37 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2012 1:25 AM by skmace14 RSS

I think I prefer Black Ops after 7hrs of play on MW3

Who`s with me??

Ive been playing MW3 now since last friday, and yes the lag shooting is horrible, but even after thats patched (if its patched coz they couldnt manage it in reflex), im not sure im gona like the game. I hated reflex and this game is going the same way. Im currently level 45 with a 1.08kdr, and I dont think ive enjoyed 1 single game so far in 7hrs of gameplay.

To be completely honest I think the maps are too small, its all very frantic from start to finish, everytime I manage to overcome the lag and get a kill, I get killed myself straight away. The number of times I have been killed mid-grenade throw, or even by random grenades across map. The domination flags are very close together. The maps seem very cluttered, and I struggle to see people for boxes,tin cans, broken cars, barrels,bits of broken wall etc. There`s nowhere to sit for a few seconds and have a breather or call in killstreaks, its all bang bang bang. It feels like you HAVE to keep running non stop or you`ll get taken down. The air attacks are VERY powerful. The weapons seem very weak.

The awkwardness regarding combat records, not being able to look at allies records, not being able to click on an ally and choose "send text". The leaderboards at the end of the game not showing how many flags you capped, how many kills you confirmed/denied, etc etc ... I love to text my allies, but in this game its too much like hard work so I dont bother.

Even the fact that when you start the game up , the wiimote warnings page etc , takes forever to load, and cant cut it short like you can on BO.

Im playing this game coz it cost me £35, and im going to try to get to level 80 if it kills me, just so ive achieved it. But im not enjoying it one bit.

Maybe ive become too used to BO? Maybe im struggling to come to terms with being bottom of the leaderboards constantly when im used to being in the top 2, maybe its coz im playing solo, or at least im too used to how the game was setup by treyarch regarding texts,allies,etc and im not hating on MW3 , its just my opinion that this game isnt for me.

Can I add that I played BO last night for maybe 30mins, and I must have seen about 10 people with names like MW3 sucks, I H8 MW3 , etc etc

Again, im not hating on MW3 , I just prefer for BO. Anyone else?

• Re: I think I prefer Black Ops after 7hrs of play on MW3

I dont know why,But when i changed from black ops Sensitivity to MW3 sensitivity(MW3 is more sensitive)I felt it was very bad,But i got used to it and i just cant use Black ops sensitivity anymore,The maps are really small,You start a domintaion game,You spawn at A,You go cap B,And some guy is already taking A

I also perfer the Ally system of BO,Just fells better

I mostly disagree, right now I still like the BO maps better but that's just because I'm still learning the intricacies of the MW3 maps.  Besides the random deaths, hit detection and the fact that my save data isn't safe (hopefully all 3 problems are patched soon) I can't find a major fault with MW3 yet.  I thank the stars that there is no equivlent to the Black Ops Famas, in MW3 no one gun can win CQB and snipe you across the map.  In Black Ops the fact that there are only 5 usable guns, second chance Blop-shots and glitches like the crane in Array made me vow never to put that rubbish in my Wii again.  In due time I'm sure I'll feel the same about MW3, then maybe I'll dig up Blops for a laugh.

About the menus and loading screens, it's truly the most apealing aspect to a game like ghost-second-chance-silenced-famas-camp-in-the-glitch-with-a-motion-sensor-up-y our-arse ops.

A wise man once said...

cover-firefry wrote:

I mostly disagree, right now I still like the BO maps better but that's just because I'm still learning the intricacies of the MW3 maps.  Besides the random deaths, hit detection and the fact that my save data isn't safe (hopefully all 3 problems are patched soon) I can't find a major fault with MW3 yet.  I thank the stars that there is no equivlent to the Black Ops Famas, in MW3 no one gun can win CQB and snipe you across the map.  In Black Ops the fact that there are only 5 usable guns, second chance Blop-shots and glitches like the crane in Array made me vow never to put that rubbish in my Wii again.  In due time I'm sure I'll feel the same about MW3, then maybe I'll

dig up Blops for a laugh.

About the menus and loading screens, it's truly the most apealing aspect to a game like ghost-second-chance-silenced-famas-camp-in-the-glitch-with-a-motion-sensor-up-y our-arse ops.

I agree with that wise man.

Beast, I realize you havn't had the best time with MW3 but you've made other posts like this and I feel like they are basically saying the same thing.

I put my comments inside the (   )

BEAS7BLOOD wrote:

Who`s with me??

Ive been playing MW3 now since last friday, and yes the lag shooting is horrible, but even after thats patched (if its patched coz they couldnt manage it in reflex), im not sure im gona like the game. I hated reflex and this game is going the same way. Im currently level 45 with a 1.08kdr, and I dont think ive enjoyed 1 single game so far in 7hrs of gameplay.

(You really care about KDR? I find it to be a pointless stat, cause all I care about is whether or not you helped out the team, not whether or not you have a 4.00kdr.)

To be completely honest I think the maps are too small, its all very frantic from start to finish, everytime I manage to overcome the lag and get a kill, I get killed myself straight away. The number of times I have been killed mid-grenade throw, or even by random grenades across map. The domination flags are very close together. The maps seem very cluttered,

(IW and SH wanted the maps to be small and frantic in order to stop people from camping and make more of the run n' gun action that so many people like.)

and I struggle to see people for boxes,tin cans, broken cars, barrels,bits of broken wall etc. There`s nowhere to sit for a few seconds and have a breather or call in killstreaks, its all bang bang bang. It feels like you HAVE to keep running non stop or you`ll get taken down. The air attacks are VERY powerful. The weapons seem very weak.

(The darkness can be difficult at times and I feel it goes against what they were try to prevent in this game, and thats camping. Hell even with all the action, I've still had games where I ran around for a min or two and couldn't find anyone, suprising I know. As for the air support, I find a game here and there where someone manages to keep there heli in the air for its full life, but its not very often. And thats mostly do to the players that run the support package or the ones that actually carry around a launcher.)

The awkwardness regarding combat records, not being able to look at allies records, not being able to click on an ally and choose "send text". The leaderboards at the end of the game not showing how many flags you capped, how many kills you confirmed/denied, etc etc ... I love to text my allies, but in this game its too much like hard work so I dont bother.

(I do admit that this is one of the bad points of the game, without the combat records, then we will have no knowledge of who is a hacker at later stages in the game. The texting is annoying, but nothing to major. And the leaderboards are terrible, I prefer to know who helped out the team, not who killed the most.)

Even the fact that when you start the game up , the wiimote warnings page etc , takes forever to load, and cant cut it short like you can on BO.

(I find this to be a glitch because there are times where you can skip it but other times you can't, but at least we can skip the opening credit thing, unlike BO.)

Im playing this game coz it cost me £35, and im going to try to get to level 80 if it kills me, just so ive achieved it. But im not enjoying it one bit.

Maybe ive become too used to BO? Maybe im struggling to come to terms with being bottom of the leaderboards constantly when im used to being in the top 2, maybe its coz im playing solo, or at least im too used to how the game was setup by treyarch regarding texts,allies,etc and im not hating on MW3 , its just my opinion that this game isnt for me.

Can I add that I played BO last night for maybe 30mins, and I must have seen about 10 people with names like MW3 sucks, I H8 MW3 , etc etc

(See thats the thing I love and find so funny. Everytime a new CoD is released, everyone wants to get their hands on it. But after the people play it, then there is always that group that say, "This games sucks, last years model was better." And that group is the people that can't get accustomed to play with a different play style. I'd say your too used to BO, your hitting the play button, while almost everyone else is hitting fast-forward and causing you to end up on the bottom of the score board.)

Again, im not hating on MW3 , I just prefer for BO. Anyone else?

Fair points well put Hunk. Like I said though, im not hating on the game, I just cant get the feel I got when BO came out, so im not loving the game.

I dont care about stats either tbh, I mentioned the 1.08kdr coz earlier this week I was 0.67, it shows im getting better but still not wanting to play non stop, like I did with BO. It really irritates me shooting guys and they dont die.

I missed reflex out , so I jumped from WAW to BO , which was a giant step given the scoring ,extra games like domination etc etc and I think I was instantly hooked on BO from the start.

I then played reflex and hated it compared to BO due to the lag, and again I wasnt keen on the maps. I think its a bit of being used to BO and the hate I have of reflex combined with my consistenly finishing bottom of my team in almsot every game ive played, and having more deaths than anyone on my team. Maybe its my internet? Maybe its the game, though other people seem to be doing ok.

I couldnt see myself playing BO for the next 12months so im going to HAVE to try to get used to this game in time. Its just messing with my head at the moment. Thought I had it cracked 2 days ago after a very positive day, then yesterday I got r@ped every game I played, and barely had a positive game. Its a major fault when you can outplay someone and die, constantly!

im loving mw3 it has its problems like data corruption, lag shooting but i think its more close quarters gun fights which im ok with i do miss black ops ally system but i still love black ops too im playing both but but playing more offline or black ops because of data corruption but mw3 campaign is just brilliant compared to black ops but multiplayer i like having more maps but i like having big maps in black ops its kinda a draw for me there both brilliant games but in different ways but black ops i still 1 because of zombies, maps and ally systems but mw3 is brilliant to love spec ops.

I've played about 12 hours on MW3 and the game is growing on me. My initial reaction was that the game was way too manic, as you say. However, as I'm learning the maps, it is seeming better paced. For the first 7 or so hours, I didn't really know the maps and it was too easy to blunder into someone. In terms of gameplay, it has also helped to get to a level where I can use Bouncing Betties to watch my back. On reflection, I feel that - although I'm a big fan of BO - it's way too easy to camp on most maps. My initial feeling is that it's going to be more difficult to camp effectively on MW3, so that's an improvement. I totally agree with you about the issue of clutter - Outpost is way too busy, visually.

I stopped reading when you said "It feels like you HAVE to keep running non stop or you'll get taken down." That is sorta the whole point. ITs to prevent campers, and i know there are still some but from what you just said, i dont think they did anything wrong.

if u prefer black ops then u probs sit in a corner with ghost using a famas nuff said

You clearly never played with me then Im dissapointed if I dont get double figure flag caps in ANY domination game I play, either that or 50+ kills coz we hold all 3 flags from the start.

What Richard said earlier in the thread makes complete sense to me in that until you know the maps your likely to randomly bump into people, and thats whats happening.

Pauly, im now at 0.99 after getting powned in 3 Kill Confirmed games I chanced my arm at earlier , and that included my longest ever gun killstreak so far of 11 !!

BEAS7BLOOD wrote:

Who`s with me??

with a 1.08kdr,

I dream of getting to 1.00kdr. But at the moment, I enjoy black ops more. I loved reflex, this game can't be compared to reflex. I can go on reflex and go positive most games. Not with this pile of junk.

I must confess that I am generally a camper (or, was). It's generally very easy to camp on Reflex or BO, once you have clays; there are decent, long range, lines of sight and if you chose a camping site carefully, either as an individual or as a team, you can rack up lots of kills. This isn't meant as a slur on anyone who, like myself, adopted those tactics. However, with MW3, the game has changed. There will be places where camping is possible, on MW3, but not - i feel - to the extent that it was on MWR or BO. On MWR, on the container ship (I forget the name of the map) you could clay yourself into the bridge and get multiple kills of anyone who came up the stairs. Honestly, it was generally too easy. At the moment, I really feel that MW3 is a challenge (though part of the challenge is the lag ). On hardcore games. the lag seems to be a bit less of a prob.

U can't judge the game in 7 hours. It took me 3 days to get used to it and now I go positive every match

BEASTBLOOD, I would hate to see you completely quit MW3. That would be unfortunate. I think though that we as players have to come to terms with what this game brings with it. It is a new world outside of Black Ops. Black Ops was much slower, and you could move around the map and get into tactical positions without being noticed or having to fight. It is no longer the case in MW3. Now, to achieve just about anything, you have to win a gunfight against someone. Now, you may ask, why is that. There are a couple of reasons why. First off, the maps have changed. They are less camper friendly. This had the obvious impact of allowing you to move around the map without being shot by a camper, but it also has the impact of making gameplay faster. What you are seeing is not that the maps are too small, but there are more "players" on them, not just tree stumps in corners. This ups the rate of the gameplay by magnitudes. Secondly, the abundance of UAVs, either Advanced or not, helps to concentrate gameplay instead of the Black Ops Style of run around looking for someone for a minute. So the game seems faster. Thirdly, the current hit detection support close combat that is furiously quick. Machine Pistols in the current state of the game are the most effective tool for killing someone. Once the hit detection is patched, I bet you see this go away because now you will see players using Assault Rifles from a distance, which will help to slow down gameplay, although require you to keep your head up and be prepared.

I don't think you should quit the game. I also don't know if I would say Black Ops was better. I will agree its interface was miles more friendly, and the MW3 Interface frankly sucks nuts, but the gameplay of MW3 has the potential to be what Black Ops wasn't, quick, fast, and exciting, compared to the perpetual Search and Destroy of Black Ops. Give it time. Lets see after the patch what it looks like.

On a side note, your KDR. MW3 is a different game entirely from Black Ops in this regard. I find that even the good players I know usually end up with around neutral KDRs. I mean, like guys in BO with 2.5 KDRs getting 1.00s or just above or below. This game is more oriented towards winning, not raping the other team in kills.

porkins:d

MW3 is a fun mix of hit detection between Ops and MWR. :D

Yea black ops was a better game. The maps in MW3 suck balls, stat tracking is a ******* joke, and the lag sucks.

The maps in blackops honestly aren't all that better than mw3 overall they are but not very much people exagerate. I feel mw3 is a better game in almost every way besides hit detection(Even after patch) Overall if you look at it, the game is the most balanced, instead of having one king (FAMASOPS) It has atleast 5 lol and other weapons that can compete with the 5.... besides akimbo fmg9's those can't be beaten. Overall i enjoy the multiplayer experience better than blackops. But i wish wager matches were back :/

Id rather play black ops after 3days played this akimbo bullshit is ridicoulus take machine pistole out of the game. Fmgs do not require skill. 12 moabs

I was on Blops for awhile as well and had a decent kill/death ratio. The game was good, but too many glitches. Too many times I ould empty an entire clip into someone wearing scavenger gear, and they would not only NOT die, but would kill me with a knife attack. Not a knife throw, a knife slash form like 30feet away!...lol

Today was my first day on MW3, cause I heard it was bad, but I actually kinda like it. It seems faster, and it feels more realistic than Blops. yes I had lag on shooting, but I had a couple decent games today. I like that there are no frickin dog attacks, that annoying.... I only wish we could text our allies, cause I don't want to get a stupid headset. Most everything that people say on the headsets is garbage anyway. I have a good internet connection (10mgps). I know tha if you have less than that, there is a chance of lag. If you have fast connection and someone else has slow, then there could be lag as well.... When I play, I shut down all PC's that are connected to my wifi so I get all the stream to myself!

Happy Gaming peeps!

I was on Blops for awhile as well and had a decent kill/death ratio. The game was good, but too many glitches. Too many times I ould empty an entire clip into someone wearing scavenger gear, and they would not only NOT die, but would kill me with a knife attack. Not a knife throw, a knife slash form like 30feet away!...lol

Today was my first day on MW3, cause I heard it was bad, but I actually kinda like it. It seems faster, and it feels more realistic than Blops. yes I had lag on shooting, but I had a couple decent games today. I like that there are no frickin dog attacks, that annoying.... I only wish we could text our allies, cause I don't want to get a stupid headset. Most everything that people say on the headsets is garbage anyway. I have a good internet connection (10mgps). I know tha if you have less than that, there is a chance of lag. If you have fast connection and someone else has slow, then there could be lag as well.... When I play, I shut down all PC's that are connected to my wifi so I get all the stream to myself!

Happy Gaming peeps!

skmace14

This is my opinion:

Modern warfare 3 is a GOOD game. I find the gameplay fun, fast paced, lot's of features (not as much as BO, though) I like that the games are fast because it suits my style of play, but for me the most fun I have is when I snipe and there just aren't many good sniping maps in the game. Black Ops had a few good sniping maps but not nearly as many as Reflex had. That's why I still like modern Warare reflex the best. I can snipe on nearly every map on reflex and do well in game. sniping also felt great in reflex (aside from lag shooting), in BO it felt alright but in MW3 I just haven't found the feel of it yet because there are so few good spots to snipe from.

Speaking of feel, I can go from MW3 to reflex and I feel perfectly normal in my gameplay. the formula for the modern warfare's has worked so they stuck with it and it feels great to switch from one to the other. However, when I go from MW3 to BO I just don't feel the same, It doesn't feel right. Don't get me wrong, I like BO a lot, but the difference in feel for the games made me realize how much better the modern warfare games are. Black Ops may have the most perks and gadgets for the game but the overall feel for the gameplay isn't there (although snipers can still wreck havoc on certain maps) like it is in the modern warfare series and the lack of sniping (real sniping, no ACOG bs) maps in MW3 make it a considerable downer to both BO and Reflex. just my thoughts. (I would so love to snipe on crossfire if I had better hit detection )