31 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2012 8:09 PM by TG Silverbullet RSS

Why Do QS Think This Is A Skill??!?

smokesdope

Is QS a skill of course it isnt how can pressing a trigger slightly bfore the other one be a skill I could train a monkey to do it and it would use it better Im a FFA player and there is nothing more annoying than these morons running around QS people all through the game and using it like an assualt rifle as you constantly hear them firing through the map as they are that bad they cant get the first hit and procead to fire of about six rounds to get there target also you get the sad 10 year old trying to get there 360 sniper shot as they jump of a wall or something and end up in an epic fail.The QS is just an exploit of the game that sould never have been allowed back in the game just bowed down to all the pressure from all the QS morons on youtube with all there stupid vids I would much rather watch a cross map KT or a shotgun montage now there is something that takes abit of skill the shotguns are way underpowered so what are your thoughts on this matter?

• Re: Why Do QS Think This Is A Skill??!?

I'm not a quickscoper, but I have to say to be continuously successful at it takes skill.  I've tried it just out of curiosity...it's harder than you might think.  You're right, it is annoying to see people trying to do 360s and quickscope, but it's only annoying because they're a free kill.  If someone is quickscoping and doing well...so be it...they deserve it.

BTW, there are several quickscoping threads.  Just search for them instead of creating a new one (nothing against you in any way ).

Does using punctuation take skill?  Of course it doesn't,  what is your excuse for not using it?

blackops6795

Haha grammar police. Sorry to burst your bubble but not only does no one on here care about punctuation, you should have put a period instead of a comma in your statement. Have a nice day Mr. Officer

asianman12

Sorry kid, but just because this isn't school, doesn't mean you get a pass at using proper grammar and spelling.  It doesn't take that long to type a coherent sentence. If you are that lazy then you shouldn't even be on a forum where people are constantly typing up responses that others are going to read. No one wants to read incoherent BS walls of text.

So next time you are in a forum and want to get your point across in a mature manner.  Use proper grammar and spelling. Not trying to be a Grammar Nazi, but it makes your posts seem more intelligent and people respect you and your point a lot more.

People who bring up grammar in forums are one of three people.

1) Someone who genuinely cannot understand their post and states they need to use proper grammar and spelling to better convey their message to the readers.

2) Someone who has nothing what so ever to bring to the thread so jumps in on someone due to poor grammar to feel included or important.

3) Someone who lost the basis of their argument or has lost the argument and tries to attack their responders grammar in the hopes of trying to prove his or her point invalid due to poor grammar.

You couldn't be more wrong here.  People that bring up grammar in forums are people who understand way more than you can grasp.  Making coherent posts that look right and read right is the main way to get your point across.  Nobody is going to read the OP on this thread and think, "Man, I should really listen to what this person has to say."  Instead, they are going to ignore it.

How hard would this have been to make somewhat legible?  We're not even asking for PERFECT grammar, as nobody seems to even know what that is anymore.  All we're asking for is something legible.

Here, I'll try and re-write the OP to make it legible (not perfect):

Is QS a skill? Of course it isn't. How can pressing a trigger slightly before the other one be a skill? I could train a monkey to do it and it would use it better. I'm an FFA player and there is nothing more annoying than these morons running around QS people all through the game.  They are using it like an assault rifle as you constantly hear them firing through the map. They are that bad they can't get the first hit and proceed to fire off about six rounds to get their target. Also, you get the sad 10 year olds trying to get their 360 sniper shot as they jump off a wall or something and end up in an epic fail.  The QS is just an exploit of the game that should never have been allowed back in the game.  They just bowed down to all the pressure from all the QS morons on youtube with all there stupid vids. I would much rather watch a cross-map KT or a shotgun montage;There is something that takes a bit of skill. The shotguns are way underpowered. So what are your thoughts on this matter?

Now was that so hard?  I guarantee the text above would yield much more educated replies.

iidarkshadowoo

Skill: Map knowledge, game familiarity, accuracy, and reaction time.

Everything else isn't skill. There's no skill in quick scoping, as there is no skill in clicking a button down to spray with an automatic gun. It's just something people complain about because they need an excuse for dying; and apparently it can never be them. :roll:

XRaheemX wrote:

You couldn't be more wrong here.  People that bring up grammar in forums are people who understand way more than you can grasp. 

Really? Just because I label grammar police in forums as three types of people I some how do not grasp the purpose or reason for proper grammar?

Realize that not everyone's grammar or English writing is not up to par with other's and it really does not have to be. This is a video game forum that is mainly used for people to express their opinions.

Rarely do most people care if a post is poor in grammar or not, as long as they can understand it, then its fine. I read his post perfectly fine, like many others apparently did because out of 16 replies only 3 are grammar snobs.

Also their are plenty of very well typed posts on here that either get no replies or very few and then drop down the list. But then again their are plenty of poorly done posts that stay on top for awhile. So quality doesn't trump content. If someone has something good to say and people want to hear it, bad grammar or not, it will be heard.

Your like 5% the guy who seems like he wants to help but 95% of the guy who just wants to spout off because he wants to be included or feel important.

Sorry, just read this today.  I didn't see your reply before.  I just wanted to say this:

"There" instead of "Their" almost every time you used it.  "You're" instead of "Your" in your last paragraph.

I'm joking with you, of course.  Do you really think I'm 95% of the time just spouting off because I want to feel important?  Ouch, that hurts.

I'd like to think I've helped quite a few people here.  Matter of fact, stressing the importance of sounding educated helps quite a bit.  People tend to believe more from somebody who sounds educated than those that don't.

The reason anybody posted on this particular thread about grammar was because the OP WAS actually difficult to read.  Sure, we can interpret it, but it was still way more difficult than my re-write of the OP above.

There are only two grammar screw-ups that I can't pass up and I have to leave a comment when people use them.

It's amazing how many people think it's "I could care less" when it should be "I COULDN'T care less." The second grammar screw-up is when people say "I use to do..." when it's "I USED to do..."

Everything else can be forgiven.

No one was speaking to you.  Run on home boy. 

yovlud

You can learn to quickscope.

Can you learn to use a shotgun at long ranges?

It may take skill, but it's still not balanced.

I can see your point.  I don't quite know how we could ever determine when it's "balanced" though.  There are so many factors that go into thinking about balance that it's possible one could argue that there already is balance or just as likely one could argue that there is an imbalance.

rooster76

It definatlly is a skill. It is super anoying to go up against a good quick scoper, but non the less it takes skill. Now the Spas shotgun is a no skill weapon that is just annoying.

JEadz

haha you try using a pump action shotgun and doing well with it consistantly, all I can say is good luck to ya .

But OT, consistant quickscoping does indeed take skill, if they are missing 1 or 2 + and you're still getting killed by them, then you need to sort it out lol!

I rarely snipe, but I feel sorry for snipers sometimes, if they run around getting quick scopes playing fast and with alot of movement, they get branded a "no skill quick scoper" if they sit in a decent sniping spot and hard scope some kills in said spot, they get branded "a camping noob" they can't win :-\.

gallp13

To be fair there is a little skill in getting the shot and timing just right. But not as much as QS make out. I don't QS it's a bit boring.

Why do people believe in...?

It helps them sleep at night.

It's a pretty crappy tactic to be honest and relies too heavily on the auto-aim. Do it on CS or any other game that doesn't have an auto-aim feature and then we'll talk.

I'm a fairly decent player (Been playing since the very first COD) but I've never really bothered quickscoping, I had a quick go the other day and I managed to kill 3 guys who were all shooting at me in a few seconds, something is a bit wrong there. Snipers should not be that good at close range.

mjw3786

FWIW, the auto-aim works with shotguns, smg's, AR's and pistols too. Being successful with a shotgun [that isn't the striker] is as easy as turning up your sensitivity and "quickscoping" as you would with a sniper rifle. only difference being knowledge of effective range

I guess the main reason I consider it a skill is because I consider myself to be a fairly good player and yet I have attempted quickscoping (really only once or twice), and it's not like a walk in the park.  It wasn't something I could guarantee I was going to dominate by doing,

I missed my fair share, and that screwed me.  The people that can consistently hit their target doing it and are racking up the points deserve it in my opinion.

On the flipside, I have never come across someone who quickscopes for more kills game to game than I seem to get game to game (on an average basis).  Let me know if what I said isn't very clear and maybe I can rephrase it.

coderedonfire

F8 Ender wrote:

On the flipside, I have never come across someone who quickscopes for more kills game to game than I seem to get game to game (on an average basis).  Let me know if what I said isn't very clear and maybe I can rephrase it.

then you havn't bean in a game with me or any other good quickscoper

Everyone seems to forget that QS has been around Call of Duty and other FPS shooters for years now. Ever since early Call of Duty days. My friend was a professional Call of Duty 1 player on PC and that is all he did. Look at halo sniping, QS and no scoping. Its a tactic in a game that is there and everyone just needs to get use to it. Along with drop shotting, using the Type 95 and Akimbo FMG9's. Infitinty Ward put it in the game ladys and gentlemen to fit every kind of player. Just get use to it already, its here to stay.

I'm not a quick scoper.  I usually run around with acr silenced with focus.  I don't find anything wrong with qs'ers.  It's a lot harder than you would think.  I tried to do it in some matches and I can't do as well compared to when I use my acr.  I do respect and admire the style of gameplay.  It's different and it does take some sort of skill to be good at it.  If qs was so easy to do then you would see tons of people doing it. I don't see many compared to the ar and sub guns.  IMO honest opinion if you got killed by a qs'er

They you prob weren't paying attention to your surroundings.   Similar problem people find with the type 95.   Type 95 and qs'ers can kill you quick but if you are aware of

What's going on then you should be able to kill them or at Least stay alive.  There is more to the game than running and gunning.  I know people want

To run and gun but sometimes it isn't the best idea.  If youve been picked off I the middle

Of a map you might want to go around or throw a smoke etc...

Adapt to the situations given to you. 

The one problem I have with qs'ers is that in objective

Maps they tend to just sit back and worry

About their kill score.  You have to know when to drop the rifle and play for the team and

Not just for you kills.

coderedonfire

in a lot of ways, sniping or quickscoping can actually help in objective game types. sniping people that are going to an objective is a deffensive tactic and picking off people that are running around lowers the amount of enemies that the people rushing have to deal with. so in all reality it is acctually a smart thing to have a sniper on the team at all times, it is a sort of support.

Not really a fan of quick scoping personally. I sort of think its a cheap way to abuse the aim assist in the game accompanied by the convenient quickdraw perk.

Wouldn't mind to see it leave, but since i play mainly objective based games (domination mainly), i never really run into any problems playing against people who quick scope. They're easy targets.

People who drop shot, on the other hand, I do not at all care for. Shame they just don't completely remove that type of controller set up from the game and cut the legs off the noobs who use it.

coolwhhhip

Yawn... I have done this 100 times before, but alas, here it is again. It's just so easy right? It's just aim assist right? It takes no skill right? Ok, well there should be no problem at all then with any of you coming up with a video of you doing it and posting it here. It's easy to post video on here and we all have theater, so there should be no excuses. Just go press L2 and R2 at the same time right? Isn't that how it goes? Well then, good. We should be seeing some videos here shortly. I have done this so many times now you would think folks would get tired of this and would want to shut me up, but of course they can't because at the end of the day they are just reactionary types that have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to QS, and they just hate. It's so transparent. Someone with a sniper rifle embarrassed 'em in a match and they came on here to cry about it. So lame. So noob.

call me Retarded, but when i run With my Sniper behind a corner and Tryies to QS FAST! i either miss or get's shoot before i even the the gun up ( yes i got all the perks ).

its Riot Shield / PP10 ''the SMG'' and fast weapon swap all the way for me.

You look at killcam lag way to much, lining up that shot consecutively take ALOT of practice