1 21 22 23 24 25 Previous Next 361 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2012 3:34 PM by esmorgue Go to original post RSS
  • 220. Re: TU:1.07  Let G IH A IN ID II now what is happening.

I am not sure. All I know is 1308 is the minimum MTU set on PS3 that will allow MW3 to work. I tested groundwar, but I did not use a mic. It may need to be set higher. If you find certain communication aspects of the game not working correctly than increase the MTU.

A value of 1400 would be fine as well.

Basically since MW3 matches everyone based on ping to host/server whatever it is, an mist people use the default ISP MTU which is 1492 or 1500. Then there hops to the host/server will have a greater delay than if you have yours set lower. Less delay, more shots you can get itn first.

And if MW3 only needs 1308, than what happens to the other 292 packets if using an MTU of 1500? I don't know.

• 221. Re: TU:1.07  Let G IH A IN ID II now what is happening.

Trust me though, an MTU of 1308 is way better than 1500. To be safe I would try XBOX 360's value of 1364, or 1400. 1500 will not provide you with a better connection than a lowered number. For sure.

• 222. Re: TU:1.07  Let G IH A IN ID II now what is happening.
    esmorgue

Sorry for the delay was busy. Will definitely give it atth. Have aweek off for holidays.

• 223. Re: TU:1.07  Let G IH A IN ID II now what is happening.

esmorgue I played tonight.

1308 worked well but I had a good amount of lag. Probably because the game was needing more bytes.

Since MW3 was portd from 360 I tried setting my PS3 to 1364 and I had the best games all night.

So use 1364 for MTU on PS3. And have your router set to 1500(Cable) or 1492(DSL).

• 224. Re: TU:1.07  Let G IH A IN ID II now what is happening.

I get into 50ms games but when im in those games I still experience lag compensation for some reason.

Shoot a guy it takes about 3-4 bullets just for hitmarkers to kick in and after 2 or 3 hitmarkers they just turn on me and instant kill me.

I watch the killcam and they took no damage but they got a red hit detection? TOTAL BULLSHIT.

I think its the Matchmaking to be honest.

• 225. Re: TU:1.07  Let G IH A IN ID II now what is happening.
    Zachg0525

This is a quick video of the garbage that we have to put up with every time we play. Just FYI, I have FiOS, 25/25, 19ms ping, hard-wired, CAT6, DMZ, etc...I run & gun with a KDR of 3.10 and I use multiple guns. This was from last night. I wanted to see the nerf on the T95, so I used that. Yes, I have gold camo on that gun along with other guns. I just keep hearing people say to nerf the T95 more. I feel like they did a good job, for the most part.

This video shows that the nerf on the T95 distance is stupid and actually a little too much. I got 4 hit markers on one guy and it took 4 bursts to kill another. It also shows how awesome the spawns are (rolls eyes). I literall pop up right where the other team started spawning. And it shows how someone can drop into last stand and kill me with 1 bullet through a wall. It also shows the little screen flinch on kill cams when someone kills me at about the same time they get killed and the lag comp freaks out on the kill cam.

• 226. Re: TU:1.07  Let G IH A IN ID II now what is happening.

I dont mind the T95. I dont use it but it can be annoying when I run around the corner to escape and a T95 follows me.

Honestly it was like this day 1 for me. I shot a guy and  get bunch of hitmarkers.

Only thing TU 1.07 did for me is actually made me skip and lag across the map more often.

I miss being able to duck down for cover and quickly popping back up getting the kill.

On MW3 I duck down to the grown and about 2 seconds later Im dead?

Another thing I absolutely hate is the head glitching immunity.

I can only see the guys head but yet I keep getting hitmarkers on the head glitcher that makes no sense.

• 227. Re: TU:1.07  Let G IH A IN ID II now what is happening.
    esmorgue

I will do bud. Glad to some people are trying to help.

I am wondering if they used similar MTU settings for MW2. Not the one they used for this game. Could that be what 1.07 was for? To adjust the MTU settings.

• 228. Re: TU:1.07  Let G IH A IN ID II now what is happening.
    dlundebjerg28

The only thing TU7 seemed to do to me is make it take a lot longer to get into a lobby. I usually find a <50ms ping lobby in 15-20 seconds and now sometimes it takes a minute or two,

Whatever changes were made to picking the host are amazing as well. My internet is graded a B+ on pingtest.net and I used to pull host a lot which sucked. Now I seem to have good enough connection to get into the <50ms ping lobbies but not good enough connection to pull host.

• 229. Re: TU:1.07  Let G IH A IN ID II now what is happening.

My ratio jsut went up by 6 tongiht after changing the MTU to 1364. It felt like I was playing on cable, hit detection was smooth and it was amazing. Like I literally had the best gaming since setting the MTU to 1364.

My setup is:

Wired to PS3.

Router MTU set to 1500.

PS3 MTU set to 1364.

Router Firewall Off.

PS3 not in dmz.

Using OpenDNS.

Great night for me! At last.

1 21 22 23 24 25 Previous Next