20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2012 7:02 AM by Dark BladeZD RSS

Anyone else feel this way?

MysticJon

When I play Modern Warfare 3, or any other MW for that matter and I experience the lag issues, the latency issues, the matchmaking issues, the hit detection issues, etc, I wish someone from Infinity Ward was sitting next to me watching me play. Like when I empty half a clip into someone and get 3 hits on the enemy, or when someone runs around the map with their Type 95 or Dual machine pistols, or when I'm shooting at someone that is standing still and the lag isn't giving me any hits. Stuff like that, when it happens (and it happens every day) I just wish that someone, anyone, from IW was sitting next to me in my home and watching it happen. I wonder what they would be thinking to themselves, or what they would say to me. Would they think the game is fine as is or would they see these issues and realize the error of their ways? Or is money all that matters to them and they could care less about these issues?

Anyone else ever think the same, like you wish someone from IW could just watch you play MW3 so they know that these issues are real?...

• Re: Anyone else feel this way?

YES. What's your internet connection like? (Up/Down, Jitter). What service provider?

MysticJon

Not sure, I'd have to check.

Ooh look, another complainer... it's reaction time!

Blah blah blah, West and Zampella, blah blah blah, lawsuit, blah blah blah, year of no progress, blah blah blah, Infinity Ward in ruins, blah blah blah, 9 months to complete MW3, blah blah blah, they care, blah blah blah, hands full, blah blah blah, patches coming, blah blah blah *goes off in Duty Calls announcer rant*.

blooddrains

Its not reaction time you dumb ass. Its called lag compensation, look it up before you come in here and tell someone they have no reason to complain. The reason he is having those issues is because his internet is a little better than most. And the reason you dont have those issues is because your trailor park internet is slowing the rest of us down to compensate for your shitty connection. so of course you think everything is fine and that your such a "beast" at this game. come to my house and play on my connection and you will change your mind. its extremely frustrating to be shooting at someone and  get killed, then you watch the kill cam and it dosent even show you shooting at all.

smack

all i can say is that was funny but yea i can fell your pain 9 times out of 10 someone on the outher team is lagging the room this i know to well cause it happens to us alot the best way to find out have ur team hold a area of the map an make the outher team come to you guys an you will see who has the lag switch trust me dude it works

Not constructive.

MysticJon

Lag compensation is a complete joke, but to Infinity Ward it is apparently the solution to all their problems. Lets slow down the good connections so they can better match up with the poor connections. Thats totally fair right? Honestly, I can't comprehend what is going through their minds? Their servers are so bad that they need to slow down good connections so that everyone can be more on par with poor connections, but in turn all they end up doing is penalizing players with good connections and rewarding players with poor connections. Its absolutely mind boggling that IW would think this is a good idea. Yea, don't just use dedicated severs like just about every other online game in this day and age, lets keep the P2P servers and release bull**** "fixes" like lag compensation and claim everything is all better now.

I really am starting to believe that IW does not care at all about our gameplay experience. They make a half-assed game, get our money, then move on. Whatever happens after the release is not their problem, aside from small glitches and hacks that they can patch easily enough. Sure they release some DLC here and there, but DLC for a broken game? Whats the point in that?

when it comes to cod and iw its all about money black ops is not that good to me but atleast treyarch listen to the consumers and try there hardest to fix issues whith there game and dont forget sledgehammer help make this game as well all the blame cant fall on iw

Okay, I'm just going to chime in here with a little bit of information, since you've been somewhat misinformed. IW does not have dedicated servers set up for MW3. The games are hosted by the players in the lobby.

I agree, lag compensation is bad, but the only real solution is dedicated, nation-wide servers, and we all know that's unlikely to happen.

maccabi

MysticJon wrote:

Lag compensation is a complete joke, but to Infinity Ward it is apparently the solution to all their problems. Lets slow down the good connections so they can better match up with the poor connections. Thats totally fair right? Honestly, I can't comprehend what is going through their minds? Their servers are so bad that they need to slow down good connections so that everyone can be more on par with poor connections, but in turn all they end up doing is penalizing players with good connections and rewarding players with poor connections. Its absolutely mind boggling that IW would think this is a good idea. Yea, don't just use dedicated severs like just about every other online game in this day and age, lets keep the P2P servers and release bull**** "fixes" like lag compensation and claim everything is all better now.

I really am starting to believe that IW does not care at all about our gameplay experience. They make a half-assed game, get our money, then move on. Whatever happens after the release is not their problem, aside from small glitches and hacks that they can patch easily enough. Sure they release some DLC here and there, but DLC for a broken game? Whats the point in that?

you do realise nothing you wrote there is actually factually correct right?

That5What5Up

Maccabi, with all due respect, if you say it isnt factually correct, can you please explain why it isnt next time (Or even provide a link if youve already explained elsewhere)?  Just saying it proves nothing. So people will know at least. Thanks

i don't know the technicals issues that been involved in an online game like COD, but maybe to have the choice of the location of connection like in Black ops was a good idea...

anyway, I know one thing that is make me rage every day, when I get killed at anydistance, even with a SMG like mp7, I feel like I receive a sniper bullet, I don't hear any sound (and don't tell me because there is a silencer, there is not on the killcam, and there's a red dot on the radar. be we just hear the hiss of the bullets...

what can be an easy solution to give a chance to the guy who has been shoot without notice it, and this like in every COD... increase the health. why change something wich work? just to make noob make easy kills? I know that I don't like black ops at all. but I know this game could and should be a terrific game, but at lot of thing show that it's just a boatched games, some details dosn't cheat... (did you ever ask why the allied grenades are shown on the HUD radar, I did every day and tell me that the dumbest misstake I ever seen... )

i GET THE SAME **** HELL EVERY SINCE THEY REMOVED *STOPPING POWER* FROM COD EVERY COD HAS SUCKED -___-

You think you've had BS?

I shot 2 LMG mags into an AFK splitscreened player. AND HE DID NOT DIE.

His perks: Blast Shield, Marksman (Obviously), Blind Eye (obviously)

I don't care what perks you have. 2 mags from a PKP will kill ANYONE. If you are behind a freaking wall, 2 mags will still kill you.

How close was I to him? I'd say 4 feet.

Oh, why didn't I knife? I did. NO F****** KILL BY KNIFE

I know you gonna call me a kid if I say hacker but WTF. You think this is fair?

I think it's bs, son.

Btw, Yes, I aimed my PKP.