1 2 3 4 Previous Next 106 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2012 8:55 AM by azdaniel33 Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Consequences for doing Unlimited Prestige Token Glitch *CONFIRMED*

It doesn't show how good you are. If you can get kills, you can prestige. Even shitty players with 0.5 K/D and a 0.25 Win ratio still prestige.

If it's a permaban by gamertag, oh well, new gamertag.

If it's a console ban, I'll get a new one.

If it's an IP ban, I'll change my IP.

If it's a MAC ban, I'll get a new one.

If it's an ELITE ban, well, I just won't buy it again. It really isn't worth the money.

(IF I'm not tired of the game by then, that is... Which, I'm almost to that point anyway.)

If it's not a ban and turns out to be just a stats reset, well, I sure would enjoy my stats reset to be honest. IF they do a stats reset, that means I don't have to reach prestige 10 to get a reset! Did you give that one a thought? Looks like I win no matter what, and you complain about it no matter what.

I really don't care what actually goes down. I just like to play devil's advocate. I think it's so funny when people RAGE over stupid crap. It only shows how immature people are.

• 11. Re: Consequences for doing Unlimited Prestige Token Glitch *CONFIRMED*
    PRaNK5STa7

Yeah anyone can prestige but it will take you a lot longer to get to 10th if you suck. You will get there a lot quicker if your good.

You should watch the Original Post's video, he says 2 day gamertag ban and stat reset. So nothing to be concerned about for you.

But as I said from the start I think your safe. IW and Activision are probably not going to punish you because there will be a risk of financial lost to hitting so many at one time.

• 12. Re: Consequences for doing Unlimited Prestige Token Glitch *CONFIRMED*

Its not all about "YOU", old hag. (haha) sorry

He was talking about the community.  Since you are defending YOURSELF, probably you did the glitch yourself.  You're just blahing about the cons and find ways to make yourself happy.

BUT!!

You are forgetting the other little kid who plays.

The one who:

If it's a permaban, (Mommy my account got ban, need money for gold again).

If it's a console ban, (Mommy I can't play online, need new console).

If it's an IP ban, (Mommy I we need new internet? lmao).

If it's a MAC ban, (Mommy, mac ban is console ban so I can't play online and need new console).

If it's an ELITE ban, well, I just won't buy it again. It really isn't worth the money. (Mommy I need money for DLC but I can't get online and need new console, to play a game I don't even like to play??? lmao). (Sound like a troll)

rock.theory wrote:

I really don't care what actually goes down. I just like to play devil's advocate. I think it's so funny when people RAGE over stupid crap. It only shows how immature people are.

I like to comment when there some immature/stubborn people who don't know when to shut up and except when they are wrong.

• 13. Re: Consequences for doing Unlimited Prestige Token Glitch *CONFIRMED*

Well that what mr bowling (aka fourtwozero) says on this twitter so you're correct.

• 14. Re: Consequences for doing Unlimited Prestige Token Glitch *CONFIRMED*

I wouldn't exactly say defending myself, but I see how you can view it that way.

Yes, I did the glitch. It's hilarious. I do things like that all the time. I am a Software/Hardware engineer and I like to point out flaws and "break" things (i.e. make things do what said things are not supposed to do). The exploitation stops when someone will be at a real life loss. I will never steal finances or resources or anything from anyone.

I had a jailbroken iPhone

I have a rooted Droid

I make "hacks" for computer games

I designed and built (dismantled after having a little fun) my own auto/rapid fire controller

I glitch outside maps

etc etc etc

Stupid examples, but the pattern is that I mod everything to my liking. I have fun, poke around, learn. If I see something that can be exploited, and it's not harmful, I usually will enjoy myself for a while.

I agree, it's going to suck for the little kiddies that get banned, if that even happens.

As I previously stated, it doesn't really matter to me what happens, but it's unlikely anything drastic or permanent will happen due to a potentially large financial loss on the devolpers part.

Also, you're apparently implying that I'm "wrong" about something, but about what?

P.S. Prank, by sucking and getting to 10th prestige yes it takes longer but you still can do it. What's the difference between a 10th prestige with a 4:1 K/D and a 10th prestige with a 0.5 K/D. Aside KD or score, really nothing. It all looks the same. It doesn't prove any skill. It's just an inconsequential time factor.that people have wet dreams about.

• 15. Re: Consequences for doing Unlimited Prestige Token Glitch *CONFIRMED*

So... They are banning and resetting people who have abused a glitch in their **** game?

Wow, the only reason half the people are still playing is cause they like the brand name, the coding is bad, the music is utterly terrible, the lag and guns are horrible. You set a new low for cod, WaW is in my opinion the best one, followed by cod6, then black ops, then cod4, then this **** one. It is a sub-standard game, and you think a ban and reset to those who abuse your coding is right? Your dev team are stupid enough to make school boy errors in your game, and school boys are just showing that up arent they. Might want to correct your game, make it better than the previous cod, fix the hundereds of errors brought to your attention by the players who play day in day out, and then think of a sensible solution... Maybe get rid of your **** developers and hire ones that are better, or better yet just completley get rid of prestige tokens.

Plus, in your T&C, it doesnt state ingame exploits/glitches anywhere? Only out of system ones, such as J-Tags and hacking your account to gain an advantage... Your game is wank, i paid for elite and tbh i regret it. Your game is seriously below the black ops mark, and i got highest prestige legit aswell...

Seriously, to save your game and save your users, sort this game out!

• 16. Re: Consequences for doing Unlimited Prestige Token Glitch *CONFIRMED*
    trialstardragon

Prestige means nothing in these games and never did. It is not some title of honor or badge of playing well. Anyone can reach any prestige in the game if they play long enough. So in fact prestige is just a marketing method to keep you playing until the dlc comes out in hopes you will spend more money on the dlc. Otherwise prestige itself is uselss and has no real other purpose but to keep you hooked into the game until the dlc or next one comes out.

Prestige does not mean your good at the game. I laugh when ever anyone of higher prestige comes in and tries to act like they are cool or awesome. I laugh even more when after the round is done they are not at the top or even near it in many cases.

Prestige means nothing, rank means nothing. They are nothing but placeholders for how long you played the game.

I am an average player, I made it to 15/50 in BO and did most of taht with out even needing to play during the dxp weekends. Did getting there have any special reasons, no, since they removed the prestige playlists from that game.

But then again none of that matters, there will always be those willing to cheat their way to the top because they know that some fool with think highly of their so called skills because of a prestige emblem by their name. And some do it so they can sell the account for points. As was a rampant problem in Halo 3.

• 17. Re: Consequences for doing Unlimited Prestige Token Glitch *CONFIRMED*
    owiseguyo

I can almost guarentee that everyone who is upset with this or against the resets/bans are the ones who used this glitch.

The bottem line is that abusing glitches is against microsofts ToS. Something we all agreed to obey when we first started to play games online. It doesnt matter if the devs of a game overlooked some coding. Its your fault for abusing it and therefore should be punished according to the ToS. No one who did this glitch did it by accident therefore everyone who did it should be reset. I am against bans since we did pay a good amount of money for the game and for first offences, thats a bit extreme.

If you do get banned or reset, you have no one to blame but yourself. If you dont get banned, just remember that glitching can result in consequences and you should think before you decide to try it again.

• 18. Re: Consequences for doing Unlimited Prestige Token Glitch *CONFIRMED*

if they do reset players they should do what is right and reset them to exactaly where they were b4 they did the glitch

• 19. Re: Consequences for doing Unlimited Prestige Token Glitch *CONFIRMED*

Look guys, I just came here to share the information.i understand everyone of you, becasue i also have mixed feelings about this, i think all the consequences are fair except for the rank reset all tthe way to level 1 no prestige, i think they should set you back 1 or 2 prestiges but thats just my oppinion. Thank you to everyone who has viewed this thread and left their own opinion!

1 2 3 4 Previous Next