22 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2012 9:19 AM by Convict7 RSS

Does it bother you?

Convict7

Does it bother you guys that you can't walk trough your teammates?

This thing is one of the biggest issues I've had with cod. I get killed too often because I either get pushed away from cover or I get stuck because 2 or 3 teammates try to go from the same spot I do.

So is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with this?

• Re: Does it bother you?
    porkins:d

Yes, I'll say about a quarter of my deaths have come from some level three guy standing in a doorway then get killed along with me.

Oh man! This really does bother me so much! This is one of the main reasons for why I couldnt get the killstreaks I wanted at that time and an MOAB.

I also play this game called Team Fortress 2 on my PC. It's an online game that's free btw. And on there, you can go through your teammates.

McZOMBI

It really does my head in, especially all the shaking at the beginning of a game as you all rush out of the spawn. Never noticed it in Blops, I think we were lubed up and just slid past each other in that game.

wajackbauer

Wow I thought I was the only one. Really glad someone else hates this. They should just remove the collision on team members, so you can literally stand in each other.

Convict7

Good to see that there are others who dislike it.

I'm surprised that they've done so many Cod games yet never even thought about such a thing, thats how it seems at least.

They really should get ridd of it....

padiego

If they did that, it would take out the sole realism out of CoD games.

ichilenozo

I can imagine many exploits if they allow that to happen.

Like hidden masters pro version..all hidden in the same spot.

Also how would you tell in less than a second that someone is alive when lying down at the floor surrounded by corpses while using assassin pro?,  most of the time I spot enemies by "feeling" them next to me...if I can't walk by the corpses they are alive to me and deserve a finishing knife/shot.

Actually, I think they did a good job of making this as real as possible, so no it doesn't bother me. I would however like the option to kick the living $%^& out of my teamate for standing the the damn doorway in the first place... The option to just literally kick him ot of the frickin wasy would be SWEET! Even if it meant getting him killed!

[adhd]flippy

this urks me alot most of my deaths are from the teammates running into me or blocking a passage here is what i do everytime this happens and im on a high killstreak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjpeo3VAvdw

It would help if they started your teammates a little farther apart in the begining so its not such a retard cluster! and if you were able to go through teammates you wont have as much trolling! but i agree that they should not alow you to walk the the enemy!! but if the enemy as a team decided to exploit and try and stand inside each other let them then you can get the multiple headshots with one bullet challenge done really quick!!

Wozny

I hate the colliding with your teammates, but lets think about it.

Would you want 5 Campers in side of each other with the same OP weapon?

codcanuck

No. If I come across a doorway that a teammate is blocking I just go take a different route.

Convict7

Weird to see this up here, I thought it was lost in the pages of this forum, oh well.

Just to make it clear to you who disagreed because it would bring up problems with opponents...

I never said that you should be able to go trough your enemies, I meant that in TEAM MODES you should be able to walk trough your team mates, not the enemies, that would bring up problems, panic knifing for example would be even more clumsy, think if you two run trough each others while trying to knife...

ditto but an easy fix is to keep an eye on your mini map and avoid team mates.

Convict7

Easier would be to play FFA which I love, but MW3 FFA is a stalker fest, I don't mean the perk, I literally mean stalking, people respawn right behind or in front of you which makes sure that once you get the kill you're basically having 99% chance to be shot from behind instantly.

Only way to counter this is using silencers, but those aren't helpfull if the opponent doesn't have silenced weapon and he gets to shoot.