43 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2012 3:19 PM by elite_force1uk RSS

2 months later....

Consider this my early morning rant...

While the game has gotten slightly better (7 fkn patches later... kind of a given right?). I am completely fed up with Activision...

They finally waited out all the customers to move on to allow their shitty Elite service the ability to handle the mobile apps.. cool..

Too bad the simple web app wont work for any pre-4G device... did i somehow miss that little detail during marketing??

operations still dont work... lmao... Honestly, that is absolutely PATHETIC! its become blatently obvious they never had Elite working... they sold you a promise that apparently they dont have the ability to fullfill..... they damn sure have the money, but the talent is obviously not there.

I am waiting on hold with Xbox support... I am demanding my money back for Elite... sure the subcription is like a contract but they have to live up to their end of it... which they havent dont whatsoever..still deciding if the game is being traded in as well..

I will never buy another Activision product ever... you have joined the list with THQ.... think of it as my own personal boycott to bullshit companies that shouldnt be in business in the first place..

but keeping releasing garbage... your sales looked great opening week, no doubt.... but why is your player count half what Black ops was? why is there a full shelf of used copies at my local GS? marketing will only allow you to pass off inferior products for so long... and at least for me, that time has come..

that feels better... lol...

• Re: 2 months later....

U mad Bro..........Sorry could not resist.

I feel your pain and do beleive that everyone who purchase Elite was sucked in by good Marketing. Am sure they will get it up and running some time tho.

This has happended to me before so I was Quite cleaver to stay away from Elite this time around. Maybe once it is working I will visit see what it is all about but for the moment I am giving it a miss.

Let us know how that refund turns out.

Cashville

Yea i'm with you on that. MW3 is a joke and i'm just laughing at the people that lie to themselves.

I went from only playing CoD every day to sniping on BF3 and playing Black Ops.

Cashville wrote:

Yea i'm with you on that. MW3 is a joke and i'm just laughing at the people that lie to themselves.

Unless you are absolutely amazing at sniping in battlefield 3, wich is pretty hard to do please stop and get on the objectives and help the team..

zedsdeadgraphics wrote:

Cashville wrote:

Unless you are absolutely amazing at sniping in battlefield 3, wich is pretty hard to do please stop and get on the objectives and help the team..

hahaha... feels like im back on battlelog... I personally think BF3 is the FAR better game... just pissed that i bought it on ps3 and i fkn hate that thing... lol.. rarely play it simply because of that.. awesome game tho...

and seriously... get up there and cap that flag

TurdFerguson00 wrote:

zedsdeadgraphics wrote:

Cashville wrote:

hahaha... feels like im back on battlelog... I personally think BF3 is the FAR better game... just pissed that i bought it on ps3 and i fkn hate that thing... lol.. rarely play it simply because of that.. awesome game tho...

and seriously... get up there and cap that flag

Well if you get it on 360 let me know. I have a pretty good mob that I play with. All guys from the forums!

Cashville wrote:

So you went from playing CoD every day to... still playing CoD every day.

Moon Head 92

If you manage to get a refund let us know please, as i'm getting slightly annoyed now, i sorta stuck up for beachhead when they were actually posting on the forums... now i aint seen one single post... basically he's done a fourzerotwo on us... i'm talking about what bowling did with mw2.

So yer if you live in the uk? Could you let me know how it goes, i enjoy the game, but the fact elite is not working after a couple of months, i total BS.

I agree this whole thing has gotten absolutely out of control. They keep putting out these patches and I see no real improvement. When I have more that two friends that want to play together forget about having a game that isn't infested with lag. There are still major issues with the lag compensation. I am on the east coast and any time after 10 oclock my time the gaming becomes almost unplayable. The only reason I can think of is that that is when the west coast starts poring into the game and this game just can't handle it. It happens every single night. The other point about elite is just sad. We paid for this thing up front and are getting skrewed big time. So for three months we have been waiting for something with this and nothing. All we get is an extra month (for free) since they are still counting the first three as legitimate months to have us pay for. Just sad on there part. I can't say that I won't buy another activision product, what I can say is that I will not buy another infinityward/activision COD on release EVER. I will wait for at least a month, I don't care what kind of crasy marketing campaign they put out or what type of promises are made for people who preorder etc. It just isn't worth is. And who knows just buy waiting that extra month I could get the game on craigslist for half the price.

Moon Head 92

I'll buy a treyarch cod on release, as i love there games despite the problems, IW/SH probably wont, and the main reason for this is the maps, mw3 maps whilst they aint all bad, they're so boring compared to previous titles, i just hope to god that the dlc is good, as that's the only thing from elite that's stopping me from raging.

yo turd, i played against you one night last week and it was kind of fun. you play the game the exact same way i do... poorly with little bits of brilliance. lol.

Dougernaut wrote:

yo turd, i played against you one night last week and it was kind of fun. you play the game the exact same way i do... poorly with little bits of brilliance. lol.

sounds about right... lol.. i either want to mow the entire team down or die trying... camping is not an option, at least not in a public game... MW3 isnt made for gamers like me... but i still manage good scores most of the time so all in all, im not really ******** about the game itself... cant help how others play it..

i tried to not make this a childish rant here... i believe i have a legitimate claim to get out of the subscription.. its simply doesnt work at all as advertised 2 months after release.. to me, they havent lived up to their end of the sub agreement... in any contract, thats null and void.. i didnt buy the hardened edition, i bought it completely seperately so MS should stand up for services they sell on the marketplace..

i gave up waiting on hold for MS support... will try again later when i have some time to waste

and to moon... i said the same... DLC was all i bought it for... but it looks like we get one map a month and doesnt appear they intend on changing their design philosophy... i was happy when i heard  the mw1 and 2 mappack rumor... but now we get something called park? i hope they put alot more effort into the DLC then the stock maps...

rehashing old maps seems the only way out of it... they have committed to this design style now so i expect all new IW maps to be almost identical to the stock maps

Connection wise the game for me has been about the same as all previous versions.  November through the beginning of January has always been hit or miss with many horrible connection rooms although the last couple weeks have been relatively decent as long as we don't try to play Ground War. . 

I got Elite for the DLC.  The rest was just a bonus although honestly if Clan Operations would have been working at the start like it should have been that would have been a heck of a boon especially with all the double xp you can unlock.  Getting the 1 month free to compensate for the first month being horrible was nice and since then I've had almost not problem with Elite provided I view it from my PC. Going to it from Xbox on the other hand limits what I can see and do still. 

As long as enough DLC content comes out then I wont feel I wasted my money on it and of course will directly impact whether or not I continue once the year is up.

mjw3786

what do you mean the app doesn't work on pre-4G devices? assuming you're counting the iPhone 4S as a 4G device?

the iOS app is great. i am wondering why there is so much elite hate, because i assumed most folks paid for the hardened edition to get all the DLC in one shot upfront. i guess not? who gaf about clan trash? sure it's fun to play with friends but if you have an organized team of people to play a video game you probably need to go outside

mjw3786 wrote:

what do you mean the app doesn't work on pre-4G devices? assuming you're counting the iPhone 4S as a 4G device?

the iOS app is great. i am wondering why there is so much elite hate, because i assumed most folks paid for the hardened edition to get all the DLC in one shot upfront. i guess not? who gaf about clan trash? sure it's fun to play with friends but if you have an organized team of people to play a video game you probably need to go outside

wasnt coded to work for iphone/itouch 3g.. guess the 3gs got the openGL upgrade so i was mistaken a bit on that..

clan stuff isnt a huge concern for me... but its there.. something to work towards when playing with friends... since when does being in a clan make you a loser? its usually just a group of friends anyway.. not everyone is some MLG retard..

but other then the DLC, that was a pro for buying elite..

so with that not working..mobile app only for certain ios devices. and DLC looks like it will likely be a huge disapointment... so yeah... i have hate for Elite..

and no ******* kidding about the updates....

fixed spawns... i notice no change

fixed fmg/t95... i notice no change

fixed lag comp like 3 times... i notice no change

7 title updates and not one noticeable difference... they are likely BS and just released for a placebo effect..

mjw3786

wasn't saying being in a clan makes you a loser. but can't you still play as a clan without having some kind of app that monitors it for you?

i understand that they promised things that are still broken. that doesn't exist solely in the elite portion of COD tho. most games have bugs and 7 patches is a good sign IMO. i'd rather it was perfect right away but that isn't realistic.

yeah the openGL stuff works but you need to upgrade to the latest iOS version. what about the DLC looks disappointing? i'm looking forward to a mosh pit of the new maps. really sick of playing outpost, mission and dome. ok maybe not dome

if they give us shipment will you still be disappointed?

mjw3786 wrote:

wasn't saying being in a clan makes you a loser. but can't you still play as a clan without having some kind of app that monitors it for you?

i understand that they promised things that are still broken. that doesn't exist solely in the elite portion of COD tho. most games have bugs and 7 patches is a good sign IMO. i'd rather it was perfect right away but that isn't realistic.

yeah the openGL stuff works but you need to upgrade to the latest iOS version. what about the DLC looks disappointing? i'm looking forward to a mosh pit of the new maps. really sick of playing outpost, mission and dome. ok maybe not dome

if they give us shipment will you still be disappointed?

you kind of implied it with the "go outside" comment... but whatever.. no worries.. and i have the latest ios... my phone will never have openGL 2.0... but the app isnt a game, there is no reason they couldnt code it for both like every other app..

7 patches would be a good sign if they seemed to do anything.. but i agree with you for the most part... but they havent fixed anything they claim these patches were for.

as for DLC... i say disapointment because it looks that way... one map a month for 9 months is equal to previous mappacks (3 3map packs)

so while one map at a time is annoying... it wouldnt be the end of the world... but IW's map design sucks now.... you can disagree and ill accept it, but mw3 maps are garbage..

they had a rumor about the old maps (shipment etc) being released... but they ignored it and never confirmed it... the only confirmation i have ever seen was some map named "Park" based on Central Park..

while it could be cool... it very likely will be another randomly thrown together map with millions of chokepoints and routes.. leading to a chaotic mess that the spawn system only makes worse...like every other post-lawsuit IW map they have turned out... i guess im being pesimistic about it, but they havent given me any reason to think otherwise

roachoutro

Agree, Game is still broken as ever, and the post launch support is garbage. 2 months and 7 patches! Wow! Lets not forget that they did near nothing. Fix lag comp!

mjw3786

i agree on some of the patch notes being BS. the FMG's, type95, striker need tweaking. lag comp is better but host disadvantage is still a disaster.

the spawns don't appear to have changed much either. i.e. village revenge spawns are still very much alive and well. kill a guy near the pickup truck and head back towards the tanker. he's on his way to meet you lol

is it really confirmed to be 1 map for 9 months? that can't be right. i think it's more likely you will see 4 or 5 maps per map pack. I don't expect all DLC to be maps though. More like month 1: map pack. month 2: weapon pack. month 3: Spec Ops mission. month 4: spec ops survival maps.

something like that. releasing ONE MAP will melt this comunity down proper. lol

The people enjoying the game or defending it are mostly benefitting from lag comp. I usually let alot of things slide before considering a game "Bad" or commenting on it but this is definelty the worst MW out of the 3. There was such a huge difference going from MW to MW2........ Graphics,Attachements,Weapons,Perks,Killstreaks,Titles,Emblems and more. Almost everything is the same on this one from MW2, EVEN THE FONT OF LETTERS AND NUMBERS. I dont care or mean to make a big deal out of the font, but its just to show how much of a copy and paste this game was from MW2. So many people are complaining and have all the right to because the way this game was advertised and all the bullshit that was promised never came through. There was much more fireworks marketing this game than MW2 so everyone expected a huge change from MW2 like there was for MW to MW2. Im waiting for Respawn to come out with their game since most of the guys working their made Modern Warfare. I wanted to post what should be changed to try and the dev's attenion to fix the lag comp and spawning, but i guess their too busy trying to fix Elite. 7 UPDATES IN JUST 2 MONTHS ON THE BIGGEST OR ONE OF THE BIGGEST TITLES IN GAMING AND STILL HAVING THOUSANDS TO MILLIONS OF COMPLAINTS..........WHAT A JOKE.

its confirmed we get 2 maps this month... one looks ok, one looks like garbage...

but 20 peices of DLC over 9 months... one can only assume 9 maps as they will be sold seperately in 3 map bundles as always... again, i assume...

but when bowling has already talked about spec op missions, story additions etc etc... 20 peices isnt alot for maps.... 9 will be the most we get...

IB-CAMPIN

2 maps at a time. cutting them in half so all of us that assumed we would save money buying elite, got screwed.

yovlud

I am a little frustrated that all features haven't been up on ELITE, but nobody put a gun to our heads and MADE us purchase ELITE...like any investment, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

TurdFerguson00 wrote:

I am waiting on hold with Xbox support... I am demanding my money back for Elite... sure the subcription is like a contract but they have to live up to their end of it... which they havent dont whatsoever..still deciding if the game is being traded in as well..

got it..

made an exception because of my years of loyal service... and probably because i wasnt an ignorant prick on the phone... lol

had to explain that even tho the service itself is up and running, none of the premium features i paid for are more then 2 months after i bought it..

just a heads up... it is possible to get a refund on Elite.. just be nice about it.. lol

mjw3786

good to know. i feel like i've already received far more than $100 of value for the game. currently at about $0.45 per hour and i'm not done yet

which map do you think looks ok and which garbage? i think piazza looks like it has potential but will ultimately just be full of spammers [striker + fmg's] while liberation/central park will be more playable with a mix of smg's, ar's and snipers. we shall see...

mjw3786 wrote:

good to know. i feel like i've already received far more than $100 of value for the game. currently at about $0.45 per hour and i'm not done yet

which map do you think looks ok and which garbage? i think piazza looks like it has potential but will ultimately just be full of spammers [striker + fmg's] while liberation/central park will be more playable with a mix of smg's, ar's and snipers. we shall see...

i would have waited it out admittidly.. but i find mw3 to be so incredibly frustrating that i dont even want DLC for it at this point... the game is a write off but felt i had some options when it came to Elite... turns out i was right

and yeah... liberation was the one that looked ok... "lots of sniper sight lines" means larger  more open maps... one would hope... the other one looked like a huge clusterf**k imo... just like the stock maps, they dont have the netcode to start encouraging CQC....or the spawn system...

once i see that $60 go back on my CC, im trading the game in.. even if they fixed everything tomorrow, im just done with Activision... and IW/SH for that matter... for all the resourses they had, their effort is laughable..

You got a problem with people from the South? If you don't like playing then cut your loses and play another game. It won't be anytime at all before you are posting on here again about this game.

itzatrap wrote:

You got a problem with people fro the South? If you don't like playing then cut your loses and play another game. It won't be anytime at all before you are posting on here again about this game.

ummm... what?

i believe cutting my losses was what the thread was about... so you'll be glad to read that i got my refund...lol

there is no reason to be a little fanboy about it... the game has a ton of flaws, tons of people have gotten rid of it... the massive drop in player count is proof enough of that..

so what is your beef here? you like the game so im somehow an idiot or something? that about right?

Nubdub

I hate to say it but posting on this site is more enjoyable than the game in its current state.

Nubdub wrote:

I hate to say it but posting on this site is more enjoyable than the game in its current state.

sadly enough, i agree... lol

i just get a kick out of the people that just cant stand an opinion that isnt their own... I dont go around saying everyone that likes this game is a moron... im entitled to not like it.. and post here all i want... being a fanboy isnt a forum requirement, thank god.. lol

I am happy for you.

I am a fan of CoD thank you.

I am also a fan of BF, NCAA Football, Fallout, Skyrim, Bioshock, and several other titles I keep.

It has flaws. Every single CoD does. They have all said the same thing for years.

"This is the worst CoD ever."

"This game is broken."

"The took my money and ran."

It has flaws yes but I enjoy the game.

I am simply pointing out that even though you are done with this game you are on the forums for it. I don't understand why you bothered b*tching about the game and not just stop playing it?

I never said you were an idoit and will not get into an internet troll flame-war with you. I am happy for you getting your money. Now I look forward to you leaving the forums with your derogatory remarks. Enjoy your next game.

what derogatory remark? fanboy doesnt quite qualify... lol

and for that matter... what the hell does the south have to do with anything?

people are on forums for games that dont exist yet...and i own MW3... i somehow shouldnt be on here? i bet you wouldnt care if i was praising mw3 if i didnt have it...

you like the game, good for you.... ignorance is bliss i suppose.. lol... but seriously, good for you... have fun with it... i dont... My opinion is just as valid as yours...

if you dont like it... well... im sure you can fill in the rest

but the simple fact is... people asked for an update on getting a refund... so i gave it... that means unlike 99% of the threads on here, it actually has/had a purpose

Fanboy is derogatory. Hillbilly?

So you meant fanboy in the most respectful polite way right? Sure.

You don't like the game dude. Just sell it! You are not fixing any issues with the constant complaining.

I congratulated you on your finding of the refund.

I am not ignorant. I admit the game has flaws. I have being playing CoD since before it ever even hit consoles. I see the flaws in this game. I have heard the same thing said about every single CoD.

You post was a success. You told people that if they called customer support they could get their money back if they stated that they were unhappy. Good work.

Again if you truly don't like this game then why play it and not just sell it?

itzatrap wrote:

Fanboy is derogatory. Hillbilly?

So you meant fanboy in the most respectful polite way right? Sure.

You don't like the game dude. Just sell it! You are not fixing any issues with the constant complaining.

I congratulated you on your finding of the refund.

I am not ignorant. I admit the game has flaws. I have being playing CoD since before it ever even hit consoles. I see the flaws in this game. I have heard the same thing said about every single CoD.

You post was a success. You told people that if they called customer support they could get their money back if they stated that they were unhappy. Good work.

Again if you truly don't like this game then why play it and not just sell it?

did i say hillbilly somewhere? not seeing it but sounds familiar... the company i work for is based in nashville and they are less sensitive then you are about it.. its a joke...

some people like to live up to the stereotype... and usually end up on Cops.. lol... where they live is irelevant..

as for the question... cant say really... lol... my friends hate it but still play it... i'll admit i swayed off topic a bit but my main beef was with Elite, not MW3... I likely will trade it in once the refund goes through... but it hasnt happened yet...

but im ok buying a shitty game... isnt the first time and wont be the last.... i may hang on to mw3 just for private matches with friends, who knows?

i started the thread with "consider this a rant"... so i dont understand the confusion... i was pissed that i had a $60 subscription for DLC to a crappy game and hadnt seen a single peice of it yet in more then 2 month... and that i was getting a refund... more then one person seemed pretty interested in finding out so its not like im alone... there is 2 pages of people that agree... nobody was starting ****... so the big question is... why do you feel these forums are only for fans with no complaints? These are official boards, one can hope Activision gets the message...

i was a fan too.... THAT is why i feel the need to *****... i dont want this game to suck, i want to play it and enjoy it... if i didnt care, then i wouldnt bother...and once i do trade the game in, then i'll stop posting... but not until then

Good answer. I live in Tennessee and yeah we all talk southern. I am pretty sure it was you that said Hillbilly. I have been wrong before but hey.

One way to have fun with it is to not take it so seriously. It is game.

Good response and thanks for answering the question. Gamestop is open until 9pm everywhere.

itzatrap wrote:

Good answer. I live in Tennessee and yeah we all talk southern. I am pretty sure it was you that said Hillbilly. I have been wrong before but hey.

One way to have fun with it is to not take it so seriously. It is game.

Good response and thanks for answering the question. Gamestop is open until 9pm central time and they have stores on Glen, Nolens, and by the Metroplex I think

haha.. im actually Canadian.... company is a division of Ingram Industries in la vergne... was understood it was very close to nashville but never got to go down myself.. the big shots always came up here.. and they make more hillybilly jokes then anyone!!! lol.... i really meant nothing by it...

and your right... i should just play to have fun... and i do.... but after playing games and sports for most of my life, i naturally have a competitive streak... i dont mind getting beaten at all but this game seems to cause you to lose for 20 reasons other then not being as good as the other guy... putting 20 rounds into someone and dying in 1 shot etc..

that frustrates me... but Elite was the ultimate piss off for me... seemed like im already sick of this game yet have $60 worth of DLC coming to me over the next 9 months...lol... i shouldnt have ordered it honestly without checking out the game..

i made a point to never pre-order anything in my life... mw3 was the first...and last.. lol... part of it is my fault no doubt but Activision has really dropped the ball on it after making a **** ton of money on it...