1 2 3 4 Previous Next 97 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2012 1:44 AM by pet1555 Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

I don't see why everyone is against me, I am trying to aware people that this glitch is bad and it CAN get you banned. Please do not post on this thread if your just 'assuming' that you know what your talkin about. I'm not trying to scare anyone, just awareing them.

Im trying to keep to the Call of Duty Forum Code of Conduct, so im not trying to appeal about my ban, I know I did something wrong and ill pay the punishment. Just here to warn people about it... that is all.

• 11. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

I will admit that i did jump the gun without reading the video description, but still dont think even -200 tokens would warrant a premanent account ban with at leat an initial temp ban and reset, As Robert bowling himself said several........SEVERAL times on his twitter. So if it is in fact true that the person in the video was banned for a 1 time in game offence of glitching and absolutely nothing else. Then that is trully something to fear. Especially for people that most likely just got MW3 60$, a year subscription 60$, and possibly call of duty elite premium 50$.

I still would like to believe that Robert bowling was telling the truth, I am interested (if this video is true) how robert will explain his previous comments.

• 12. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

And again sorry for being so rude, It just seems to rediculous for me to believe. Especially since nearly everyone I Know has done the glitch, though maybe not as excessive as 200 times.

• 13. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>
    gallp13

Van strong suggest you read the following link

http://community.callofduty.com/message/205270435#205270435

I'm sure your will learn 2 valuable tid bits

1. Wise men base their views on facts

2. Pet is in command of the facts and so is wise

I'm sure Pet will read your next post with some interest. I am sure you are a decent fellow and will not disappoint. Now where's my snifter...

Warm Regards

• 14. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

Vantier wrote:

I will admit that i did jump the gun without reading the video description, but still dont think even -200 tokens would warrant a premanent account ban with at leat an initial temp ban and reset, As Robert bowling himself said several........SEVERAL times on his twitter. So if it is in fact true that the person in the video was banned for a 1 time in game offence of glitching and absolutely nothing else. Then that is trully something to fear. Especially for people that most likely just got MW3 60$, a year subscription 60$, and possibly call of duty elite premium 50$.

I still would like to believe that Robert bowling was telling the truth, I am interested (if this video is true) how robert will explain his previous comments.

RB has nothing to explain.

MS band and Developer bans from their game are two seperate entities both enforcing their rights to deny service for whatever they deem necessary.

IW is not tied to MS standards in this matter, nor Visa Versa.  The only limitation is that IW can not ban you from Bungie games(unless they report directly to MS, and in that case, MS is doing the banning), their decision is limited to their own product only.

• 15. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>
    starbuckfrack

Vantier

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41/t/173595.aspx

See the quotes from the MS PET in black ? (couldnt change the red part)

Your account was permanently suspended for system tampering.  Please refer to the Code of Conduct, specifically the following sections:

-     Don't cheat in a game

-     Don't modify or hack game content to create cheats

-     Don’t make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents

-     Don't intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods to help inflate your game rank or gamerscore

This Xbox LIVE account has been permanently suspended due to unauthorized modification of your Gamertag, avatar or other profile data.

These modifications may include, but are not limited to:

-     Altering the appearance of your Gamertag or avatar outside of the default parameters

-     Illegitimate gain of achievements or avatar awards

-     Application of watermarks or other special identifiers that were not legitimately granted

-     Unauthorized manipulation of in-game parameters

---------------------------------------

Do you happen to notice that the link above DOES state that the player was banned for somethin as simple AS CHEATING ?

Cheating is insignificant but they still ban for it.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41/t/173663.aspx

Above was banned for modifying / hacking game content to create cheats. Cant get much clearer than that.

Palademic

I read the quoted email you got and from experience I can tell you its legit. But you already know that.

Just for your Sake you may want to stress in your comment MORE that this was not a ban from IW or Activision but an email from MICROSOFT and you got Your MICROSOFT ACCOUNT BANNED FROM XBOX LIVE.

It just seems to many of the jerks on the youtube page are not understanding it was not just a game ban. At least you could reply to them and say "how much more clear do you need it "

As for the people that "never got banned for 4 years, Blah blah blah". Dont listen to them cause they are full of BS. They just never got reported yet. Even on the ban forums you got people saying they "never got banned for 5 years , so why NOW "

• 16. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>
    starbuckfrack

Vantier

I read your new "apology response " so I take my statement back and will edit it.

But you have to remember that Rob Bowling and IW are NOT Microsoft. IW may let some things slide like the Clan Tag thing. But Microsoft owns the service and they WILL ban for it once they see it..

Only things like Communication and offensive Gamertags get some kind of warning, temp ban. But modding, glitching or cheating on MSs Terms is a serious instant ban.

• 17. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

But as the joker would say "why so serious?".

I dont see why they would give such a permanent punishment for something so small. And why they would do so with absolutely no warning or initial temp ban.

The only things i could understand is

1. A Fear tactic, but then why did they pick him (Unless he is working for them, and was told to upload a video to youtube about it, which is a little to big of a conspiracy theory lol)

2. It was because of how excessively the glitch was abused, not simply because he used it.

I will and have freely admitted to using the glitch until -6. I made a thread about it and have been trying to contact robert bowling, infinity ward support, etc. trying to force a stat reset so i dont have to wait a possible doom. So I once again I will admit i was rude but it was mostly just out of disbelief and anger so i am sorry.

• 18. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

Its all good mate, thanks for your comment.

• 19. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

Also to clear things up. I'm the person who got banned, not Palademic. Palademic just reposted my video from my last thread which I thank him for, because it raises the awareness.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next