Bird at 6 kills, this simply is not enough for such a powerful tool.) but COD4 does not need remastered.

The game is less than 5 years old and still has a tonne of people playing.  I see you on PC as well so we get countless amount of mods and we have over 10K dedicated servers to choose from.

Although this is little comfort the console players.  The core gameplay on console is still excellent and there are still people playing.
    TheDustbinMan
    I would rather they manage to balance the amount of weapons they are putting in now than adding more. No point adding more redundant never used weapons.
    CODfanboy2k9
    problem with the SR-71 Blackbird, its no longer in service, so it couldn't possibly be a killstreak, also there are no mortar teams either, all done by 125mm howitzers these days.

thebigb82 wrote:

problem with the SR-71 Blackbird, its no longer in service, so it couldn't possibly be a killstreak, also there are no mortar teams either, all done by 125mm howitzers these days.

yes, well let's look at the WA2000. fairly sure that's never been used in combat.

as for the mortar team/howitzers, nobody could tell the difference, really. their different projectiles is the only thing that would be a noticeable difference in game.

WatchIMightdoaTrickorTwo wrote:

*Go to Call of Duty 4 source code*
    *Change title to Modern Warfare 3*
    *Repackage game*
    *Profits?!?!*

No really, I mean here is some things that will make MW3 a success

New maps
    More weapons
    Add Flak Jacket (COD4 did not have this)
    Keep or remove Jugg and SP (dont only have one, if you dont include the other one, just remove both of them)
    Remove the 3 grenade perk and change it to 2x
    Have the classic 3-5-7 setup but let us customize it
    So for 3 killstreak you can pick a UAV,Counter UAV
    For a 5 killstreak you can choose a Sentry gun or Airstrike 
    For 7 killstreak you can choose a Helicopter, or a Carpet Bomb

I was thinking of doing more killstreaks like any number between 3-7

Like this, you can only choose 3, but the highest killstreak is 7, lowest is 3.

3-UAV or Counter UAV
    4-Sam Turrent
    5- Airstrike or Sentry gun
    6-Black Bird or moter team
    7-Helicopter, or a Carpet Bomb

Now lets continue.

No HARDLINE
    No heart beat sensor
    No unlimited sprint (since maps should be fast paced like COD4)
    Have in-game host migration
    Have a detailed stats chart like BO

Any more that I missed?

Something that would be cool would be if each faction in MW3 had their own killstreak rewards tree. That would be revolutionary.

For instance, say that the factions in MW3 would be SAS, Army Rangers, Shadow Company vs. Spetsnaz, OpFor, Guerillas (remnants of TF141).

This would be the layout:

SAS-3:UAV 6:Attack Helicopter 9:Pave Low 10:Chopper Gunner
    Army Rangers-4:Care Package 5:Sentry Gun 8:Emergency Airdrop 9:Stealth Bomber
    Shadow Company-4:Counter-UAV 5:Predator Missile 6:Harrier Strike 7:Spy Satellite

Spetsnaz-3:UAV 5:Sentry Gun 7:Spy Satellite 10:EMP
    OpFor-4:Care Package 6:Harrier Strike 7:Attack Helicopter 10:Attack Dogs
    Guerillas-4:Counter-UAV 5:Fighter Jets 9:Pave Low 10:Chopper Gunner

Also, each map should have, instead on one specific faction fighting another faction, there would be two possible factions on each side, one is chosen randomly per side. For example, in future map "Desert", either Army Rangers or Shadow Company would fight either OpFor or Guerillas.

One more thing, killstreaks should reset when you've gotten a certain # of kills without dying (ie. if you've gotton 15 kills, your "killstreak #" would drop back to 0, so you can get those killstreaks again).

Finally, if you really want to balance the game, just take out the pro perks.
    WatchIMightdoaTrickorTwo

Cryo70 wrote:

Something that would be cool would be if each faction in MW3 had their own killstreak rewards tree. That would be revolutionary.

For instance, say that the factions in MW3 would be SAS, Army Rangers, Shadow Company vs. Spetsnaz, OpFor, Guerillas (remnants of TF141).

Shadow Company-4:Counter-UAV 5:Predator Missile 6:Harrier Strike 7:Spy Satellite

Also, each map should have, instead on one specific faction fighting another faction, there would be two possible factions on each side, one is chosen randomly per side. For example, in future map "Desert", either Army Rangers or Shadow Company would fight either OpFor or Guerillas.

One more thing, killstreaks should reset when you've gotten a certain # of kills without dying (ie. if you've gotton 15 kills, your "killstreak #" would drop back to 0, so you can get those killstreaks again).

Actually,speaking of each fraction having there own killstreaks, Call of Duty World at War did this but its scrapped. Like the jappenease for the 4th killstreak would had a Kamakazi

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcuyes6D0ZA">http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=Qcuyes6D0ZA</a><!-- m -->

So I would love for this feature to return!

And the 2 fractions randomally being picked, I would love that, and the killstreaks resetting after so many kills would be a great feature but I dont know if that would encourage campers after a high kill streak.

WatchIMightdoaTrickorTwo wrote:

Cryo70 wrote:

Actually,speaking of each fraction having there own killstreaks, Call of Duty World at War did this but its scrapped. Like the jappenease for the 4th killstreak would had a Kamakazi

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcuyes6D0ZA">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcuyes6D0ZA</a><!-- m -->

So I would love for this feature to return!

And the 2 fractions randomally being picked, I would love that, and the killstreaks resetting after so many kills would be a great feature but I dont know if that would encourage campers after a high kill streak.

Yeah, I heard about that: [url:2n7sdrn4]http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Fourth_Killstreak[/url:2n7sdrn4]

Red Army had a rocket launcher, Wehrmacht had a carpet bomber, Marine Raiders had a heavy gunship, and Imperial Army had kamikaze.

That was exactly where I got that inspiration from.
    Beermonger7
    The best way to improve MW3 would be to give the disc a wood finish so it matches my coffee table, this MW2 disc looks out of place.
    CODfanboy2k9

DigitalViper wrote:

thebigb82 wrote:

yes, well let's look at the WA2000. fairly sure that's never been used in combat.

as for the mortar team/howitzers, nobody could tell the difference, really. their different projectiles is the only thing that would be a noticeable difference in game.

True, the WA2000 never enter service, but it was retired in 1998, it would be far fetched for it to be reused in 2015. Especially as UAV's do the job better.
    CODfanboy2k9

Beermonger7 wrote:

The best way to improve MW3 would be to give the disc a wood finish so it matches my coffee table, this MW2 disc looks out of place.

I'm sure in a year time it will be replaced by Black Ops and you will be playing COD 8
    Akurei0585
    Keep the performance efficiency of the Weapons from MW2
    Take out commando lunges
    Get rid of One Man Army
    More keeps on the anti-hack software in the game
    Improved Host-Migration and matchmaking
    Smarter re-spawn system. Let the re-spawn system take the battle and surrounding enemies into consideration.
    Keep Tactical Insertion out of FFA
    Don't allow for any launcher to be able to be spammed with scavenger.
    Allow a more complex weapon customization process to really let people decide how powerful they want the weapons to be, such as being able to change barrel length/type, magazine size, ammunition selection, Stock type/model, and weapon sights.
    Allow for the kill-streaks be customizable for per custom class, because some of us have certain kill-streaks when we run-n-gun, and some of us have certain kill-streaks for more tactical movement.
    Allow for all explosives be refilled with scavenger again.
    Put both the throwing knife and tomahawk in the game, as well as add new assassination style melee kills for both weapons.
    Bring back the clear and loud sound effects from MW2
    Bring the crossbow and ballistics knife back
    Get rid of danger close
    Get rid of flak jacket
    Keep juggernaut out of the game
    Keep the game protection and security of Black Ops by being able to report cheaters with ease.
    Don't allow for kill-streaks be stacked. Let the kill-streaks be accumulated by the player actually killing enemies themselves and by using equipment.
    Let the kill-streak rewards stop at 15 kills.

I'm not sure how I would set up the perks but I love how they are set in MW2 and Black Ops, minus the perk challenges and purchases of Black Ops.
    TheDustbinMan

BryanFury85 wrote:

Take out commando lunges
    Get rid of One Man Army
    Smarter re-spawn system. Let the re-spawn system take the battle and surrounding enemies into consideration.
    Allow a more complex weapon customization process to really let people decide how powerful they want the weapons to be, such as being able to change barrel length/type, magazine size, ammunition selection, Stock type/model, and weapon sights.
    Allow for the kill-streaks be customizable for per custom class, because some of us have certain kill-streaks when we run-n-gun, and some of us have certain kill-streaks for more tactical movement.
    Put both the throwing knife and tomahawk in the game, as well as add new assassination style melee kills for both weapons.
    Get rid of danger close
    Get rid of flak jacket
    Keep the game protection and security of Black Ops by being able to report cheaters with ease.
    Don't allow for kill-streaks be stacked. Let the kill-streaks be accumulated by the player actually killing enemies themselves and by using equipment.

I'm not sure how I would set up the perks but I love how they are set in MW2 and Black Ops, minus the perk challenges and purchases of Black Ops.

No thanks.

BryanFury85 wrote:

Take out commando lunges
    Get rid of One Man Army
    Get rid of danger close
    Get rid of flak jacket

Don't allow any launcher to be spammed with Scavenger as one suggestion and then another suggestion being allow for scavenger to refill all explosives? O.o

Kind of a contradiction don't you think?
    xSuFFiCaTed
    New maps?
    Wow!!! Good idea man!!!
    xSuFFiCaTed

Myth700 wrote:

I like your ideas  (Except Black Bird at 6 kills, this simply is not enough for such a powerful tool.) but COD4 does not need remastered.

The game is less than 5 years old and still has a tonne of people playing.  I see you on PC as well so we get countless amount of mods and we have over 10K dedicated servers to choose from.

Although this is little comfort the console players.  The core gameplay on console is still excellent and there are still people playing.

I looked in OP, and didnt see black-bird anywhere. So im guessing your suggesting it.
    The US military does not use Black birds anymore. So putting it in MW3 wouldnt be so right. Unless its in the story, like they need a surveillance plane...and they take a tarp off an old SR-73. idk

NavalAviator wrote:

Myth700 wrote:

I looked in OP, and didnt see black-bird anywhere. So im guessing your suggesting it.
    The US military does not use Black birds anymore. So putting it in MW3 wouldnt be so right. Unless its in the story, like they need a surveillance plane...and they take a tarp off an old SR-73. idk

The original post has been edited since I commented.
    CBR600Rider
    The Blackbird is overpowered since there is no counter. Players like idxm (Youtube him) on the PC can very easily keep them up an entire match.
    Counter UAV at 4 kills counters it
    Akurei0585
    Not really, grenades, claymores and C4's are explosives. Launchers are just that, launchers.
    Better idea:

Take Black Ops's perk structure, emblem editor, some weapons, maps, and some of their kill streaks. Throw away all the rest. Mix in a healthy bit of MW2 such as the graphics,some more weapons, and the network connections. Shake until finished. Serve.

It's my opinion that the only thing that can save the CoD franchise is to move away from having so many developers with their d*cks in the jar. Which isn't likely seeing as how Activision is on a mission to have as many IPs based off of CoD releasing consecutively.
    CBR600Rider
    I honestly don't want to see novelty features like customisable gun reticles in the next CoD. It's n00b trash that would only impress a 12 year old.

The Counter Spy Plane itself can be shot down, however, and how many people use that as a killstreak?

I think the Blackbird was a nice idea on paper, but it fails in practice.

CBR600Rider wrote:

I honestly don't want to see novelty features like customisable gun reticles in the next CoD. It's n00b trash that would only impress a 12 year old.

The Counter Spy Plane itself can be shot down, however, and how many people use that as a killstreak?

I think the Blackbird was a nice idea on paper, but it fails in practice.

*raises hand enthusiastically*

Counter Spy Plane/Blackbird are so useful, I'm surprised why so little people use them. So many people depend on their radar for navigation/enemy detection that when that tool is taken away by your enemy, it can be enough to throw even an organized team into chaos. Counter Spy Plane is also way more convenient than it's counterpart, you don't have to expose an open area to use it-you just press a button, and in a second your enemy's radar is no more.

Counter Spy Plane pwns Care Package handily, then throws it into a pit, pours oil on it, and burns it up dramatically with a cigarette.

As for Blackbird, it can't be shot down, you can see where the enemy is looking at (so it's useful for planning flank attacks), lasts twice as long as a Spy Plane, and, most importantly, NO PERSON, NO MATTER WHAT PERK THEY'RE USING, CAN AVOID IT, EVEN IF THEY HAVE THE *RIDICULOUSLY POPULAR* GHOST PRO. This instantly negates the effects of that perk, making it a LOT more powerful AND valuable than Spy Plane.
    Go back to the cod4 ways.

Stop trying to make this game appeal to every person, it just turns more people away.
    TheHydro
    I want a "Title Editor" I wish they had a title in MW2 that said "Predator Magnet".  No matter if I have stopping power, Hardline, or even Cold-blooded, if someone gets a predator missile, it's hitting me, there is no question about it.  It sucks =(
    CODfanboy2k9

THX 1386 wrote:

Better idea:

Take Black Ops's perk structure, emblem editor, some weapons, maps, and some of their kill streaks. Throw away all the rest. Mix in a healthy bit of MW2 such as the graphics,some more weapons, and the network connections. Shake until finished. Serve.

It's my opinion that the only thing that can save the CoD franchise is to move away from having so many developers with their d*cks in the jar. Which isn't likely seeing as how Activision is on a mission to have as many IPs based off of CoD releasing consecutively.

Black Ops perk structure is wrong, it should be by rank not by money.
    TheDustbinMan

THX 1386 wrote:

Better idea:

I think thats been proven to be a terrible idea. Ive probably logged 3-4 hours on Black Ops and ive seen endless dicks, swastikas, tits, etc.

Hedgehog87 wrote:

I think thats been proven to be a terrible idea. Ive probably logged 3-4 hours on Black Ops and ive seen endless ****, swastikas, tits, etc.

And people made d*cks on Forza, a sex machine on Little Big Planet, and swastikas in Halo's Forge. Should all of those games abandon their customizable content because some people are immature? No. I think not.

@bigb: I like being able to purchase the perks I use - and only the perks I use. The old way of simply forcing perks at a person and making them wait for the ones they want really doesn't work. The way Black Ops has it is a workable plan.
    CODfanboy2k9

THX 1386 wrote:

Hedgehog87 wrote:

I think thats been proven to be a terrible idea. Ive probably logged 3-4 hours on Black Ops and ive seen endless ****, swastikas, tits, etc.

And people made d*cks on Forza, a sex machine on Little Big Planet, and swastikas in Halo's Forge. Should all of those games abandon their customizable content because some people are immature? No. I think not.

@bigb: I like being able to purchase the perks I use - and only the perks I use. The old way of simply forcing perks at a person and making them wait for the ones they want really doesn't work. The way Black Ops has it is a workable plan.

No it doesn't it unbalances the game, it should be by rank. In Black Ops there's no real point to ranking up, just do wager matches, get the perk you want or attachment and that's it. They should of just got rid or ranking all together.
    Adamater
    The only point of ranking is to unlock guns, but I refuse to prestige because you can't just buy pro perks.
    TheDustbinMan

THX 1386 wrote:

Hedgehog87 wrote:

As you have said people do it whenever its possible. So it shouldnt be possible to create such things if custom content is to be allowed. Ive got no problem with customizable content, its one of the biggest parts of PC gaming afterall. When customizable content allows you to have the above though then somethings gone wrong in my opinion. Especially if its so easy to do with the games basic tools. Some of Black Ops shapes, etc are just screaming "MAKE A D1CK AS YOUR EMBLEM!" to all the 12 year olds out there.

As for Black Ops ranking its certainly pointless. My brother always ends up Prestiging with a lot of unspent points because he only buys what he wants to use (which is generally just the FAMAS). They arnt going to remove the feature though because its one of the major things that keeps people hooked on the game (and genre).
    That reminds me...

Easiest way to make MW3 a success? Take out stupid crap like "custom emblem editors". Why?

The CoD community is rampant with 12-year-olds + IW doesn't support their games + too many emblems too closely resembling swastikas/genitals/animals fornicating = 50+% of the community adopting swastikas/genitals/animals fornicating as their emblems and the world of MW coming to an end as we know it. Simple math.

It's evident at all the crap I see in BlOps (with the emblems), and with all the crap I see in MW2 (with all the hacking/glitching).
    JCVynn
    Keep the grenade launcher but make it use the players grenades/flash/stun/whatever for ammo.
    Also display the guns real stats no just made up ones.
    All snipers in mw2 do the same damage despite what those annoying bars show.

JCVynn wrote:

Keep the grenade launcher but make it use the players grenades/flash/stun/whatever for ammo.

The WA2000 and the M21 do significantly less damage than the Intervention and Barrett.
    TheDustbinMan

Myth700 wrote:

JCVynn wrote:

The WA2000 and the M21 do significantly less damage than the Intervention and Barrett.

Same damage different multipliers. The only way to display it with the stats bars used in game would be on the damage bar though. They should ditch the bars entirely and actually give numbers to people instead of fooling them into thinking X gun does more damage than Y gun when it actually deals the same or less.