6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2012 3:53 PM by fragdemonnl RSS

Auto aim and music volume adjustments

tjmoore365

Can anyone here tell me how to turn off auto aim in multiplayer?? I know how to do it in the campaign, but I can't figure out how to do it for multiplayer. It seems like everytime I walk close to an enemy player, my gun always ends up pointing down toward the ground all by itself, which is effin rediculous. I also need to know how to turn down the music volume in multiplayer. I found the slider for the game volume, but I don't want to turn down the sound effects ( gunfire, footsteps, explosions, etc.) just the music.

• Re: Auto aim and music volume adjustments
    Nubdub

Sorry MW3 multiplayer does not provide options for music adjustments or auto aim. I have always wondered why auto aim even exists in multiplayer.

Next year they will add auto fire and in two years they will impliment auto movement. Then, all you have to do is load the game up and watch him go.

tjmoore365 wrote:

Can anyone here tell me how to turn off auto aim in multiplayer?? I know how to do it in the campaign, but I can't figure out how to do it for multiplayer. It seems like everytime I walk close to an enemy player, my gun always ends up pointing down toward the ground all by itself, which is effin rediculous. I also need to know how to turn down the music volume in multiplayer. I found the slider for the game volume, but I don't want to turn down the sound effects ( gunfire, footsteps, explosions, etc.) just the music.

I had a similar post.  I hate the terminator music.  I have to constantly switch the sound of and on to avoid it.  I like to have the volume up to hear footsteps during game.  I have found that IW has a habit of removing things that we like about previous titles and adding things that are crap.  Just once, I would love for them to take our ideas and run with them.

I don't mind the music issue as much as I dislike the fact that I can't turn off the auto-aim in multiplayer. Often it works against me instead of for me. I don't want it, I dont need it, especially if it works against me. If an enemy steps in your line of sight and stops moving, the auto aim makes your line of sight shift away slightly and often off target. Then you miss your shot. This is also the case if you just lines up for a shot and another enemy runs behind or infront the enemy you where aiming for. Your auto aim will shift away your ADS off target and you often miss your shot or shots when this happens. I really dont want to use auto aim. And I really really dont want to use an auto aim that I need to manually correct in a split second so I dont miss my shots. In core you often get the chance to correct it manually. In hardcore you usually die. But as how I see it... wether how much it does or does not work, a player should get the option to not use it if he or she prefers so.

Please please please patch/update the game so we can turn it off if we want to.