1 18 19 20 21 22 Previous Next 276 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2012 8:02 AM by nflfenatic Go to original post RSS
  • 190. Re: Optimizing your connection on the Xbox - The Elagaphant strikes back  (updated 29th Dec)
    Nubdub

    Thank you for your insight and knowledge dexter1992. Its good to see someone out there who actually knows what they are talking about.

  • 191. Re: Optimizing your connection on the Xbox - The Elagaphant strikes back  (updated 29th Dec)
    gallp13

    It's all Greek to me I jeez like shootin' gernz....;)

  • 192. Re: Optimizing your connection on the Xbox - The Elagaphant strikes back  (updated 29th Dec)
    maccabi

    Nubdub wrote:

     

    Thank you for your insight and knowledge dexter1992. Its good to see someone out there who actually knows what they are talking about.

    you agreeing with dexter in a poor attempt to discredit me just makes you both look like *REDACTED*'s... nubdub your input on this thread is about as welcome as dose of herpes. While i appreciate the time and effort you put into trolling me ulitmately you are nothing more than a minor irritation, that anyone even cursed with your level of iq could see is nothing more than a pitiful attempt at stealth trolling.

  • 193. Re: Optimizing your connection on the Xbox - The Elagaphant strikes back  (updated 29th Dec)

    lol, what you posted was exactly how I knew you would take it. You say I am confuzing the two, can you even read? The reason I brought up the blind proxy is so if esmorgue can't get the welcome page to authenticate that he was using OpenDNS then his ISP may be running a blind proxy. At that point I was no longer talking about OpenDNS's lookup times. Can't believe I have to explain this right now. And I know how UDP packets are sent as they are the packets that just get sent and need no ack, basically the dumb packet. The fact that you ramble about DNS makes it look like you think it will actually help. No it won't and I would like to see a test showing any great improvement but you were just adding your 2 cents again. Even if the DNS change shaved off 3ms of latency you would say it would help. So I can go from yellow bar to green by changing DNS, no. Why even talk about it when you know it won't help, and no one would notice the difference as it is so miniscule.

     

    What's funny is that you completely skipped over the blind proxy which I corrected you on, and didn't even acknowledge you were wrong. You sound like a UDP packet. Everything I said was correct and I just finished my first semester of a 72 credit networking course. So sorry if I am not 100% on every aspect of networking and I know you aren't as well. Second, I meant OpenDNS has a database which is from the caches. I didn't say caches because I didn't think you would know what I meant.

     

    Everything I said to esmorgue was true, yet you say everything is wrong, when I had to correct you about the blind proxy.

     

    With your 8 years of knowledge I would not want you because you would not even be able to get OpenDNS working on Sprint, lol. Kidding,I would want your help but is seems these jokes are our thing now.

     

    Instead of fighting me on every comment just becaue you think I am trying to make you look bad or something, well I am not I could care less. You could further provide insight without rude remarks. You seem like a smart person and I would only want to help you or learn from you, But it's your contant name calling and wierd remarks on me even when what I am saying is true strikes a nerve in me, Maybe instead of fighting we could work together but that possiblility has past I guess. No one knows everything about this stuff. Except CISCO, lol.

     

    Considering next semester is Jan 9th, I will make my own thread on networking. It will be called Optimizing your connection, the pack of lions resist the strike of the elephant who has already had too many peanuts, and succeded, the T-Rex comes to finish the remains.. I will use my CISCO books, will that be good enough for you? lol.

     

    It will be fun and a great learning experience for me. Thanks maccabi for existing, you give me greater purpose to learn and for that I thank you.

     

    P.S. You never answered my MTU question, I figured you would be able to. Maybe not.

     

    P.S.S I really hope that wasn't you on that video, otherwise I will just never come to these forums again. I will stick with the maturity of DSLReports if so. Plus they actually work.

  • 194. Re: Optimizing your connection on the Xbox - The Elagaphant strikes back  (updated 29th Dec)

    As much as he may be trolling I corrected you on somehting you thought was "cow poop" lol.  You leanrned something from me maccabi a first year student. Gives me a warm feeling inside, you must hate it but it's there inside you. The knowledge you just learned from me.

  • 195. Re: Optimizing your connection on the Xbox - The Elagaphant strikes back  (updated 29th Dec)
    maccabi

    dexter1992 wrote:

    P.S. You never answered my MTU question, I figured you would be able to. Maybe not.

     

    Actually you're right sorry i missed the fact you replied again, routers or as you mentoned them isps dont add to a packet

     

     

    dexter1992 wrote:

     

     

    P.S.S I really hope that wasn't you on that video, otherwise I will just never come to these forums again. I will stick with the maturity of DSLReports if so.

    obviously not but i did not how quick you were to jump on the bash maccabi bandwagon, in doing so you and the CBG just made yourselves look like *REDACTED*   (again)

    always been a big problem for you that beleiving everything you read on the net hasnt it

     

     

     

    dexter1992 wrote:

     

     

     

    Considering next semester is Jan 9th, I will make my own thread on networking. It will be called Optimizing your connection, the pack of lions strike the elephant, or T-Rex srtikes the elephant idk yet. I will use my CISCO books, will that be good enough for you? lol.

     

     

    you did thats how we bumped heads you were posting factually incorrect stuff , remember and im sure i already had this discussion with you on the old blops forums, i did say then and ill say it here props for the stuff you do for the ps3 community, i am really out of my comfort zzone with ps3's so its nice  someones out there offering tips and stuff BUT if you are telling people stuff make sure you add disclaimers if its not 100% factual and or if what you suggest could mess their consoles/networks up.

     

     

    dexter1992 wrote:

     

    lol, what you posted was exactly how I knew you would take it. You say I am confuzing the two, can you even read? The reason I brought up the blind proxy is so if esmorgue can't get the welcome page to authenticate that he was using OpenDNS then his ISP may be running a blind proxy. At that point I was no longer talking about OpenDNS's lookup times. Can't believe I have to explain this right now. And I know how UDP packets are sent as they are the packets that just get sent and need no ack, basically the dumb packet. The fact that you ramble about DNS makes it look like you think it will actually help. No it won't and I would like to see a test showing any great improvement but you were just adding your 2 cents again. Even if the DNS change shaved off 3ms of latency you would say it would help. So I can go from yellow bar to green by changing DNS, no. Why even talk about it when you know it won't help, and no one would notice the difference as it is so miniscule.

     

     

     

    see this is pat of why you irrate the heck out of me at times you dont actually check stuff yourself and just jump on the bandwaggons, and yes that is another dig at your comment on that "maccabi video" have you actually read exactly what i wrote on this thread about dns i would say no so ill again as you ignore it the last time i copied it..

     

    after explaining what DNS is i wrote

    "In theory depending on your connection, you may or may not find matchmaking is slightly faster and the game is slightly better, if you have a super best money can buy connection already you prolly wont notice that much if any of a difference but again, you have optimized the connection for xbox somewhat will knock a few ms off your usual ping."

     

    so your comments above are completely pointless i have never once said its a miracle cure and was very clear it wont really make a difference , but it has optpmized your connection which this entire thread is about as much as people try to twist it into im selling game fixes, but saying that as i said it might help abit with matchmaking which is one major issues with mw3.

     

    its the same sort of optmizing as adding 4 pennies under your xbox will help the air flow, you wont notice any major differences but the cooling just works better. 

     

    please stop trying to find fault where there isnt any it serves no purpose, and again getting back to my previous comments in regards to your own posts i add and explain EXACTLY what something does or wont do before posting it so people arent confused, (obviously in the case of yourself and the CBG that obvious pat eluded you)

     

     

    dexter1992 wrote:

     

     

     

    What's funny is that you completely skipped over the blind proxy which I corrected you on, and didn't even acknowledge you were wrong. You sound like a UDP packet. Everything I said was correct and I just finished my first semester of a 72 credit networking course. So sorry if I am not 100% on every aspect of networking and I know you aren't as well. Second, I meant OpenDNS has a database which is from the caches. I didn't say caches because I didn't think you would know what I meant.

     

     

    see you say skipped, i say ignored as i did totally inore it the fact you googled opendns and read a few bits on their website doesnt make you an expert, a fact i already explained was half the stuff you are /were talking about is to do with domain names (urls) and has no bearing on anything, i dont even know why you are so hung up on opendns, its a great service if you are web browsing thats about it, for what we are using differeny dns servers for its as good as any others if it returns good results.

     

    and your right you arent 100% on every aspect of networking and seeing as you just started your course i wouldnt expect you to be either mate, but then as i said before (and accuse the arrogance now) you're discussing issues with me who holds a certification that less than 1% networking "professionals" worldwide hold so im pretty certian i gots a pretty good understanding of anything you can come up with but as much as we banter back and forth said this before on the blops forums you ever want any help with stuff on your course id be more than willing to assist you , and just think in 10 years time when you hopefully reach the level and expereince ive got you too can come onto gaming forums and get berated by people who really shouldnt bother.

     

     

    dexter1992 wrote:

     

     

    Instead of fighting me on every comment just becaue you think I am trying to make you look bad or something, well I am not I could care less. You could further provide insight without rude remarks. You seem like a smart person and I would only want to help you or learn from you, But it's your contant name calling and wierd remarks on me even when what I am saying is true strikes a nerve in me, Maybe instead of fighting we could work together but that possiblility has past I guess. No one knows everything about this stuff. Except CISCO, lol.

     

     

     

     


    please dont assume my corrections and ignoring is"fighting" or that just because you think something is right means it is , and yes the same goes for me i make a mistake id love someone to point out im only about 99.99% correct 99.995% of the time

    heres an olive branch ill stop the name calling with you ok theres common ground, you stop posting irrelavant crap about website domains and like the CBG assuming this thread is offering game fixes then we will get along rainbows and unicorns.

     


  • 196. Re: Optimizing your connection on the Xbox - The Elagaphant strikes back  (updated 29th Dec)

    Fistly I would like to apologize for that video remark it was stupid but I assumed it was you because I thought people on the 360 forums knew your gamertag. I wasn't sure and I said your name so my bad.

     

    I think the nature of what we are trying to do has issues. What I type is not exactly what I meant or am trying to say. Especially when adding in the networking aspect.

     

    OpenDNS is most likley the best DNS server to use which is why I said it. With that being said, some ISP's currently run a blind proxy that re-grabs, hijacks, or redirect the packets to their DNS addresses. In my case that was the case, thankfully my cradlepoint router has a a bypass for it, and has an OpenDNS tunnel so my router can play a role with the DNS.

     

    Or if you don't have a router you could run a PowerDNS recurser oy your PC. Which becomes a local DNS cache on the local machine. If your ISP does such thing.

     

    And I didn't google OpenDNS, I actually figured out all this 2 years ago when I stated Sprint 3G. I actually am more into the wireless aspect of networking. I love that stuff, I have just started 9 chapters into CISCO and I will admit it's hard to understand, but I am told it will all mesh soon, I guess we will see.

     

    When did you start to find everything meshing, as you have been through it all?

  • 197. Re: Optimizing your connection on the Xbox - The Elagaphant strikes back  (updated 29th Dec)
    maccabi

    Nubdub wrote:

     

    Dexter, don't waste your time arguing with this turd wrangler.

    i dont think dexter and i are actually arguing we've done this sort of back and forth for quite a few months and if you notice i do actually give him props quite alot , unlike some people i could mention i actually have respect for dexter he (again unlike some people i could mention) actually isnt what id consider a waste of air.

     

    on that note dexter  will reply to you tomorrow im off to bed

  • 198. Re: Optimizing your connection on the Xbox - The Elagaphant strikes back  (updated 29th Dec)

    From what I've read and skimmed through (I haven't read the whole thing), this seems to be correct except for the fact that "speeding up your connection" (making your ping better) does not give you an advantage, but a disadvantage due to the "lag compensation" from IW. In essence, the crappier your connection is, the more of an advantage you have. Think, "lag switch".

1 18 19 20 21 22 Previous Next