40 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2012 3:30 PM by farore01 RSS

RAGE QUIT ????

CHRISSY

hey folks, my clan is The Majors and were a pretty good clan who play well together in hardcore modes but this is causing us problems as so many people cant take the fact were better than them and because were winning the whole other team rage quits, this happend 6 times in a row today and then another 4 times throughout the day, its shocking so many people just leave a game instead of trying to change there strategy and bring it back, dont no what could be done to fix this but its pointless just leaving a a shooting game because you're getting shot

  • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
    WantedMan

    The sad part of this is that untill they have a mercenary hc this will keep happening.Ther're are alot of people that play alone and when it comes down to it if you have 5 or 6 randem players going up against a full team (that play well together)there is no chance,or aleast very small chance of winning.

    • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
      CHRISSY

      yeh true m8 but thtas how our clan formed was by playing with people back in mw1 that we didnt know but talking to them through game chat and communicating builds friendships and thats what online should be like again and more people might start to enjoy the game instead of smashing up there controller and leaving lol

  • Re: RAGE QUIT ????

    The problem is that most people are just joined randomly with others in the lobby.  If your clan is all miked and have played together, then you have an advantage.  Unfortunatally with all of the hackers, a lot of clans that dominate the matches are viewed as hacking.  I refuse to continue to play in a match where one clan is easily winning because it appears that they hack (weather or not that it is true).  Hackers have truely ruined the games and until something can be done this is what you will have to deal with. One soultion is to have a mercenary HC as well as a Clan vs Clan lobby.

    • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
      CHRISSY

      very true m8 a clan vs clan lobby is needed, yeh a lot of clans would rage quit but it would reduce it, the problem is when you're on alone and you get added to a game were you're team is taking a pouding and the score is way up on the other side you no you dont stand a chance

  • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
    trialstardragon

    Like the other poster said until there is HC Merc, this will happen and there is nothing they can really do to stop it. There is no honor or sportsmanship in this game as some like to think. It is all about if the player is having fun or not. And having your dead body handed to you every few moments is not fun for other players. So they will leave the game. Even the quit ban system in Halo: Reach did not slow this down. People will do what ever they feel is correct when their own level of fun is being hurt, regardless of how it affects the other team. It is just a normal thing for people to do. Since this is just a game and not that serious, and many play for fun; but dieing constantly is not fun.

  • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
    rankismet

    CHRISSY wrote:

     

    hey folks, my clan is The Majors and were a pretty good clan who play well together in hardcore modes but this is causing us problems as so many people cant take the fact were better than them and because were winning the whole other team rage quits, this happend 6 times in a row today and then another 4 times throughout the day, its shocking so many people just leave a game instead of trying to change there strategy and bring it back, dont no what could be done to fix this but its pointless just leaving a a shooting game because you're getting shot

     

    Some games, we'll go through 2-3 full teams rotating through... no big deal.

    • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
      CHRISSY

      it is when no one gets re added to the game and we have to sit there doing nothing bored to tears untill it forefits the game, people always get put in on core but with hardcore u can sit there and wait for ages

      • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
        rankismet

        CHRISSY wrote:

         

        it is when no one gets re added to the game and we have to sit there doing nothing bored to tears untill it forefits the game, people always get put in on core but with hardcore u can sit there and wait for ages

         

        Not in my experience... all I play is HC KC...

  • Re: RAGE QUIT ????

    I think you have to look at this from a different perspective. A lot of people who play are CASUAL players. They don't have clans or plans or anything too elaborate because they just play in their free time.

     

    You and your clan would be HARDCORE players. You play constantly and love the game to the point that you sought out like minded people and have honed yourself into a fighting force to be reckoned with.

     

    So now in comes the casual player to kill some time and have fun only to be thrown into a game with your clan who systematically pick him apart and squash is fun in the name of your own version of fun.

     

    What recourse does he have if he wants to find a game that isn't stressful and frustrating? Rage quit and hope he finds a better game.

    • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
      CHRISSY

      that is very true but since posting this we have had 7 clans rage quit on us, this is getting to a point there is no point in playing this game if you are good because noone wants to play against you, and honestly the amount of rage quiters i have said have left today is no word of a lie

      some of the clans are getting named and ashamed

      sas clan

      fat clan

      xxx clan

      bob clan

      oink clan

      babs clan

      and many more

    • Re: RAGE QUIT ????

      I agree. I am one of those casual gamers and I have no interest in joining a clan (and don't have the time anyway). It is frustrating and annoying to go against a full clan in a game as you know you're going to get kicked from one end of the map to another.

       

      Back in the days of Quake 3 when I was in clans, we would not play public servers and always arrange private matches. Then again that was back in the day of IRC et where it was easier to arrange matches etc.

       

      OP - I'm not saying you do this but I dare say some clans deliberately go to a "public" server to hand out beatings to make themselves feel better against a load of random players and probably improve their stats on Elite.

  • Re: RAGE QUIT ????

    HQ seems to be the gamemode where i see the most rage quits. People with the 1337iQS gamertags are always the first to leave. I usually play with 2 or 3 friends most of the time and even then people rage quit against us, when there is a full team of us we hardly ever get a full game.


    People take this game too seriously. My friends and I used to take CoD seriously to but that was in GB and tournements etc, never in pubs. When we play pubs its just for fun. No strategies etc.


    People may quit against you alot if you play as a clan and go proper serious face. If you want to play competitively i would recommend signing up for gamebattles or decerto. Leave pubs to people who play for fun (yes i know its fun winning but winning most games with little challenge isnt lol)

  • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
    bo2000

    Playing alone or with my friends we usually don't ragequit playing against a full clan but wait how they are playing. If they're good we can learn a thing or two. Most of the time they are not good though and ragequit on us. Especially in gamemodes where there's not much points for the losing team. I guess there's too much clans by name but not by heart

    • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
      CHRISSY

      yep i understand it is tough playing against a clan when you're on alone, especially against us as wee communicate and dominate the map however we are really strugeling to play a whone game without the other team all leaving and this is a game that encourages clans, just beacause we are a good team doesnt mean we shouldnt be able to play the game properly, the developers need to come up with something to make the game fairer for both clans and single players like in 1 of the other posts hc merc or clan battles, this wont stop the rage quits but should really reduce it

  • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
    nuttin2say

    I can understand your frustration when you're playing against other clans. When I play with my friends, if we lose we lose. No biggie, like you say, just adapt and come back the next round.

     

    In previous COD titles, though, I could play in regular lobbies and mostly play against other randoms. What's more, even though in Black Ops teams could organize their kill streaks in such a way that they could tear up an opposing team, few did.

     

    For whatever reason, though, Activision wanted to make MW3 a "social" game. They succeeded very well  at that. Now if you have a team of decent players you can dominate randoms. Pluse the strike packages can be more easily arranged to work together.

     

    What I don't understand about the matchmaking is why the game consistently puts teams up against randoms. Unless your team is a bunch of total idiots, you should easily win.

     

    In any case, I won't play against a clan/team unless I'm with my clan/team. Period.

     

    Sadly, the Mercenary lobby that is out there has few people in it (I think most people don't like the varied game play) and even worse, there are people that "Join Session in Progress" to their friends in a Mercenary match. This is worse than being up against a group you know is working together because now you're assuming there will be a lack of communication and there isn't.

     

    I think they need to make a clan lobby. Force teams to go up against teams.

     

    Also, there's several ways to identify organized teams. The obvious is when a group has the same clan tag. Second, yes, if their gamer tags are all similar in some way.

     

    If there are six people in the lobby with mics, odds are there is a clan in the lobby.

     

    When all else fails, if I suspect people are a clan/team, I go to their gamer cards and check their friend's lists.

     

    They really need to adjust the matchmaking so that teams are playing against teams, not teams vs randoms.

    • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
      W7PSK

      I will not play against certain clans because they CAMP every spawn point and you cannot do nothing but spawn and die.

       

      They think they are the snitz but in reality they are just spawn camping kill you know whats.

       

      I quit immediatly and I now  have a list of clans I will not play against. I even had one clan tell me to stay when I got paired with the lobby 3 times in a row.  I said no I dont want to be just a kill target and they said "BUT WE NEED PEOPLE TO STAY SO WE CAN GET KILLS". Needless to say they will stay on my list.

       

      I like playing for fun not to be some campfest team kill patsy.

       

      So Chrissy ask your team and yourself WHY do people quit on us and wont play. Maybe you will find your answer there.

      • Re: RAGE QUIT ????

        W7PSK wrote:

         

        I will not play against certain clans because they CAMP every spawn point and you cannot do nothing but spawn and die.

         

         

        LMAO, you don't have to be in a "clan" do learn the spawn points and to be a well organized team.

         

        Just saying...

        • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
          W7PSK

          True dat wigs, but at least if I write down the Camp Clans I can cut down on how many camp games I get in

           

          Other clans I play cause they play the game fair, If i get whupped I get whupped, but campers no.

          • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
            rankismet

            W7PSK wrote:

             

            True dat wigs, but at least if I write down the Camp Clans I can cut down on how many camp games I get in

             

            Other clans I play cause they play the game fair, If i get whupped I get whupped, but campers no.

             

            Sorry... but how is camping "unfair"?

            • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
              mjw3786

              rankismet wrote:

               

              W7PSK wrote:

               

              True dat wigs, but at least if I write down the Camp Clans I can cut down on how many camp games I get in

               

              Other clans I play cause they play the game fair, If i get whupped I get whupped, but campers no.

               

              Sorry... but how is camping "unfair"?

              it's not unfair, it's just incredibly boring and a waste of everyone's time.

              • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
                rankismet

                mjw3786 wrote:

                 

                rankismet wrote:

                 

                W7PSK wrote:

                 

                True dat wigs, but at least if I write down the Camp Clans I can cut down on how many camp games I get in

                 

                Other clans I play cause they play the game fair, If i get whupped I get whupped, but campers no.

                 

                Sorry... but how is camping "unfair"?

                it's not unfair, it's just incredibly boring and a waste of everyone's time.

                 

                Everyone's time but the campers...

      • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
        CHRISSY

        we dont camp wee run and gun and  it aint our fault we are good players, are we suposed to go easy on people and not shoot them at every oppertunity because they might feel bad and want to leave. yeh i see the point if a team sits in corners noobing you of the spawn non stop but other than that my msg to rage quitters is stop playing tactical games like cod if you aint got the balls to take a beating every now and then, you win some you loose some get over it and be a man and stop running away

  • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
    mjw3786

    things that guarantee a rage quit from me:

     

    terrible lag

    terrible campers

    spamming striker

    spamming fmg9

    TI / MOAB boosters

     

    did i miss anything? nope i think that's it

    • Re: RAGE QUIT ????

      This has nothing to do with a clan, but I love how "Changing Host" usually comes immediatly after a Predator Missile lands.  

    • Re: RAGE QUIT ????

      mjw3786 wrote:

       

      things that guarantee a rage quit from me:

       

      terrible lag

      terrible campers

      spamming striker

      spamming fmg9

      TI / MOAB boosters

       

      did i miss anything? nope i think that's it

       

      So you basically dashboard every game then? FMG9's and campers are present in every game.

  • Re: RAGE QUIT ????

    I play core but this happens to my team all the time as well. If we play team tac, it happens around 95% of the time.

     

    In fact I've found that it's the other clans that are the worst offenders as they think they are good and then...well...we show them otherwise.

     

    Bad randoms tend to stick it out more than anyone else. Kudos to them.

  • Re: RAGE QUIT ????

    Dashboarding is where it's at, nothing better than being host and dropping the game out when the other teams about to win or gets a Moab, lag compo is so unfair in this broken game so why not get revenge eh ;)

  • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
    jw415gvr

    As a random without any friends, I refuse to be fodder for anyone.  If I'm getting my rear handed to me again and again I will back out.  As stated previously, this game is about having fun.  That's what its a game.

     

    I also back out when comrades or adversaries demonstrate a neanderthal level of communication.  This is usually evidenced by the quoting of various nefarious rap songs, the banter of the racial supremacists, or the inane drivel and lack of proper language arts coursework as superbly demonstrated by our humble original poster. 

  • Re: RAGE QUIT ????

    As a random, what incentive do I have to stay in a game where your clan is dominating from the beginning? Doesn't matter why you are (skill, luck, lag, whatever), I have zero reason to stay and be a moving target for you and your team to rack up kill streaks and pad your stats. Don't start with the "take your beating like a man" or "you have to get dominated to get better" bs either, that's a load of crap and you know it. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to flame you, just state an opposing point of view. This thread demonstrates very well the need for casual and non-casual lobbies. As long as the guy who plays a few hours a week is forced to play against people who play this game as if it's a full time job, people will continue to rage quit....and with good reason.

  • Re: RAGE QUIT ????
    MaxKirgan

    That happens to us all the time. It never usually bothers us, unless we are doing a clan op. We started taking our clan tags and  titles off before we start clan ops because we found that when we get into a lobby, people see a full party of 6 in a clan and immediately back out. Matchmaking takes forever to begin with, people backing out just makes it worse.

     

    People asking for separate playlists for HC mercanary and clan ops, I have bad news for you. It isn't going to happen. If it would expedite matchmaking I would be all for it.  However, as has been shown in the past, you fragment the community,  matchmaking will take that much longer. This company only caters to all the Core players. There is a group of very dedicated, very vocal HC CTF players that have been pushing for a HC CTF playlist  and GHANDI has stated that, in order for it to happen, we would have to lose another HC playlist. That pretty much garuntees we won't see playlists for HC mercanary and clan ops.