16 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2011 3:24 AM by djam RSS

But he was flashed?

Hey guys, idk if this happens to you guys but sometimes I will throw a flashband at someone and get a solid hitmarker and he kills me.  It seems he only stays blind for 2 seconds tops.  On the contrary when I get flashed, I can't see anything for much longer, like 5-7 seconds.

Has anyone noticed anything like this?  I feel like the flash/stun grenades in this game are alot weaker than before.

Thoughts?

Discuss.

• Re: But he was flashed?

Sometimes when you flash people even tho they cant see they will still spray a whole clip in hopes of getting a hitmarker or even a kill.

ive noticed this aswell, we can hope they fix it in the future updates.

Killcams don't show the effects of flash/stun grenades, neither do they show smoke, certain fires, certain explosions, and some other random things. Just because the killcam doesn't show the enemy as being flashed doesn't mean he actually wasn't flashed.

Thats probably what it is meerkat, I've known that smoke and other things don't show up in the killcam.  Didn't know that flashbangs didn't either.  I guess that makes sense,  Guess I've just been blind fired all these times. haha

coolwhhhip

Start using Recon. One of the most underused/underappreciated perks in the game. Just use it on a LMG class though or with extended mags on something else since the lack of Slight of Hand is so noticeable. Not having that reload speed or weapon switching speed can really mess you up. I got in a fight without it the other day and had to reload, literally had time to think about how long it was taking, so I decide to just switch to a pistol in the middle, and that took just as long, so I died as I was still switching while watching the guy round the corner, helpless. Good reason to pack a throwing knife, huh?

If someone is not right on top of a flash, it will not hit them as hard. "in the same room" isn't necessarily "close enough', especially if it bounces behind a desk or something like that.  Lots of hitmarkers with these grenades, sure, but that doesn't mean they get the full effect, same as a grenade might not kill someone.  the things have a radius, further from the center, less effect.

And the the guy is wondering about infront/back..the thing puts out an enormous amount of light.  Ever see a camera flash but not the camera?(derp, light bounches)  Yeah, multiply that by a million.  That's how it can blind you if it's behind you.

I really wish the flash system was more like Rainbow Six.

If you turn and have the flashbang out of your view (tv screen) you shouldn't get flashed. It's a bright light, bright lights don't hurt you if you never see it. I've had flashbangs blind me from behind trucks and huge tarps.

Concussion grenades can pull it off sensibly because they screw with your equilibrium through a sound blast yada yada. It's hard to stick my fingers in my ears without letting go of the gun lol.

But yeah, turn your head, no flash, nice and simple.

I'm presuming you've never actually seen a flashbang in real life?

They actually consist of 7-8 individual explosions (the bang) that detonate over a roughly 4 second period.

There is also a flash element (magnesium if I remember right) that gives off approx. 300,000 candlepower. If you are in the same room as this thing when it goes off, you are gonna be temporarily blinded regardless of where you look

angrymeerkat wrote:

I'm presuming you've never actually seen a flashbang in real life?

They actually consist of 7-8 individual explosions (the bang) that detonate over a roughly 4 second period.

There is also a flash element (magnesium if I remember right) that gives off approx. 300,000 candlepower. If you are in the same room as this thing when it goes off, you are gonna be temporarily blinded regardless of where you look

This.

People are idiots. What they're saying is akin to saying not looking directly at a lightbulb and you can't see it's light.

Newsflash:  Light Bounces.  See your hand?  They don't glow(derp), the light coming off them is bouncing off the lights in your room or atleast your monitor.  In brighter light, they reflect more light.  A sunny day at the beach, yeah, pretty bright.  That sunny beach is 100,000 candlepower, or lux.

A stun(or flash[they're the same thing]) grenade, depending on manufacturer, can reach 3 to 20 times that amount, that's 300,000 - 2,000,000 lux. (and throw off 200db, and concuss(ie pressure)).

Under that kind of blast, everything around you, even if the grenade is behind you, is brilliantly lit as if it were sunny beach, 20 times over...Yes, that will blind you temporarily.  Looking away from the direct flash will save you permanent blindness(or atleast prolonged blindness), yes, but will not relieve the stun effect.

Now, I would like if they were more effective on people in the dark, and less effective on people who are out in direct sunlight, to reflect reality in that people who's iris' are not dilated to admit light get affected less.(The concussion and sound are less dangerous in open area's as well, but hell in an enclosed space)