6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2011 1:09 AM by thedeadmccoy RSS

What is this "dog tag" thing?

TheInsurgent
Am I going to be the only one that can pick them or or can they be stolen? For example everytime I snipe some one will I have to run all the way across the map to get my points?
  • Re: What is this "dog tag" thing?
    It's a game mode that is meant to discourage camping. You have to 'confirm' your kill by collecting the dog tag of anyone you kill - otherwise points don't change. It's only in the 'kill confirmed' game type and not in standard TDM.
    phj
    Or if you get the kill and a teammate picks it up, you still get a point.
    xFrostByte77x
    Your team can kill anyone, so long as anyone on your team also picks up the dog tags. If the enemy reaches the dog tags before a teammate then they can retrieve it, preventing your team from gaining a point even though the person was killed. So, essentially I would guess you can have a field day killing, but it won't help your team one bit unless their dog tags are picked up.

xFrostByte77x wrote:

Your team can kill anyone, so long as anyone on your team also picks up the dog tags. If the enemy reaches the dog tags before a teammate then they can retrieve it, preventing your team from gaining a point even though the person was killed. So, essentially I would guess you can have a field day killing, but it won't help your team one bit unless their dog tags are picked up.

I haven't read every bit of information about this game type.

If I have a UAV on and I get 3 kills without collecting the dog tags of anyone I have killed. Will I still get the UAV? Or will kills not count towards streak rewards in that game mode?

If they do still count then it would be fairly easy to get an AC-130 or something, **** with it, then have your teammates run around collecting the dog tags :/
    It's basically TDM, but for players who can't stand getting killed by campers repeatedly, because those campers actually have to use their left joystick and move
    thedeadmccoy
    cool so "runners" "bunny hoppers"etc can play this mode and leave us tactical hunters "campers"  (a hunter doesn't run around like an idiot)
    play the regular game

perfect