19 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2012 3:38 AM by xinohun RSS

Cheating to Win Elite Competitions.

Just curious as to how Activision and Treyarch are handling the obvious rampant cheating and boosting that is going on during Elite competitions now tha they are giving out prizes. I played in on December 30th (King of the Hill) I see they disqualified the cheater who won at first, but when I checked his name again today He still had 34 days of Double XP and his stats weren't reset? The third place winner who's now the second place person, Who I played against is a most definate modder. I played in at least 3 games with this guy and watched the theater on this one and this guy knew where everyone was even without a UAV or AUAV up. The theater and the killcams proved it. He would win like 9 games in a row and lose 1-2 and maybe 3 because he was match hopping to get more kills?

What gives???

• Re: Cheating to Win Elite Competitions.

He could have used portable radar? Or sitrep pro that points a direction on where the people come from.

Chrisern wrote:

Or sitrep pro that points a direction on where the people come from.

Huh? Sitrep Pro makes enemies louder doesn't it?

I've seen some pretty gnarly aim assist kill cams. Perhaps he's using something to enhance his? Who knows, and if there's no proof we can speculate and say what we want all day long.

vTc Goose

"That's two O's in Goose"

theatriks

They handle the winners of operations very well, no need to worry.

Beach Head, and IW/Sledgehammer are two different companies. Beach head isn't responsible for resetting game stats.

There's no way you can know if someone is a 'modder' just by watching Theater and seeing that they know where people are. Could be any number of explanations.

If there is cheating going on im sure the company's involved will be able to find out if players are cheating.

i have had plp accuse me of cheating for killing them when there were assasin and blind eye ect.

the chances are this guy just did what i do play lots of games varying maps and watch the lemmings on the other team.

i.e the general population of this game are so predictable same corners same rooms ect

i have a neat little route through lockdown and 8 / 10 games i can do the whole team in 30 to 45 secs from the start cos they always go same places

i have had plp accuse me of cheating for killing them when there were assasin and blind eye ect.

the chances are this guy just did what i do play lots of games varying maps and watch the lemmings on the other team.

i.e the general population of this game are so predictable same corners same rooms ect

i have a neat little route through lockdown and 8 / 10 games i can do the whole team in 30 to 45 secs from the start cos they always go same places

I can assure you that all participants are verified before announcing the winners to those Operations. All illegal behaviour is being penalized, which does include individuals who you the prestige token glitch. You can help report these players by using the in-game reporting feature on Modern Warfare 3 or you can create a support ticket using this link.

http://tiny.cc/gu31d

Provide any Gamertag/PSN IDs you want to report and they will forward that information to the proper channels.

Anyone who has ever played GB knows how much cheating goes on amongst tryhards in competitive.

rankismet

vXvVIKINGvXv wrote:

Just curious as to how Activision and Treyarch are handling the obvious rampant cheating and boosting that is going on during Elite competitions now tha they are giving out prizes. I played in on December 30th (King of the Hill) I see they disqualified the cheater who won at first, but when I checked his name again today He still had 34 days of Double XP and his stats weren't reset? The third place winner who's now the second place person, Who I played against is a most definate modder. I played in at least 3 games with this guy and watched the theater on this one and this guy knew where everyone was even without a UAV or AUAV up. The theater and the killcams proved it. He would win like 9 games in a row and lose 1-2 and maybe 3 because he was match hopping to get more kills?

What gives???

Cheater's gonna cheat.

Simples.

I am definitley not sticking up for cheaters especially on elite competitions but i played in games where as soon as it started i would get 7 kills withing like 10 seconds cause of the the way the spawns were set up. Some crazy lucky stuff happens sometimes but there are still cheaters on cod elite. I also think there should be separate server for cod elite competitions because if your playing domination most captures and your the only one going for bases while another player is playing the same competition in another room where all his teamates are helping him capture bases to win is a big advantage.

So yeah, I have apparently been disqualified from the 100k competition for cheating, To be honest i beleive i am the ONLY one who didnt cheat, check my recent games, watch my videos, see who i killed. Do what you must. But i did not cheat. I'm actually enraged that i actually got a 30day suspension after logging on to see if the other top players cheated..

bullcitysmokey

Dedge did they give you a specific reason for the banned? and also when this competitions are goin on does hopping in and out of matches consider cheating or smart? I personaly stick around for the kill cam and for a minute on the lobby till the next map, i dont know any better i just tought thats what your suppose to do on this competitions

Any REAL cod player KNOWS when someone is cheating.....they dont just "think" someone is cheating.......and as a veteran cod player of over 10 years I KNOW people are cheating during these competitions.  I have SEEN people doing it first hand.  I was at an acquaintance's house as he was cheating with a modified controller and some other rig (that i dont even know what it was) as he and another friend were totally laughing and getting off on what they were doing. And I mean GETTING OFF!!!  they were saying how the call of duty modrators and people in charge wont ever find out and even if they did they probably wouldnt do anything.  They said "just dont try to get a free token with the token glitch"  as they laughed their ass off. They have not been banned and are still playing...probably as i type this.  And they are right.  It sucks because it only takes a few to ruin it for everyone else. And it is somehow fun for them, just like it is fun for us regular folks who just like to have a fun match weather or not someone is better than us or not....as long as it is fair....but these idiots are having an equally fun time knowing they are cheating/beating the system.  And if you are one of those people who say the cheating thing isn't going on you are either a. an EXTREMELY stupid individual, B. A new cod player, or C. Someone who works for the company and doesn't want to admit that you dont care that you sold millions of copies of a flawed product to the masses.  I know i will never buy another cod game...and i have several friends that wont either.  if everyone stood up and boycotted them for this BS then the cheaters would have no one left to cheat against except each other....and that wouldnt be any fun now would it?

starbuckfrack

negro wrote:

Any REAL cod player KNOWS when someone is cheating.....they dont just "think" someone is cheating.......and as a veteran cod player of over 10 years I KNOW people are cheating during these competitions.  I have SEEN people doing it first hand.  I was at an acquaintance's house as he was cheating with a modified controller and some other rig (that i dont even know what it was) as he and another friend were totally laughing and getting off on what they were doing. And I mean GETTING OFF!!!  they were saying how the call of duty modrators and people in charge wont ever find out and even if they did they probably wouldnt do anything.  They said "just dont try to get a free token with the token glitch"  as they laughed their ass off. They have not been banned and are still playing...probably as i type this.  And they are right.  It sucks because it only takes a few to ruin it for everyone else. And it is somehow fun for them, just like it is fun for us regular folks who just like to have a fun match weather or not someone is better than us or not....as long as it is fair....but these idiots are having an equally fun time knowing they are cheating/beating the system.  And if you are one of those people who say the cheating thing isn't going on you are either a. an EXTREMELY stupid individual, B. A new cod player, or C. Someone who works for the company and doesn't want to admit that you dont care that you sold millions of copies of a flawed product to the masses.  I know i will never buy another cod game...and i have several friends that wont either.  if everyone stood up and boycotted them for this BS then the cheaters would have no one left to cheat against except each other....and that wouldnt be any fun now would it?

So when you type "And I mean GETTING OFF!!!" after saying those words again then do you mean really getting of with their pants down ?

If you hate cheaters so bad then why didnt you report them since you hate them so much. Activisions isnt going to spend money hunting them down out of 20 million other players.

The fact that you saw them not only violating Activision policy but Xbox Live policies as well and then you didint report them makes you as guilty as them.

Maybe thats why you have ten years COD experience but only one post. You probably were banned from the forums for spreading BS again

Anyone wanna bet he just made this new name today so he could make up stories about his freinds cheating ?

Report them, if they're cheaters, they'll get banned. I reported about 15-20 people, they all got banned...