8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2011 6:34 PM by wajackbauer RSS

If I played on Xbox...

wajackbauer

I'd be going on an insane crusade to get them to change how many players are needed for a match to start.

8 is way too much, it should be 4. While the Xbox360 version has the largest player base, the fact remains, there will be times where you only have 4, 5, 6 or 7 players in the lobby making you wait like 10 minutes because you need 8 players.

Having it at 8 is one of the most illogical decisions I've ever seen in my life and I don't know how anyone can be in the gaming industry and make a decision like that.

• Re: If I played on Xbox...

the game lobbies fill up right away every time? ive never had to wait 10 minutes for a game to start...hell i've never had to wait 3 minutes

xXxMrKlutchxXx wrote:

the game lobbies fill up right away every time? ive never had to wait 10 minutes for a game to start...hell i've never had to wait 3 minutes

I've seen it take a long time, and here's why.

1. Whole parties.  Sure, it's a lobby with 6 people, but 5 of them are in a party.  Because matchmaking seems to want to match party vs party, single matches come in really really slow.  It's a feature I'll gladly retain, because I hate getting dominated when I play solo, because randoms refuse to play smart or communicate.

2. Someone's got bad connection or network settings and people simply can't join lobbies. NAT problems and such can cause matchmaking itself to really blow.  Once in a while you get into that game that starts, but no one ever joins, some peopel quit, and you stick out a 2 v 6 match just because you don't like to quit(You actually saw that a LOT in halo and were punished for quitting, it's a habit to not even think about leaving).  Also, some routers just sincerely hate other routers, even if things say they're open, they just do not play well together, and matchmaking makes that evident.

No thanks.   8 is the min for any 12 person game mode and I'm glad.  Nothing is more boring than a 3v3 game of tdm.

I'll sacrifice a few mins for a full lobby.  Then again I play w/ a party so I don't have that problem.

wajackbauer

Well even though Xbox has so many players, I still think it should be lowered to AT LEAST 6. I find that when a match is full, its too chaotic, so 3 vs 3 for a minute or two (people would probably join within the first minute and a half) would be welcome to me, but thats just my opinion.

When the next CoD comes out, they should definitely lower it to 4, as the game's populations just drops like crazy. For MW2 on PC you need 8 players for a match to start even today. I live in Australia and this makes it extremely hard to find a match full of Australian players. Changing it to 4 players would dramatically help and keep in mind it would take them less than 5 minutes to change, even a rookie programmer could do it.

ricobot360

Started a 3 vs. 3 Drop Zone yesterday. Then it poplulated to 3 vs. 6 a 3rd of the throught the match (I was on the 3 team) we were winning up till the re-population then got raped of course. And then right a the very end we got 2 more players. I was a frustrating game to say the least. But we would of had a better chance with 4 on 6. And I've never waited for more than 2 minutes for a full lobby. Usually getting dumped into  a losing game which is another sory...

wajackbauer

You mean to tell me that there's no autobalance even in the precious Xbox version? What the hell is wrong with Infinity Ward?! Its been in CoD games since CoD4 on PC (maybe earlier?)

Once again, a rookie programmer could program autobalance into the game, its really not hard.

It used to be a minimum of 6 to start in CoD4, and was bumped up to 8 in MW2.  Myself and friends will often play Team Tactical because we ALWAYS have three and sometimes four.  It was kind of fun to get into the beginning of a TDM game with it as 3v3.  Realistically it's not too big of a deal for me, but I would figure IW may want to improve their matchmaking.

wajackbauer

There's plenty of people spamming Robert Bowling on twitter saying that it takes too long to find a game, whether they mean to find a lobby or for the match to actually start I don't know, but I still think it should be reduced to 6.