27 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 2:03 PM by iKushtyy RSS

G36C vs ACR 6.8

which gun do you favor?  what perks and attachments/proficiencies do you use?  i personally love the G36C with the omega dot and kick.  its wonderful for mid range targets and yet up close still an ok gun.  but the real twist is when your at long range, if you burst fire (no more than 5 bullets per burst) i find that the gun does very well also.  the ACR 6.8 and i just dont get along like with the G36C.  for 1, if i try the same setup i cant see anything infront of the dot because of the guns flash (due to being mounted on the very low mounted rail).  if you try to correct it with the suppressor it does help with vision, but then i find that the sight is too jumpy (it jumps with each bullet fired like the AK does).  for some reason i find the ACR's iron sight to be dificult to use at mid to far range.....im usually aiming too high and it annoys me.

how do you other people feel about these 2 guns?

also, is there any other guns/combos that are very similar to the G36C (other than the MP7***)?

• Re: G36C vs ACR 6.8
    gallp13

ACR kick suppressed. Yum!

Playing FAD att suppressed ext mags could become my new fav cos I run faster

L86LSW, it's the best gun in the game .

Other than that, I prefer the AK-47 for it's high damage, despite high recoil.  I really hate the G36C because it reloads pitifully slow (seriously, the reload animation for the British assault rifles always looks like the guy trying to fit the mag in but fails, then fitting it in a second time for epic reload win).

asasa

how on earth is that anywhere even near being #1

High magazine size, has as much damage and even longer range than Assault Rifles, combine with FMG9 Akimbo and Marksman Pro for optimal effect of complete long-range rapage of enemies (when my L86LSW starts letting loose even snipers start scrambing for cover!  ).

gallp13

Interesting.....have never used LMGs slow me down too much, slow to reload and I like it up close....now now don't be rude......the Proficiencies can probably be used to create some good LMGS set ups. I will give this a try.

Thanks for this post. BTW may come back and say they are still dogs;)

hmm you use marksman and not dead silence? You wouldnt stand a chance against me..sound whore ftw

i have used the L86 a few times in this game and its acutally alot better than the MW2 version.  my only issue with it is accuracy at longer range.  other than that its a pretty good mid-short range gun.  the other issue is weight, considering you have to use the gun for a fair amount before you get lightweight proficiency.

Guys g36is german not British, and also l86lsw is British!

IEliteWalker

G36C all the way, i find the ACR only effective if you spray it and the sights bouncing around just annoys me.

before i started playing mw3 i would have choose the g36c every time but some how the have managed to screw it up since cod4 as for the acr i was never a big fan of it in mw2 and im not in mw3, my chpice of assault rifle is either the fad, scar or ak

love the G36C

I got a 30-3 with the G36C on Christmas. I'm liking the gun a lot. I feel like MP7 does the same job a bit better. G36C has really nice hip fire accuracy too for those that haven't noticed.

trialstardragon

cm901.. do not care for the g3 or the acr. I do better with the cm then either of the other weapons mentioned so far.

gallp13

Loved my 901 before the under barrel Att nerf. Now the fire rate is little low. What's your set up?

both guns are good but i might be a bit crazy in the fact the M4A1  with SOH, HARDLINE,DEAD SILENCE rocks my boat and when im not using that gun i lean towards the FAD also am finding the trophy system to be a amazing edition and get a chuckle stopping a predator and hearing a WTF over the microphone..

gallp13

Not crazy, read about a chap rocking the M4 most enthusiastically. I tried it and bickitty boom a loverly little gun. Now have this with same set up as you.

Started using FAD yesterday...lots of fun...spend a token on it to keep. Now running dual att suppressor and duel mags to offset slow reload and fire rate. Got to burst fire this pup for accuracy at range and to conserve ammo. Love the AR characteristics with ability to run a bit faster. Teams up well with SOH, hard line and dead silence. Foot steps or lack there of gives a distinct advantage on this COD.

Have not tried trophy system much. Will do so.....thx for thoughts always enjoy advises on successful load outs.

Happy hols

trialstardragon

cm901 attahcments acog and silencer. perfect for short to medium range harassment. No red dot to give away location. Crazy power at close ranges, not better then most smg's but that is how it should be. Acog for longer range engagments out to medium distance or further.

People say the cm is weak.. hell I do fairly well with it against the so called op 95 and the so called op akimbo fmg's.

I hardly use G36C anymore, I used it few times in my first prestige with RDS but I gave up. But ACR 6.8 is a total beast, f*cking love it. I use ACR 6.8 with Silencer with Focus so I can reduce flinch. My perks are Sleight of Hand Pro, Hardline Pro and Marksman.

I'd highly recommend that.

I'd love to use the G36C but the iron sights are horrible. They're too god damned big around the edges and block a decent portion of my view.

Obviously I love the Scar L lol nice and thin iron sights. I use Marksman on all my classes so view is very important to me.

G36c and ACR 6.8--now that's a debate!  I personally am still debating which one I like better (possibly which one is favorite AR and coincidentally by second favorite).  As of now, I would have to say the G36c over the ACR 6.8, but my stats say the opposite.

Both are great guns!

g36c

It's recoil is predictable, straight up.

ACR

it's recoil is less predicable, but doesn't go very far.

they both have their ins and outs, but the G36 doesn't do good at range if you have to move left or right.  the straight up(and sometimes WAY up) recoil can screw up a suppressive fire sweep, somethign the ACR excells at.

That's a deal breaker for me.  If I want precision, I'll use the MK14.  If I want dependable and reliable full-auto, I'll use the ACR(or the scar, it's lack of recoil is sick).  If i want a closer quarters AR with fast reload, I'll use the g36.....but that's what SMG's are for, and they'll pwn a g36 every time.(just no grenade launchers or distance shooting)

ACR is overrated and is an official douchebag gun along with dual FMG9's.

iKushtyy

Used to use ACR religiously, just all round good gun. Then went to SCAR-L. But recently been binning both in favour of the G36C. All reliable, strong guns. Just go through phases really. Will evenually go back to ACR.