39 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2012 9:16 AM by icdeadppl2 RSS

Feedback on New Spawn System

New spawn systems should be live for everyone at this point. Any ideas/comments? I've yet to play with them so i'm curious to see what its like and what people have noticed.

• Re: Feedback on New Spawn System

I've yet to play as well, I will be lurking...

As soon as I play I will be sure to come back and provide some feedback.

plymell

Played a few TDM matches this morning.  Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference.  I had a couple of deaths due to a recently killed opponent spawning within one corner of me.  On Seatown and Bootleg, I believe.  Dome, too, but there's probably no getting around that on that particular map.  Killed an opponent in the Outpost bunker, tried to exit out the back tunnel, same person was ADS at the tunnel waiting for me.  Wasn't happy about that.  HaHa.

I played for a couple hours earlier and did notice that there were less WTF spawns.  So I guess this is an improvement...

mickilla

Agreed, after playing a couple hours just now I felt that something was keeping things a little less ridiculous than usual. Maybe the lag was cutting me some slack or the enemy team had more Christmas noobs than normal, hard to really tell if it was the changes to the spawns.

But supposing the spawns' new upgrade was in fact responsible for this modicum of improvement, then its nice to see the devs actually make an attempt to refine their product. It goes without saying that doing so should be on their agenda. Still, to think that IW is actually demonstrating competency is a very pleasant surprise.

Now if only we can get them to do something about the akimbos, lag compensation, and superfluous clutter in their maps.

codchamp

Just remember this update was about the revenge spawn system and not all spawns as a whole. This was always my issue, Die and respawn close to the guy who killed me over and over.

otisman666

codchamp wrote:

Just remember this update was about the revenge spawn system and not all spawns as a whole. This was always my issue, Die and respawn close to the guy who killed me over and over.

Chump is right.  They are not making new spawn locations, just changing the numerical value assigned to spawning near danger vs spawning in friendly territory.  I swear IW saw the mods that were hitting Blops last summer and thought "man that is a great idea" and implented a higher % number for this criteria.

Is this the first MW3 Game to get a Spawn Fix?

Or is just the first bunch of Devs on CoD to truely fck up a spawn system,

plymell

Just to be sure, what version number should I be seeing in the upper right hand corner of the multiplayer menu after this update?

xbevz

My last game of TDM on village they were the worst I've seen, for the last 3 or 4 minutes my team kept spawning around the shack huts and there were enemys constantly around us. You'd get a kill and die, get a kill and die. I think I had 22 kills 20 deaths, pretty sure thats the most deaths I've ever had! So if thats them fixed it's going to be fun.

gallp13

No down load assume hotfix?  If the tweek has implemented its subtle, no obvious changes to DOM. Only played a short time though.

I'll have to check out Team Defender. The spawns here were the worse I encountered.

Even with a full party and coordinated map control, they were constantly spawning behind us. You really have to dig yourself into a corner.

YUP

vims1990

Personally, I've seen a improvement in spawns so far.

I don't think I've come across a payback/revenge spawn death as of yet.

I play mostly domination & before the patch, I came across alot of revenge spawns deaths but after the patch, the enemy team seem to spawn either at their flag or far in front of me rather than behind me.

I haven't played the other game modes as of yet so I can't really discuss on whether they've improved,

StillProdigy

It's trash worst spawning ever i'm furious why should they spawn behind me everytime i kill a player. Example: Domination on Dome we control A and C Flag which left them in B flag/building. They would spawn B flag for about 1 to 2 deaths then spawn in dome without any of my teammates near B like WTF? C flag I was at bunker stair way and the players where spawning right behind me. Same for the rest of the maps it seems.

The spawns are utterly terrible now, map controll and any form of tactical play in objective games just went out the window, with the latest change they turned all objective gameplay, except SnD, into glorified team deathmatches, with the headless chickens running all over the place...

bigdaddyhammer

Played a few games of TDM today. Spawns were horrible. Got killed. Spawned. Turned corner. Got killed by same person. Garbage. If this is how they fixed them, I'll have to play a bit more to decide, but it doesn't seem promising.

bigdaddyhammer wrote:

Played a few games of TDM today. Spawns were horrible. Got killed. Spawned. Turned corner. Got killed by same person. Garbage. If this is how they fixed them, I'll have to play a bit more to decide, but it doesn't seem promising.

I agree. At one point, the guy who killed me was killed immediately by one of my team. We both spawned in exactly the same spot. Luckily for me his reflexes are better and he started moving first and I shot him straight away.

A couple of times I spawned right in front of opposing team too and of course, paid with my "life"

I never noticed things like this before except on a fairly rare occasion, so IMO, it has gotten worse

starbuckfrack

I think the new spawn system is terrible.

For example in Drop Zone we all die from a missile in the drop zone.

Now all 6 of us spawn in EXACTLY the same spot at the same time and start bumping into each other the entire way and get shot like soldiers running out the only bunker door.

Overall someting is worng with the spawn system now. Its not getting used to it thats the problem. It just like in Drop Zone the enemies now know exactly where you are coming up.

And just to add. the lag in this game never really existed for me. But now we got player falling thru the ground, jumping 20 feet when running, running in place, a ton of rubber banding, popping sideways ten feet while running and seriously missiles coming out of no place without warning.

All of a sudden four days ago all of us in the lobby with three bars or better play like watching a DVD skip every half second to an HONEST two seconds in the future.

And everything is still the same with may ISP. Netflix plays clear and not pixelated, BF3 doesnt rubber band.

For 4 whole days almost every single game is acting like the last two seconds before it migrates to another hos and doesnt migrate.

all i can say is thank god for tactical insertion because this so called hotfix as not done much at all to fix the shitty spawns i know it was just meant to fix the revenge/payback spawn but for example i got dropped into a game of Dom right behind a enemy. i didnt use tac inser in this game i wanted to see what the new spawn was like and it spawned me in the exact same spot 4 times in a row and each time the enemy was closer and closer to me. this week as been incredible bad for me, i am taking zero damage before i die, im not crying lag compensation here because i dont fully understand what it is but i do know that this has been happening to me more and more recently to the point that i have put the game back in the case for a couple days because the only kills i can get is when i shoot someone in the back or they have not seen me, it seems like everyone but me has the look of death,they dont need guns to kill me  they look at me. i die! it has been like this off and on for me since release

systematic

I can't see much difference. It took two games before I got a horrendous spawn - playing HC TDM and spawning just around the corner from an enemy heading in my direction. I almost died immediately.

If I came across a bad spawn so quickly I struggle to understand how the 'fix' successfully went through testing.

I've since come across a lot more, some in my favour but it's not really how I want to get kills.

Why is this even an issue? I never remember this being such a problem in MW and MW2. Is it because most of the IW staff are no longer there and they've lost their expertise?

It's a real shame because you just can't take the game seriously as a competitive game.

Nothing was fixed on Team defender. Still spawning way too close/right beside people.

Its the same. The same in DOM, the same in Drop Zone, and the same in TDM.

They can't fix it because of the map design (most are small).

The problem I have is when I kill a large group of people and the one guy my teammate killed spawned 20 ft behind me. I will watch the killcam an see my teammate kill the enemy then watch him respawn with me right in his sights... easy kill for him and the end of my flow of the map and killstreak. This isn't rewarding if you are a decent player trying to push the pace of the game. You should never see an enemy die in your killcam. Never.

comment: horrible spawn system for demolition attackers respawning near objectives and defenders all the way across the map which is not logical for that game type so it fails badly and just took a huge dump on my favorite game type as the people who actually play the according to the objectives are caught defenseless when enemies spawn and kill from behind and this IS a horrible a logical reason for teams to camp a single area in order to prevent the spawn location switch...

idea: if its going to stay like this then atleast send a message whenever the spawn locations switch like a radio call "incoming reinforcement" or something kinda like the gears of war 3 notice if anyone ever played that online and noticed whenever the enemy team got to close to the other's spawn location it would switch and alarm the everyone with a radio call... thats an idea.