1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 97 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2012 1:44 AM by pet1555 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

(Sigh) lol

Well I just hope i dont get perma banned like that.

And again, another reason i find this hard to believe is because of how many people frequently glitched and boosted in mw2 but were never banned like this.

• 21. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>
    starbuckfrack

BTW Vantier You also will lose all DLC, MS points, Time left, etc. All the time and money put into the account.

Back in 2009 MS banned 1 million players for a thing related to MW2. And they did it in the blink of an eye. People who just Jtagged their xbox to only do the Gamertag buttons got banned right alongside the players who did it to run hacked copies of the games.

MS doesnt mess around , tis true.

BTW I edited my post, could you do the same on your post for the sake of the OP ?

• 22. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

Who care's why?

Agree or disargee with policy, it can, does, and will happen. 

I for one, agree with it.  People that will cheat need to learn a lesson.  I'm perfectly fine with lifetime bans.  As far as punishment goes, it's really not all that bad.  Buy new box(if it's a full console ban), buy new gamertag, and don't cheat.

For those of us that don't, it ends up a better environment, if they catch and scare enough people.

• 23. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>
    starbuckfrack

Reply to the post

But as the joker would say "why so serious?".

Microsoft will tell you "your first warning was the Terms of Use and Code of Conduct you agreed to when you made your gamertag.

Back in MW2 days Microsoft was still banning people for cheating etc. in the game, just like how people are AGAIN getting banned for a new WaW glitch like they did in August of 2011. Kind of like a new wave I guess.

I believe IW wasnt doing much on it because of the legal battle and people walking out the door. They just let it ride and hoped Blops would help them recover. Once money cam in to gire new IW people you may have noticed all of a sudden a patch cam out for MW2 in the summer , one year late

ADDITION Vatier, you have to remeber too MS has an official Why was I banned forum. Activison has a "no appeal posting" policy. Most likely THAT is why we dont see posts hear about that. In Blops forum some posts got outright removed as well as some others just got locked.

That could be why we dont see the "Why banned " post since they MAY auto block postings of Gamertags from Elite since the sign in process holds your Gamertag and forum name together. Once your banned from the game you might not be able to post here again under the same email address ????

• 24. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

Vantier wrote:

(Sigh) lol

Well I just hope i dont get perma banned like that.

And again, another reason i find this hard to believe is because of how many people frequently glitched and boosted in mw2 but were never banned like this.

1. A fact does not require Belief.

2. Some people get away with glitching or boosting, because they're difficult to detect/prove.  It's not like MS/IW only ban a few on purpose, everyone they find will recieve some sort of punishment.

3. It's not like people actually think cheating in one form or another is legit.  They're miscreants who do it on purpose, thinking that catching them is impossible/unlikely, much to their dismay when they are caught. 

Saying you don't understand is like saying you don't understand how any given law is punishable, theft, murder.  It's all the same principle, and very few people are mentally ill enough to not understand the why it's wrong to cheat in the first place.  Most of the people that do these things are vain and stupid, period.  They just do, they don't think.  They will think next time, unless they're rich enough to not care and will just continue to cheat, get banned, cheat, get banned, etc.

Stupidity and ignorance of the law are not legal defense.  Inability to mentally distinguish right from wrong may be a defense, but that's a rarer condition than one might think.

• 25. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>
    WantedMan

You cheat  you glitch you pay.......I laugh my a$$ off.. you asked yourself " could i get banned for this before you did it "  dont say you didnt!!! so let the hammer fall...you should have to start over from 000000000

• 26. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

K well, im not sure what i should edit because so many people started commenting i dont know whats going on anymore lol so im not going to edit my post.

I would just like to ask 1 thing. lol

Can anyone here plz put me in contact with someone that can reset my account, that way obvoiusly i can avoid being banned from xbox live, and so that i can just go on with my daily life without worrying that i could be banned or reset at any time. So plz, if any moderators or anyone knows someone that can help me get this done and over with that would be great.plz?

• 27. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>
    WantedMan

Take your lumps and deal with it...you cheattin______

• 28. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

A reset, or even a ban from IW does not mean that MS will not ban you as well.  May lower your chances, but it's not a guarantee.  If anyone reported you to MS, odds are you'll get investigated and banned, eventually.

• 29. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

Actually it was 2am in the morning so i wasnt exactly thinking clearly and my friend showed me how to do it, so i was like ok lets try and see if it worked.It was kind of a curiosity spur of the moment whatever kind of thing. I immediatly regretted it after i realized that it would show a negative amount of prestige tokens"

so, In my case i Actually asked myself "Can i get banned for this" after i did the glitch......so yeah lol

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next