16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2012 6:20 PM by zero7272 RSS

Don't kick a man when he's down

Before I begin, I'd like to point out that while I didn't glitch, I do know people that did, some of which have switched to an old gamer tag, but the majority I expect to never see playing this game again. Continuing on..

Dear, IW,

What the heck? It's one thing to reset somebody who glitched, but it's another to reset them AND THEN force them to have 1000 losses + 10,000 deaths, making it ridiculously difficult and time-consuming to ever again have even a normal KDR or W/L ratio. And, then, you have the audacity to give them a ton of double XP hours + prestige tokens, as if begging them not to quit playing your money-making machine? I seriously hope that this stunt has caused you to lose a large proportion of your customer base.

I agree that these people deserved tempbans + stats resets (in fact, I lobbied for it in a few other posts), but why you would deliver such cruel and unusual punishment is beyond me.

Sincerely,

Somebody on the sidelines

• Re: Don't kick a man when he's down
    Snipingdbag

Of course you didn't. Nice ban. That should be the ban for All cheaters / boosters / glitchers. ALL need the gtfo, game ruining morons.

Just line them up, 1 Barrett 50. Cal bullet - 1000 collateral kill.  Epic

schlag2dash

They Deserve it. I don't want them playing anymore. They ruin it for everyone else that is playing and trying to have fun. I agree with how harsh they were. They let these things go on for way to long and they finally made a statement with the punishment that they have handed out. They dont want people gliching, cheating or hacking. Neither do the gamers who play the game right.

You bring up a good point, they did let things carry on for too long. Since COD4, in fact, if my memory serves me correctly, they've let glitchers enjoy manipulating the game to their own benefit. I still feel as though this punishment was a little too harsh, though.

Why wasn't a tempban + stats reset enough punishment? If they didn't feel it was enough, they should have just permabanned everybody that exploits and forced them to purchase new accounts.

I still feel like this was WAY over the top.

schlag2dash

Well hopefully this ban has struck fears into others about cheating/ glitching....ect. They now know that there are consequences for doing this in games. IW said before this game out that they weren't going to put up with people exploiting there game. I guess those who got banned didnt believe them. I guess we will wait and see if anyone else tries or continues to break the rules.

intelitek wrote:

Why wasn't a tempban + stats reset enough punishment? If they didn't feel it was enough, they should have just permabanned everybody that exploits and forced them to purchase new accounts.

I dont think permabanning them would work. This punishment to me points the finger at the cheaters. You can look and the kills and deaths and see who got banned. If they did a permaban then they could come back fresh. They still have the option to re-create if they want to.

rankismet

intelitek wrote:

You bring up a good point, they did let things carry on for too long. Since COD4, in fact, if my memory serves me correctly, they've let glitchers enjoy manipulating the game to their own benefit. I still feel as though this punishment was a little too harsh, though.

Nope... it's delicous.

Nothing better than a scarlet letter C for all to see.

You glitch, you get perma-banned dude .. Have a nice day

I personally think IW let them off easy. They should have all been forced to wear a badge ortitle that says "CHEATER" for the rest of thier MW3 "career" like MS attaches to GTs of people who modded thier gamerscores.

These kids/losers who exploit every bug/glitch to thier advantage ruin games and turn away decent and honest gamers everyday. Its these same losers who give COD a bad name. So now tehy have to wait until the next COD to have decent stats? Too bad. tehy earned thier horrid stats and 48 hr ban all on thier own lack of ethics/morals.

I bet we dont see as many losers abusing glitches/bugs in teh future and that is the point.

Cheating/boosting/glitching/hacking/modding is %110 unacceptable and I thank IW for finally stepping up and dealing with these losers.

trialstardragon

I love the choice they made, I think they should have gone further with it actually. I love the fact that the glitcher now has to work harder to ever get their stats back. That maybe they will learn either not to do it again or to stop playing for those stats and only play for fun instead.

I seriously doubt that they will "lose a large proportion of your customer base".  In fact, it made me love them even more (and I know I am not alone).

If they could figure out a way to reach out and kick each and every person who used the glitch in the nuts I would go buy another copy of MW3 just to support the decision.

zero7272

Agreed no doubt it was about time that IW did something cause it was getting old every CoD series was littered with this imoral conduct. about a day or two after launch date got into a lobby where these guys where hidding in a house and just using the tact. insurgent to get moab i was so pissed, to see that crap and camping in septic trucks under ground kills. I mean come on guys is it really a needed. Damn.........