19 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2012 1:06 PM by mseverino RSS

Hardcore no longer realistic with Richochet Plz Change back

The only mode I play is Hardcore becasue it is more realistic, now you just changed the realism by adding richochet.  PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK.  You are screwing up the game for everone else because 1% of he hardcore lobby wants to team kill.  I was just in a killstreak and guess what my teamate walks in front of me.  I was just in a killstreak and i guess my claymore got tripped and had a friendly casualty, I got killed via ricochet, how gay!  Here is what you should do,  either 1)  lenghten respawn times for team kills 1st team kill 30 seconds.  Second team kill 45 seconds  3rd + team kills 1 minute.   or 2) go back to the 3-4 kills and your out, but obnly count the teamkills with a gun or knife,  dont count killstreaks or claymores or grenades.  Those are unintentional a lot of the time.  I always hated when i had a stealth bomber accidentally kill teamates and booted me out of black ops.  Please fix.

• Re: Hardcore no longer realistic with Richochet Plz Change back

Totally agree. Nothing worse than when your trying to build up killstreaks and if your using some of the higher ones to future the killstreaks (i.e. ac130) and fire a rocket and a team-mate swans in the line of fire of your rocket, dies, and that ends your earned killstreak. For HC to be realistic, friendly fire needs to be enabled. Blue-on-blue occurs in real life. Just making the punishment for excesive teamkilling stricter would be better. Please MW3, returm back.

I 100% AGREE WITH YOUR STATEMENT HERE I FREAKING HATE THIS RIC S*** AND REALLY DONT EVEN WANNA PLAY ANYMORE

This was almost every S&D lobby pre 1.07. Spawn delay was irrelevant. This seriously happened to me 17 lobbies in a row one day, hardly 1%. If they took out ricochet for grenades, they would just use grenades, or put claymores down behind you and shoot them. IW wont use the kick system because that was Treyarchs idea and they cannot acknowledge it no matter how innovative it may be. Its ricochet or this...

I agree completely. If you don't want to be team killed then DON'T play HC!!! I never team kill on purpose but, I get killed and also kill teamates by accident all the time. It is just a casualty of war. If you must have Ricochet then create another set of lobbies. 1. Core, 2. HC, 3. HC Ricochet. Probelm solved. I, like many of my friends, do not even want to play this garbage anymore. I have over $100 invested in this game ($65 Game + $50 Elite) and don't even want to play it anymore. I only play HC and now it is the worst. At least I had a good month worth of fun before it was ruined by ricochet. Fix it!!!

Really?! You guys are struggling THAT bad with ricochet?! You probably only play TDM so you don't see the problem in other game types...nothing even changes...don't shoot teammates, don't spam frags, and don't blindly fire explosives. I've killed myself in ricochet 5 times since it came out, probably been team killed 5 times a game before the fix.

Don't even play the realism card in a video game. There are MANY other things that make this game less realistic. Fact of the matter is team killers were a huge problem, and IW solved the problem.

SmokeyCheese1

Oh man...........Im so happy to have ricochet. I can now run around without fear of getting blasted by some dorks XM25 spam.

No, I play domination more than anything and I use IMS on captured points. It never fails that a teammate will be near the flag and an enemy triggers the IMS causing it to fire and kill me. I can understand the need for ricochet in S&D but not EVERY HC lobby. Give us a choice. Domination sucks with ricochet. BTW, they might as well remove the stealth bomber kill streak on ricochet games.

Maybe you people should spam your damage more carefully.

An idea I thought of would be reduced damage ricochet.

Meaning the ricochet damage is reduced by 50%-75%.

This means you will likely survive a rico'd grenade or blown up car.

if you want realism throw your disc in the trash cause this is a GAME

The team killing was in S&D mainly but if they only ricochet S&D then the team killers would just go to another gamemode most likely. Which is why they ricochet all hardcore gamemodes in the playlist. IMO I like the ricochet. If you kill your teammate then you should be penalized. Unrealistic yes but the game is automatically unrealistic from the start. You die your dead in real life and in the game you respawn... So, the game called for a unrealistic fix to best suit it. And thats perfectly fine with me because it's a game.

Message was edited by: theincredible001

There are definitely much better solutions to the team killing problem than ricochet. They could have instituted stringent punishments for team killers.

If a person team kills at the beginning of the match in any game mode the match should restart and on the first occurrences the offending player should be kicked from the game and given a 1 hour ban from the hardcore playlist. On each following occurrence they should be banned  for an increasingly longer period of time. And perhaps a permanent ban from the hardcore playlist should result after a specific number of occurrences.

If a person commits a specified number of team kills (somewhere around 3-5) at any other time whether accidental or intentionally they should be kicked from the game.

Narcosys

That is all in all a good idea but much more difficult in implementing.  They would need to create a completely new playlists.  Having a ricochete playlist and a non-ricochete playlist.

I know you're not trying to imply that it would be too costly for them. It's not that hard to implement new lobbies when you consecutively break your sales records and underestimate the amount of people willing to pay an extra $50 for Elite, so much so that it crashes your servers. It can't be too difficult to write programs for the new lobbies because they wrote the current ones and just added ricochet to them. So I'm not sure what you mean when you say, "much more difficult".

Narcosys

Obviously your not understanding what im saying.  I wasnt saying that creating a new lobby would be difficult, the programming behind what he was suggesting would be more difficult.  Creating the lobby would be easier.  I dont know if you know how to read the english language and understand it but periods usually indicate an ending sentence and creating a new one and new idea.  And when someone says 'that' you need to refer back to what 'that' is refering too and you would have seen that what i was suggesting is what they should do and what he is suggesting is the 'much more difficult' part.  Way to go winner.

Warstein

i also ONLY play hc tdm.. and i LOVE the richochet !!

no more morons sticking a frag to me at the begining spawn of every match , no more killing teammates over care packages , no more crappy splitscreeners... u know the ones... one guy goes 7-9 while his buddy goes 0-19 cause all hes doing is killing his buddy , and best of all.. no more last second kill cams of someone popping his own teammate in the back of the skull just to be seen !!

i LOVE the new richochet ... the only person that should be at fault for poor shooting and killing your own team is YOU !! not me . if you have that big of a beef with this new way to handle TKs then maybe harcore just isnt for you ! when it all boils down.. team killing is YOUR OWN FAULT !!!

God forbid you should have to show a litte restraint for an entire match !!

Warstein wrote:

i also ONLY play hc tdm.. and i LOVE the richochet !!

no more morons sticking a frag to me at the begining spawn of every match , no more killing teammates over care packages , no more crappy splitscreeners... u know the ones... one guy goes 7-9 while his buddy goes 0-19 cause all hes doing is killing his buddy , and best of all.. no more last second kill cams of someone popping his own teammate in the back of the skull just to be seen !!

i LOVE the new richochet ... the only person that should be at fault for poor shooting and killing your own team is YOU !! not me . if you have that big of a beef with this new way to handle TKs then maybe harcore just isnt for you ! when it all boils down.. team killing is YOUR OWN FAULT !!!

God forbid you should have to show a litte restraint for an entire match !!

Nothing at all to do with poor shooting.These maps are so small,and with Ricochete on ppl dont care and run right in front of you railing down range or stand up infront of you in a narrow alley.Ricochete is horrible and unrealistic,

And what about flash banging yourself when your teamate is next to an enemy? And the idiot teamate that purposly stands in front of you when you're shooting? Or the fact that if you shot someone THEY DIE. Sledgehammer ruined this game. Period.