19 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2011 3:50 AM by Chomper360 RSS

Please IW - STOP PATCHING!!!

bo2000

The game was OK when I opened the box. It wasn't great, but it was playable even though terrible map design and spawn system. Whatever you did for or gainst lag-compensation, REMOVE IT! I have a great connection (50 up/ 10 down/ open nat/fast path/etc.) and the game just sucks. Instakills, round-the-corner-kills, vanishing bullets and things I can't even name yet. Haven't heard success stories of your patches and hotfixes yet, so I would suggest to go back to square one and leave connection settings as they were before my K/D goes down the drain. Buff and nerf some weapons, fix the damn spawn systems or come up with some bigger maps but keep your hands of any vital parts of the game. Since you seem NOT to UNDERSTAND what the artists formerly known as Infinity Ward did in COD4 and MW4 you shouldn't mess with this stuff obviously. And please apply for other jobs. UPS and FedEx is hiring right now. I'm serious.

• Re: Please IW - STOP PATCHING!!!

2 things

1) stop hatin and

2) dont worry about k/d ratio. that means nothing.

@capD  Wrong!

1)  Why is it that paying costumers can't complain about a crappy product?  Why is it that CoD fanboys can't differentiate between legitimate gripes and plain old hate.  If I sold you a Ford Exploder a few years back and the tire went out while you're doing 80 on the highway and you came in and complained and I told you "stop hatin..." would you take that?  If so, then sonny there's a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you...cheap.

2)  uh...K/D matters a lot in most game types.  TDM specially (the most played game type in CoD).  If you're the kind of player the goes 5-20 and then shrugs and say "it doesn't matter"...then you're a cancer on the game and I beg you to never play TDM again.  Go play FFA where you can suck all you like and it won't hurt the team. 

limonaid

Don't take this game like a life-or-death situation.

It's a GAME.

If it's important to you, that's fine. But in general K/Ds (like W/L ratios) are not all that important.

Why else would the game developers put so little emphasis on K/Ds and more on Game Score Total?

limonaid

Yeah. Agreed.

I hope everyone understand that K/Ds doesn't reflect on you as a person, but whatever you say on this forum does.

I'll say this if as you mention, what I say  on this forum reflects on me as a person.  "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of a feeble mind."  I sometimes go back and watch a game from the perpective of the guy that went 5-20 and realize that there's a pattern to the poor game play.  It's a consistancy in going after the same camper over and over or going down the same route over and over even though it's totally covered.  To me that says it's not talent that the player lacks, it's common sense and an awareness that they are impacting the whole team.  It's TEAM death match not team and a-guy-named-bob-doing-whatever deathmatch .  If you were on the basketball court or the soccer field coaching or playing and had a team member doing foolish things like that you might think...hey this person doesn't care about the team. Just because its a video game doesn't mean that the same lessons one learns in team sports about team work, communication and helping others cannot apply.  Just my opion.

Yeah K/D dont count for **** in this game xD cmon even the guns are unbalanced lol

I feel the opposite.  While not perfect it has definitely improved, especially the host disadvantage.  The lag is much more minimal than it was initially.

Funny thing is this game was terrible at release, was laggy as hell, player collision (Oh dear god), party constantly being disconnected... and now all these have been sorted, so i'm very happy with this game and glad i spent the £90.

Just enjoy the game and what the developers are doing ( If they are doing anything) It could be worse.

The update work well for me (25/25 down/up).

I am Happy that they are doing something, If it took a year for and update (lolReach), then most of the Fans would have moved on. I only started playing COD (black ops) when the DEV. didn't care about their Fans.

bo2000

I couldn't care less about K/D. Else I would break this game in half instead of trying to find some reasons for this mess. But K/D is a good indicator if a) your skill drops or b) gamequality drops. Also I'm aware that this is supposed to be a game. Games should be fun. II don't know how many people now have more fun after this so called patches but I don't read many "thank you IW" posts here. So stop hating on my legitimate complaints and get off.

limonaid

If IW stops patching all together... then people would continue to Token glitch & Prestige Glitch as it is now.

Your request is unreasonable.

bo2000

LOL!!! one more smartguy who's not able to read past the headline I said that they can modify whatever they want but should leave connectivity things as they were if they don't understand what they're doing. Unreasonable? I don't think so.

bo2000

LOL!!! one more smartguy who's not able to read past the headline I said that they can modify whatever they want but should leave connectivity things as they were if they don't understand what they're doing. Unreasonable? I don't think so.

bo2000

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is by far the worst CoD game in the franchise. It appeals to little kids with is Halo-esque super human perks, ridiculous killstreaks anfd flashy explosions. No adult should play with game. Adults should move on to Battlefeild as CoD has turned into Halo 

Amen. They've tweaked the game a little too much, the basics are being forgotten. Since when was it possible that Noobtubes were to get hitmarkers when exploded 2 metres away from them - that is why Blast Shield is in the game. If noobtubes were powered up, more people would use Blast shield leaving less people using Quickdraw or Assassin which would even the perk slots alot more, leaving faster paced games since nobody would be camping with assassin. It's irrelevant to the topic but it just comes to show that they are ignorant towards their own ideas

Amen. They've tweaked the game a little too much, the basics are being forgotten. Since when was it possible that Noobtubes were to get hitmarkers when exploded 2 metres away from them - that is why Blast Shield is in the game. If noobtubes were powered up, more people would use Blast shield leaving less people using Quickdraw or Assassin which would even the perk slots alot more, leaving faster paced games since nobody would be camping with assassin. It's irrelevant to the topic but it just comes to show that they are ignorant towards their own ideas