1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 95 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2012 1:18 PM by agentdenny Go to original post RSS
  • 80. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?
    limonaid

    soooo wrote:

     

    honestly it should not even matter kill the cocksucker and keep it pushing who give a **** whoever gets the kill should get the kill if your teammate got killed by the second chance whore thats unfortunate but oh welllllll

    I don't care either. But to me, I have no problems giving my kills away as long as I don't have to do the majority of the work.

  • 81. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?
    acrididae

    I thought this was about someone having the final stand, and someone else killing them off when they get in it, and the original killer gets an asist?  Idk.  It irritated me in Black ops, but then that was the first CoD game I started playing mp on.  I think they evened it out by giving the original killer the kill, but if it's been in it so long in the series, I don't know why they had to listen to fans on forums ******** to change it?  I guess that's what happened with the famas and galil? lmao  Oh well.  It pisses me off sometimes, just because I'll get more assists in the end, but it's not that bad ,'til someone probably takes advantage of it and does it to piss people off, then I'll see ap oint to complain. lol  I'm not reading tehse pages of pages of ranting ,so I don't know what it's relating to.

  • 82. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?
    starbuckfrack

    Cant remember if I typed this. Pain Meds again

     

    Lets think of it WITHOUT last stand (whatever).

     

    You put a bullet or two in a living guy and no one else gets him then NO ONE gets the points.

     

    You damage someone and lets say you get a semtex up your rear , then you die before completing the kill. Two minutes later some guy finds the damaged player camping in the woods and kills him.

     

    What do you have here on points? Both players get an assist.

     

    So why complain about it just because Last stand is included. Its the EXACT same thing except for the player is not doing much in last stand . Well his is trying to imitate my dog when she has worms trying to wipe her butt on the white rug. Except of course the living room rug now resembles a set of airport runways viewed from a mile up when my dog does it.

     

    Nobody is stealing the kill there because for WHATEVER reason you didnt finish him off. So why does it have to be a bitchfest now that you add a deathstreak in there ? "I deserve points even though I never killed him !!!"

     

    But someone said earlier that is a fact.

     

    If you didnt kill him he isnt dead so no points yet.

     

    Its a team game and everyone is responsible for getting the enemy killed, so whoever does it then great the TEAM got the points.

     

    No offense intended to anyone in this post. I am just making my point now that its my turn at the podium.

     

    And I think I forgot to say this. The POINTS are one thing to me but the KILL should go to the person who killed him. The player who failed should not get the kill in ANY case.

  • 83. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?

    AEon_Xao wrote:

     

    Zurikon wrote:

     

    Their is no such thing in any FPS as killstealing.

    ...

    Also if its a team effort who cares who gets the kill, the point is your TEAM got it. Anyone who complains about kill stealing is just selfish.

     

    Someone didn't read my posts above.  As soon as he's shown he's coming after your leftovers like the bottom feeding scum that he is, he's no longer included in the "team" except by technicality.  He's the one who made it not be a team effort.  This boy often costs the team, by over committing team resources to kill a downed man, rather than carry his own weight on seriously dangerous targets.

     

    Anyhow, there is such a thing as kill stealing, it's a form of griefing.  What it's called is beside the point.  There are times when one is infuriated by the idiotic/cowardly/mean things a team mate will do, loosing all regard for the team game, he's playing solely for himself.  I just found a name for a certain type of leech player who's scrounges for easy kills purposefully avoiding real battle.

     

    We all know, that in Cod, "team" is a very loose term unless you're playing with a dedicated group of players in a party. 

     

    Also, your argument is fail in it's simplicity, "What do you care if the team gets the kill", it cuts both ways you see.  What do YOU care if it's changed?  Selfish prick!

    See, makes it a moot argument.

     

    Team games shouldn't be about individual performance(but they are, due to the need to grind out XP, and false importance placed on personal stats). A true team mate would allow for everyone on their team to advance and level.  These scavenging pests don't do that, they take every opportunity to intrude on another's area, in such a way as to make the team worse as a whole.  Got no run and gun skills?  Camp your corner, that's fine, back yourself into a hole with a shotgun sticking out.  Keep your k/D atleast high enough to not cost the team the win.  That's the respectable thing to do.  Competing with team-mates by being an offensive prick is counter intuitive to the team-play dynamic.

     

    None of us need a boot licking mongrel following us around trying to take the last bite of our steak BEFORE we attempt to hand it over.  Even most dogs understand that is wrong.

    Some of you people really are cretin low life's for not understanding that topic.

     

    Lead, follow, or get out of the way.  Don't try to do the first two, and refuse to do the third, it's cheap and selfish.

    Wow! So out of disagreeing with my opinion you have called me a selfish prick, cretin, and low life.

     

    I've seen this in your other posts. You are extremely mellow dramatic and honestly your opinions and arguments are nothing special. They seem to be nothing more than over dramatic cries of things you don't like, which is fine. But tone it down.

     

    These vultures you speak of are you too. Unless you are in a full party, you have no control over your team and even through communication your bound to have multiple people go after the same guy not knowing. Also out of my playing COD since 2007 and also playing other FPS since the mid 90's I have never seen someone follow someone around and try and leach their kills. Closest thing I've seen to that is two people running around together to double team people for a better chance of survival and winning.

     

    Also unless you lack basic reading comprehension then you will see I have a multi faceted argument based off of several opinions. So it is a bit wrong for you to say my whole argument is "fail" because of the one facet you attacked.

     

    If their is one thing I do not like in this world, it is people like you who think they are smarter than they are and try and act superior because of it. Its evident in your posts you are this way because of your tendency to go the extremes with examples and analogies, to resort to name calling and put downs, and to say peoples entire arguments are somehow wrong in every way instead of stating the truth which would be a disagreement on opinion and left at that. No opinions are right or wrong, their just different opinions.

  • 84. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?
    trialstardragon

    So well put in what you said and how you explained it. But I doubt he will accept it; because his pride and ego will never let that happen. You can tell by the tone of his post and the name calling he has to resort too in order to make his view seem better then anothers.

  • 85. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?

    If someone doesn't shoot him while in final stand he gets up and doesn't die. wasn't a big deal in mw2 isn't in mw3

  • 86. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?

    Zurikon wrote:

     

    AEon_Xao wrote:

     

    Zurikon wrote:

     

    Their is no such thing in any FPS as killstealing.

    ...

    Also if its a team effort who cares who gets the kill, the point is your TEAM got it. Anyone who complains about kill stealing is just selfish.

     

    Someone didn't read my posts above.  As soon as he's shown he's coming after your leftovers like the bottom feeding scum that he is, he's no longer included in the "team" except by technicality.  He's the one who made it not be a team effort.  This boy often costs the team, by over committing team resources to kill a downed man, rather than carry his own weight on seriously dangerous targets.

     

    Anyhow, there is such a thing as kill stealing, it's a form of griefing.  What it's called is beside the point.  There are times when one is infuriated by the idiotic/cowardly/mean things a team mate will do, loosing all regard for the team game, he's playing solely for himself.  I just found a name for a certain type of leech player who's scrounges for easy kills purposefully avoiding real battle.

     

    We all know, that in Cod, "team" is a very loose term unless you're playing with a dedicated group of players in a party. 

     

    Also, your argument is fail in it's simplicity, "What do you care if the team gets the kill", it cuts both ways you see.  What do YOU care if it's changed?  Selfish prick!

    See, makes it a moot argument.

     

    Team games shouldn't be about individual performance(but they are, due to the need to grind out XP, and false importance placed on personal stats). A true team mate would allow for everyone on their team to advance and level.  These scavenging pests don't do that, they take every opportunity to intrude on another's area, in such a way as to make the team worse as a whole.  Got no run and gun skills?  Camp your corner, that's fine, back yourself into a hole with a shotgun sticking out.  Keep your k/D atleast high enough to not cost the team the win.  That's the respectable thing to do.  Competing with team-mates by being an offensive prick is counter intuitive to the team-play dynamic.

     

    None of us need a boot licking mongrel following us around trying to take the last bite of our steak BEFORE we attempt to hand it over.  Even most dogs understand that is wrong.

    Some of you people really are cretin low life's for not understanding that topic.

     

    Lead, follow, or get out of the way.  Don't try to do the first two, and refuse to do the third, it's cheap and selfish.

    Wow! So out of disagreeing with my opinion you have called me a selfish prick, cretin, and low life.

     

    I've seen this in your other posts. You are extremely mellow dramatic and honestly your opinions and arguments are nothing special. They seem to be nothing more than over dramatic cries of things you don't like, which is fine. But tone it down.

     

    These vultures you speak of are you too. Unless you are in a full party, you have no control over your team and even through communication your bound to have multiple people go after the same guy not knowing. Also out of my playing COD since 2007 and also playing other FPS since the mid 90's I have never seen someone follow someone around and try and leach their kills. Closest thing I've seen to that is two people running around together to double team people for a better chance of survival and winning.

     

    Also unless you lack basic reading comprehension then you will see I have a multi faceted argument based off of several opinions. So it is a bit wrong for you to say my whole argument is "fail" because of the one facet you attacked.

     

    If their is one thing I do not like in this world, it is people like you who think they are smarter than they are and try and act superior because of it. Its evident in your posts you are this way because of your tendency to go the extremes with examples and analogies, to resort to name calling and put downs, and to say peoples entire arguments are somehow wrong in every way instead of stating the truth which would be a disagreement on opinion and left at that. No opinions are right or wrong, their just different opinions.

    No, you're just bad at reading.

    Check the underlined parts again.

    I'm not calling you a prick, It's a sarcastic use of the argument that has no merit.  you said I shouldn't care, yet you obviously do care.  Sorry to break the news to you, but your vote counts the same as mine. 

     

    Pointing out a argument rooted in falacy is not melodrama.

     

    Melodramatic =/= using a lot of words.

    Maybe you should look up big words before you use them.  I know you didn't this time because you made it two seperate words.  Yeah, I'm the one with the reading problem...

    I exagerate nothing, nor am I simply stiring up drama for the sake of drama itself.

     

    If you want to debate, counter my points.

     

    You've never seen a vulture?  And you claim to be an aged gamer.  You're either lying, too blind to see what goes on in the game around you, or are just lucky, or play with a dedicated team. 

     

    Even at that:

    If you haven't seen them, that does not fundamentally mean they don't exist.  I've never seen an elephant.

     

    That's 1 facet demolished.

     

    What were your others again?  Callign me "mellow dramatic"?  Is that even an argument?  Discrediting me as a person does not invalidate my points.  For the sake of argument, we'll say you're right(which your not), I'm melodramatic.  That doesn't mean I'm wrong if I say 2+2 = 4.  It's a logical fallacy(if you want to seriously debate a point, you may want to look up a few before posting, just so you don't continue to make as many mistakes as humanly possible).

     

    Lets narrow it down, or rather, start over, as it were.

     

    You want vultures to retain their power, I want the dev's to pony up a solution that retains the legitimacy of someone cleaning up a discarded kill(IE not even trying to kill the guy in final stand), yet give the original shooter a chance to finish the kill and get credit.

     

    I cite giving credit where it's due(normally society approves of such things, does it not?).  If I do over 100 points on anyone else(except someone with a ballistics vest) I get the kill.  That's it, end of story. Same goes for however many points Ballistic Vest users have.  When I hit that limit, I get the kill.(held in reserve of course, until actual death OR the time limit expires).

     

    I do allow, that if someone were to run off and leave the body there, sure, give the kill to the guy playing janitor.  That's why I suggested, that if someone else shoots him immediately, the kill goes to the original shooter, and if after half the time of final stand, the kill goes to the clean-up guy.  It allows for legit clean-up, and discourages immediate theft.  ONLY the vulture loses out here.

     

    That's my argument for you to counter.  Go ahead.  Attempt to explain to me how doing minimal damage is worthy of shifting ALL kill credit to someone else, experience, score, weapon XP...it's ridiculous.

     

    Difficulty:  No shifting goal posts or otherwise employing your demonstrated affinity for logical fallacies as you've done through the rest of the thread.

  • 87. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?

    trialstardragon wrote:

     

    So well put in what you said and how you explained it. But I doubt he will accept it; because his pride and ego will never let that happen. You can tell by the tone of his post and the name calling he has to resort too in order to make his view seem better then anothers.

    My "tone" ?

     

    LoL.

  • 88. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?
    greencoffin72

    I could care less who gets the kill.  Final Stand, Last Chance, Second Chance, I'mabadkidandneedeveryadvantagetodowell, whatevers...

     

    It shouldn't be there in the first place.

     

    IW < 3ARC, but that's another topic.

  • 89. Re: Should the one who puts a player in Final Stand get the kill?

    greencoffin72 wrote:

     

    I could care less who gets the kill.  Final Stand, Last Chance, Second Chance, I'mabadkidandneedeveryadvantagetodowell, whatevers...

     

    It shouldn't be there in the first place.

     

    IW < 3ARC, but that's another topic.

    At least you're not callign it a "reward" like some around here.

    It's a helping hand, for one kill, that's all.

     

    Sometimes even a good player can get stuck in a rut, a bad spawntrap session, low level prestige(no blind eye) can really get you decimated in a hurry, or just lag.

     

    I just dislike final stand.  It's the only deathstreak that messes with how points are distributed among the enemy.   In part, I dislike dead man's hand as well, but that's only the immortal while transitioning.  Snipe a guy in the face while he's falling?  That should end Final or Dead Man's right then and there.

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next