1 2 3 4 Previous Next 70 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2012 1:05 PM by RexDane Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: No revenge spawns? Bowling must be joking! w/Commentary

gallp13 wrote:

Play Dom less concerned about revenge spawns in this mode but akimbo 9 s are just annoying.

Not really a FFA player all that much, but FFA is where revenge spawns are move prevalent, so you would think that you certainly would not see them in FFA if Bowling stated "no revenge spawns"

• 11. Re: No revenge spawns? Bowling must be joking! w/Commentary
    gallp13

Yep I know....annoying

• 12. Re: No revenge spawns? Bowling must be joking! w/Commentary
    yovlud

Wanna know a game with bad spawns?  Team Defender.

You and your entire team will be with in 100 feet of the flag on one side of the map...you die, you spawn on the other side of the map away from your team.  This is one of the worst game in the Call of Duty series...I only play it because...it's the only game I have right now.  I will honestly give Infinity Ward one more chance with their next game, if it's as bad as this one, never again will I buy an IW game.  Treyarch is doing a wonderful job addressing issues and making their games fun.

• 13. Re: No revenge spawns? Bowling must be joking! w/Commentary
    trialstardragon

Seems as if they did not adjust the reaspawn difference on the map far enough. Hardly ever seen anyone spawn down bottom of the kill at the house or any where else.

Its not about the reveng spawn system itself its about the spawn system and how it does not use enough of the available map space.

There is plenty of places where other spawn points could be placed to break up the quick respawn that gets players back to middle too quickly.

Down in the ravine, down by the house at bottom of hill. Out behind the house with the seond story window, in the house with second story window. behind the wall on the side with the tractors. And many other places that should have been used and emphasized on use unless a person was within 30 feet of that spawn. But doing this would slow the game down and everyone complained about how slow the game play was in BO. So I guess IW thought makeing them all closer would speed it up and make if funner for everyone.

The FMG's are annoying, but then again so is any other akimbo weapon, just the fmg's have a larger clip then most.

I have a PO class that uses the striker and the fmg akimbo with scavenger, quick draw, and steady aim just to annoy people in games if they try and be a try hard with other weapons.

• 14. Re: No revenge spawns? Bowling must be joking! w/Commentary
    mickilla

This just confirms my usual talking points.

1- Its not that the maps are small, rather that they're so cluttered and have so many corners and intersections that you just can't use your eyes to see threats ahead of time. You have to pass around each one of these obstacles hoping that by the grace of God you won't be shot in the back.

2- Spawns are just as crazy as ever. At least in FFA, TDM, and KC, which mind you are among the most played gametypes. Combined with the map design this means that directional tactics are completely impossible. The enemy will always be on all sides, so there's no correct direction to face. Unless you're camping in a corner, that is.

3- Hit detection flaws and excessive flinch means that the most sprayable weapon wins. Any weapon that demands precision will always be a liability. And the unpredictable lag and lag compensation only exacerbates this further.

• 15. Re: No revenge spawns? Bowling must be joking! w/Commentary
    Nubdub

It's not really Bobby B's fault. He's just the spokesperson. I would however start canning each developer thats having Bowling tell the gaming world that something is fixed when it is not. I honestly cannot think of 1 thing that matters that has been fixed after 2 months.

The things they have fixed..........button symbols in gamer tags and banning token glitchers (some of them) niether of which were game breakers. The true game breakers, hit registration and spawns have not changed at all. Why in Gods name are they focusing on fixing the worthless kiddy glitches but not the real issues?

• 16. Re: No revenge spawns? Bowling must be joking! w/Commentary
    yovlud

Because all the "pros" want glitchers out of the game before anything else gets fixed.

• 17. Re: No revenge spawns? Bowling must be joking! w/Commentary
    Nubdub

I wan't glitchers out of the game too but if the game is barely tolerable with lag and spawns, the token tards are the last thing on my mind.

I was really trying to bite my tongue and not say this but I have to........Anyone running a small circle with a shotgun has no room complaining about someone using akimbo FMG's. Seriously.

• 18. Re: No revenge spawns? Bowling must be joking! w/Commentary

Nubdub wrote:

I wan't glitchers out of the game too but if the game is barely tolerable with lag and spawns, the token tards are the last thing on my mind.

I was really trying to bite my tongue and not say this but I have to........Anyone running a small circle with a shotgun has no room complaining about someone using akimbo FMG's. Seriously.

Perhaps biting your tongue will keep you from saying something else foolish? Needless to say, Wiggy doesn't agree.

• 19. Re: No revenge spawns? Bowling must be joking! w/Commentary
    Nubdub

If you were sniping with the shotgun, now that would have given you some street cred. I do agree akimbo fmg's are too strong though.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next