37 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2012 10:06 PM by lilbaily2 RSS

Who do we complain too ?? DLC

elite_force1uk

Am i right in thinking that we have to direct problems and complaints to a few guys on twitter ??

am i the only one seeing the problem with this?

This company earns 1billion dollars in the 1st 16 days and there too tight to hire any staff

or pay new staff to fix the bloody game.. its 3 months on and the games still broken!

and now there advertising new dlc LOL, I for one will NOT be puchasing any DLC untill this game is fixed

(hopefullymany other feel the same)

(if only thier attention was aimed at the quailty of the game,instead its aimed at exploiting young kids via social media )

• Re: Who do we complain too ?? DLC
    yovlud

2 months.

You don't work for free, so what does them making money have to do with anything?

Don't buy the DLC...simple as that.

If you aren't happy with the game, sell it, and save the frustration.

elite_force1uk

i dont work for free ?? plz explain

I allready have sold it an got a full refund after 2 months of playing it,

bought a 2nd hand copy for half the price in the same shop lol

(in case ppl dont know,this game breaches the sales of goods act 1979

and the "standard quality" and "as described" part and will get you a refund anywhere)

(in the uk, us an other countrys i dont know about)

"so what does them making money have to do with anything?"

simple, a company product that has earnt this much money should be flawless

in quality and have an excellent after sales care anything else is just inexcusable

what other company can get away with this?

eBay does.

trialstardragon

there are no such things as flawless games online and never has been and never will be. that is the problem that most players do not ever seem to learn or understand.

The game is not broken it does work, just not as you expected it to, which does not make it broken.

what other company can get away with this. Any online game company. Even blizzard does this with its games for the PC. In the modern age where companies can just make a patch and the send it out, there is less of a need or worry to be 100% with the games anymore.

Plus even if the game was 100% there would be some players that would not like how it performed and call it broke, which does not make it so. It just means it did not live up to their views of how the game should have worked.

Just because you had issues with it, does not make it broke. No where on the box does it say the game will work 100% to your liking each and every time you use it.

sekone

When I asked for my refund for elite they told me  to take it back to the retailer.I asked several questions but unfortunatley no one I spoke with seemed to have have any knowledge of the game peroid so they couldn't anwser any questions. Good luck if you to want a refund for somethig that doesn't and won't work because obviously there are other pressing matters more important than gameplay.

elite_force1uk

Trialsdragon ...

Erm .. guessing your a Mod or other Employee here to Balance out the justified hate towards

how people have been treated.

anyway ,

"The single player works fine. And since MP is a privlege and not a right,"

Erm .. i bought this game soley for multiplayer as did im sure 99% of other people,

it was advertised as being and online multiplayer so im afraid it is a Right!

"it not being perfect in your view does not really matter"

Erm .. i think me a few million other players would disagree with you there lol,

2 years work (if you can call it that) multimillion $$ budget ..there really are NO excuses

elite_force1uk wrote:

Erm .. i bought this game soley for multiplayer as did im sure 99% of other people,

Perhaps you should read disclaimers.  They can end the multiplayer aspect of it at any time if they wish to.  You are not entitled to multiplayer being available.  Also as I already pointed out since you went and got a refund for your copy of the game why are you even still here whining about it?

elite_force1uk

Soth wrote:

elite_force1uk wrote:

Perhaps you should read disclaimers.  They can end the multiplayer aspect of it at any time if they wish to.  You are not entitled to multiplayer being available.  Also as I already pointed out since you went and got a refund for your copy of the game why are you even still here whining about it?

OOhh ..  another IW defender, how long you been on the salary ? lol

if you scroll up an actually read what i said you will see i said i bought a 2nd hand copy of the game with the refund money. So when do you think there going to end multiplayer? next week ? or just after they sell a load of dlc LOL

(flogging a head horse)

Oh that's right.  You're the tool who abused the system in place in your country for dissatisfied users by claiming you didn't want the game (because it's broken) then turning around and buying a used copy instead (so you could save a few bucks).  Too bad they don't also have a system in place to prosecute people like you who cheat the system that's in place to benefit legitimate complaintants.  You clearly don't think the game is all that broken if you wanted a copy so you could continue playing.  You're basically no better than a glitcher/cheater/modder, you're scum.

trialstardragon

No, it is not a right but a privilege, MP is never a right. it is a service that they control and can end even if you do not agree to it.

And they never promised it would be 100% perfect ever. That is an assumption that people make foolishly. Online games are never perfect nor ever can be. There is always going to be some issue that is found that some player will not like about them. But that does not make it broke.

The service is not perfect, it will have isssues and that does not make it broke just flawed. And there is a difference between flawed and broke. Broke does not work at all as intended or hoped for. Flawed works but sometimes has problems that need to be ironed out. The game is flawed, not broke.

Just as all pc games have been and all console games have been since the creation of console games or pc games. Or else there never would be need for patches.

But in today's world where tha average buyer has a memory span of about the size of a mole rat. Developers have to press out new gamea as fast and as often as possible to make sure they can maintian a constant player base.

To properly develop these games and test them on the level needed to make sure the were even near 97% bug free would take at least 3 years more closer to 4. 1 for idea creation, the second for acutal coding and design and the third for testing and revising as needed. But because how popular the Cod series is, they do not get that amount of time to do so. They have at most 2 years. Which means parts of the game get rushed to make sure it reaches the dealine date for shipping and sales.

sgtGanGreen

And they never promised it would be 100% perfect ever. That is an assumption that people make foolishly. Online games are never perfect nor ever can be. There is always going to be some issue that is found that some player will not like about them. But that does not make it broke.

I agree with this but they never bothered to fix anything even on MW2

Other games fix they multiplayer with patches

I never asked for 100% working multiplayer, at least fix some issues you already know about

Token glitch, sniper knifing glich, quickscoping, knifing from 20ft, improve connection (this is main problem and it will never be fixed) and so on

Or at least pretend you care and realease some fix patches and say we try to fix but sorry we can't and we will say thank you for trying

No, the people who are host need to get off their crappy router and buy a new one.  These people that are lagging every five seconds can't make a $50 dollar investment that will last ten years so they have to freaking use a slow 1990's model router.

Not saying I am one of those people.  I worship Netgear!

xxsuckafreeeeexx

I don't understand why people like dragon and soth take up for this game. Facts are facts MW3 is broken and so is Elite which is part of the multiplayer experience that a lot of people have paid for.

Maybe because people are discussing OPINIONS in this thread and not FACTS.

OPINIONS mean nobody can be right or wrong

FACTS offer a definative answer

Some people have problems with the game because it doesn't meet their expectations, then come here and scream that the game is broken. Other people have absolutely no problems with the game at all, it works fine and as expected for them.

So if only SOME people are having problems, the game cannot be 'broken' by definition, if it was then EVERYBODY would have the same problems. However because only SOME people are having problems, it means the game needs tweaking to make it suitable for everyone. Alternatively IW could ignore all the complaints as the people complaining actually only make up a small amount of the playerbase, not the 'millions' figure that was sprouted.

Lastly just because a company makes $$ millions, does NOT mean there product should be perfect, thats a laughable claim and shows your ultimate nievety and rather childish attitude. I could list 5 companies right now in the UK that have an absolute rubbish product but they make a million ££ a year because they do the hard part right - marketing.

Well, its a company. As long as people are buying their product while they keep costs low, they are doing a great job (in their terms), simple as that. They dont care about the bad image something makes to the public as long as the money rolls. Every (bigger) company I have worked is just like that.

Dont buy. Thats the only language they will listen to. Hell, thats the only language the whole planet listens to.

elite_force1uk
          • WOW .. all these fanboys/employee's sole purpose on these forums is defend Infinitysward's piss poor game as soon as a negative post is posted.

• yet no one has actually answered the question !!

Fact :  Elite is Broken,Theatre Mode is Broken,Quality of the game in General is Dire !

(my views are shared by 100's of friends on my youtube channel and 1000s of friends on there channels an so on & so on)

To the incognito forum Employee's & Fanboys,Defend this Clip

Message was edited by: elite_force1uk

So anyone who doesn't agree with you is an employee or a fanboy??

Grow the f**k up moron.

As for that clip, I could easily show you the same thing from Black Ops, MW2, WaW, CoD4 ....

elite_force1uk

I just dont get why people are so passionate about defending a company that obviously

doesnt give a dam about its customers and that released a product onto the market

that is broken and is a very poor standard on every level compared to previous cod installments.

We all love CoD or we wouldnt be here, we were all promised a new cod last year..

feels like im still waiting for it

please post your links you mentioned about

Black Ops, MW2, WaW, CoD4 ...  (or is was that Bullcr@p too?)

My point is a product is only 'broken' if EVERYONE can see it is broken - that isn't the case for this game as the people saying it's 'broken' are only a small population of the overall playerbase. Everyone owns the same disk, which the game runs from, so why isn't the game 'broken' for everyone?

Yes the game has problems, we know that some people see them more than others, but you saying anyone who doesn't agree with you is an employee or a fanboy makes you look nothing but childish.

As it happens I also see the problems, very regularly, but I don't have a go at people who don't see those problems. It's unconstructive and futile. Screaming at the devs is the same, don't you think if they had a magical fix they would have used it? Simple fact is - it will never be right for everyone. Of the 7 TU that have come out, each 1 has made things better for some and worse for others. That in itself shows that although the game is partly at fault, there is something else at work. Make yourself a million and find out what it is.

As for clips, I don't own a PVR and never will. However for many, Black Ops was a LOT worse than MW3, I've had people on this forum witness me shooting somebody in the final killcam, in Hardcore, and get 8 hitmarkers before the kill. And that was tame!

TL;DR - your opinion is yours, and you're welcome to it. Just so long as you respect the opinion of others

thats funny cos i did exactly the same thing last night in a hard core mode.

saw guy run to corner then up went ac130 popped round corner and he just standing there so i lined up my ump for the easy head shot pulled the trigger and nothing.

pulled again nothing.

so i knifed him. must have bought a clip of blanks.

wish i could do the video upload thing but cant be bothered but it was just like yours a wtf moment

To properly develop these games and test them on the level needed to make sure the were even near 97% bug free would take at least 3 years more closer to 4. 1 for idea creation, the second for acutal coding and design and the third for testing and revising as needed. But because how popular the Cod series is, they do not get that amount of time to do so. They have at most 2 years. Which means parts of the game get rushed to make sure it reaches the dealine date for shipping and sales.

Surely it's more damaging to company who release inferior products, than taking 3 years to release a game that's 97% bug free? It's only mid Jan, two months after release and people are already taking about B.O! Not a good look is it!

I disagree with your time line for MW3, it's basically the same game as before, so hardly a new concept, or engine, the foundations are already there so surley 2 years should be ample, and you have two other companies helping out? And it's not like you came up with ground breaking ideas, a lot of what we see in MW3 have been taken from B.O and other games.

Would it not also be of interest to spend time developing the online expereince which most people buy it for? I haven't even bothered to complete campaign, same as alot of my mates, so I think your missing your target audience.

And what is your stance on Elite, you think the people who payed up front are getting their money's worth? You think it works well, or do you think you over-sold a concept that is broken, sorry, flawed.

sgtGanGreen

Other games fix they multiplayer with patches

I never asked for 100% working multiplayer, at least fix some issues you already know about

Token glitch, sniper knifing glich, quickscoping, knifing from 20ft, improve connection (this is main problem and it will never be fixed) and so on

Or at least pretend you care and realease some fix patches and say we try to fix but sorry we can't and we will say thank you for trying

obzi

I have Elite, I payed for it and so far I am happy with what I will get for my money.  I would normally buy every DLC, I wont have to mess around buying points, I will get it straight away, etc and it works out roughly the same amount of money anyway.  The online Elite online part for me even based what is does now is a bonus, it's just there and I don't place any huge value on it.  So to answer your question, Yes, it's worth the money already.

This is simple we can request a refund that is all. As far as anything else is concerned Activision and its partner companies can pretty much tell us to do one. They won't but they could, I know this doesnt help too much but we basically just have to hope they work to resolve some of these issues. I my self have started playing Skyrim as its awesome and less stressful than cod

josh1073

to all these people who say mw3 is fine its not and i was a cod fanboy i got every cod and dlc but they are pissing on us without the curticy of calling it rain here is a few reasons why its terrible. laglatancy so if a scrub joins your connection gets nerfed, full of 12 year old kids saying stfu and iw allows kids that are not old enough to play a 18+ game,and the best one making ps3 users wait 2 months after xbox for dlc so yeah smart move iw shaft the one platform were you cant play online with a dodgy copy and get dodgy dlc but give the console were you can get online with copys and dlc and also there are already mods (unlike ps3 were there are no mods ) iw you are a company to enspire

blueliquidised

^ Oh my word, USE FULL STOPS!! You found a comma at one point, you're so close to it! Nobody want's to decipher a block of poorly written text.

MW3 is generally not living up to expectations many had, but at the same time we'll still play it because it's not exactly a bad game. Map design is my main quarry. I don't play without my team and only if there are atleast 4 of us in a lobby as communication is key now more than ever. On my own, it is definately much less enjoyable that past installments.

Elite isn't broken, but it isn't working either, no matter how you phrase it. However, it ISN'T providing the services that had been so intensely advertised so that would be my other quarry. And I personally DO feel a little let down - 2+ months of Clan challenges would of been worth a lot of XP, but they still don't work. Without the DLC, Elite is practically nothing.

lilbaily2

If you played Homefront then you had a general complaint.  The game was literally broken.  MW3 works fine for thousands of people.  If it didn't, then it wouldn't have been the best selling media item ever.  IW is not going to change all around gameplay because a few kids do not like the transition from Black Ops to Modern Warfare.  If you have problems then that sucks, dont complain about it and call it broken when it works for so many.