1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 95 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2012 1:18 PM by agentdenny Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?
    starbuckfrack

Thanks dragon.

Another way to put it would be ...

Lets no consider the "final stand perk" or whatever its called, I dont use it. But in Drop Zone I do use the C4 perk to purposely take out the enemy in the red zone

Say you just come up the stairs and see a guy running into the doorway 50 feet away. You get a hitmarker off the guy and do minor damage.

Then your buddy runs around the corner and finishes him off up close.

In that issue just like this one BOTH players got the guy. The first guy made it easier to take him out. Both players get assist kills.

Well this is exactly the same thing. Only difference is the guys not really moving. perk or not you still shared the kill.

As for the 20 percent thing in BF3. You got 20 points out of 100 for each bullet you put into the guy. Thats where the number came in.

One guy got 4 shots = 80 points.

One guy got 1 shot = 20 points.

Of course the numbers are estimates for BF3.

So if you got 1 shot to his body then you only got 20 points.

2 shots 40 points, etc.

• 51. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?
    starbuckfrack

In deciding who gets the strike package tho I honestly feel the person with the killing bullet should get get the kill counted or neither should get anything.

And in a game where the loss was by 100 points because the main shooter did not kill a Final Chancer then the person who didnt finish him off deserves the hate mail too. Especially if the second chancer helps the team win by two kills by taking out a second person while in SC

Or whatever they call it now

• 52. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?

I think the best compromise, apart from removing last stand, would be to treat final stand as a second "life" and award a pointstreak point for putting a player in last stand and another for finishing him off. For the person who's in last stand it would only count as one death and the official kill would go to the person who finished him off.

• 53. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?

final stand shouldnt even be in the game, but YES!  it should be as Black Ops was!

• 54. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?

AEon_Xao wrote:

There is, and you're a fool for not being able to tell the difference.  When someone goes out of their way to finish off that guy you put into final stand, because you're reloading, or taking cover to regain health, or you sniped him in the face and now he's in cover, that's a kill steal.  That person is just greedy enough to go after the easy prey, and letting the other enemies have their moment.  The entire act is selfish and individual oriented, contrary to the team dynamic of game play.

Lololol. Kill stealing?

When someone's in Final Stand, he's not only capable of killing but also capable of getting back up after a certain period of time. What do you expect your teammates to do if they come across someone you've failed to finish off? Just die of his bullets so they don't "steal" your kill? Lol.

• 56. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?
    trialstardragon

But be unrealistic at best. Because they did not die when they went into FS, so no death earned at that point. A death is not a death until it is a death. A kill is not a kill until it is a kill.

• 57. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?
    trialstardragon

You expect the team mate to die just so you could come back and finish of the downed player? if that is what you meant.. wow are you just selfish and stupid...

I finish off kills all the time if my teammate is un able to do so.

But with as FS lets you back up. if they change it to how BO was. I will not and just let the guy get back up. Not going to aide a team mate that died to a fs users get a cheap kill if they change to how BO screwed it up.

• 58. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?

djam wrote:

AEon_Xao wrote:

There is, and you're a fool for not being able to tell the difference.  When someone goes out of their way to finish off that guy you put into final stand, because you're reloading, or taking cover to regain health, or you sniped him in the face and now he's in cover, that's a kill steal.  That person is just greedy enough to go after the easy prey, and letting the other enemies have their moment.  The entire act is selfish and individual oriented, contrary to the team dynamic of game play.

Lololol. Kill stealing?

When someone's in Final Stand, he's not only capable of killing but also capable of getting back up after a certain period of time. What do you expect your teammates to do if they come across someone you've failed to finish off? Just die of his bullets so they don't "steal" your kill? Lol.

I expect them to do just as you say, usually.  However, when they desert a real fire fight with a moving target to go take an easy free kill from a teamate who's obviously reloading...

I love it when that kill stealing SOB gets shot in the back while running away from a firefight.

Since you're alien to the concept here's another example of a kill steal.  you run up behind someone and you're right about to knife, and the body falls down.  Your team mate was watching the whole time of course, hidden in his dark doorway he was undetectable and safe, hadn't been shot at since the game started.

These things are not strategic team efforts such as concentrating fire.  They are tactics of a scared and selfish player.

• 59. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?

It's silly to disagree with switching the way the points carry through on a downed kill.

People complained about it on Gears of War because you did all the work just to have someone sling one bullet over there and snag the kill and they patched it.

Don't say "well you should finish them off", that's a stupid argument. What if I shoot at 3 people, kill the 2 and the 3rd goes into last stand? If you don't have a perfect connection that can take a LOT of bullets to pull off. If two people even stand close to each other in andy CoD game I have to shoot twice as much because the game can't decide how to distribute the damage between the two player, I would almost swear with a gun to my head that the game splits the damage between them instead of one then the other, but I digress. Let's say that 3rd person goes into last stand, well now I have to reload because I had to shoot the heck out of them to get them down. . . so in a smart fashion I step into cover to reload planning to step out and finish him. All of a sudden, out runs Mr. Striker sporting a "I'm a Striker beast" t-shirt and sprays my victim. He gets the kill because he just happen to run out from a spawn and find him laying there? No. No way.

I did the work, I should get the kill points and he should have the assist. He ASSISTED me by finishing him.

That's like someone taking 3 weeks to perfect a painting just have me run in and paint one little speck on it and I get to sell the painting for thousands of dollars as my own.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next