32 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2012 1:44 PM by GsyReaper7 RSS

COD ELITE to lose a lot of customers next year!?

Lets start by saying Elite lied to PS3 users. They said that Elite premium members get monthly content on the console. I personally think that Elite WILL lose customers next year for the upcoming Call of Duty, on PS3 at least. Unless they can somehow change the release date, but i highly doubt that will happen.......Your guys' thoughts?

• Re: COD ELITE to lose a lot of customers next year!?

It's not Elite's fault.  I WILL be curious to see if Microsoft renews the deal with Activision to get the DLC first on the Xbox.  If they do...  They will.

I will get Elite either way.  I buy all of the map packs so it's a better deal to just get a year of Elite.  You do what you want and I will do what I want.

But think about it.....We paid $49.99 for DLC for 9 monthes.....if we get it in Feb. then thats only 8 monthes so its someones fault, maybe not ELITE's.................

In no way am i sticking up for Activision or elite etc here, but Feb till Oct is 9 months as promised dude. Just means we'll probably get about 2 weeks from the last content drop before the next game is released.

I cancelled the automatic renewal of elite on my system last night actually. I would still like a refund as well, but it's harder than getting blood from stone!

I posted on another thread about Activisions CEO of publishing saying COD ELITE was a "breakout success" I had to read it over a few times before it sunk in that thats what he actually said.....

lostinplace

They won't lose people because people are stupid! But right besides than that!

wolrdWarMe

ill fight for my refund, so theyll start losing this year.

No way in hell do I pay for this again next year.  They can try to justify it all they want, all it is is an overpriced stat tracker. And even that part of this piece of crap doesn't work right.  Everything about this years call of duty's products is a joke.  Still hoping they get sued for what they have(n't) given us.

featherman84

I will buy it again, knowing we have been f#cked hard, they said elite premium would get the DLC first, but they never said it would be  first on pricksbox, this bothers me.Think we ps3 users should get a discount or something extra because our advantage is a lot smaller, but like I said, I will buy it again cause it stays a cheap way to get all DLC.

rlbl

actually... yeah they did.

rwcgillam

We kinda do already get a discount because xbox live people have to pay to play online and we don't. 

I'm not happy about xbox getting it first either, but can't see why it really matters much, since I can't play against xbox people on my ps3 AND I get to play online for free.  Personally, I wouldn't really mind if PS3 people who didn't have elite premium got the maps the same time I did because a lot of people I play with do not have elite premium and I will not be able to play on the new maps if I play with them. 

I also think premium elite was worth it because I do get the DLC included in my membership.

*waiting for backlash*

Bleak5170

Can you guys honestly see yourselves playing this game 9 months from now? I mean it's fun right now but I'd like to think there will be a lot of better games out by that point. I can't see making any sort of financial commitment to this game to be honest.

BillBrasky

I will purchase it again just for the DLC. Elite itself is worthless to me. Combat record had much more information as far as stats, you could look at anyones in lobby, and didn't have to get on a computer/app to look at it. I really hope Treyarch brings that back, as well as the old party system. I really liked being able to join a party in about 2 seconds with 3 button pushes.

IB-CAMPIN

I'm undecided at this point. Pretty frustrated with Elite so far. Only plus is saving on DLC, but not even sure about that since they are only releasing 2 maps at a time.

Theyl lose customers next COD anyways judging by what people have been writing so far Its been the same iissues for too long and people are getting bored. As soon as someone comes up with something new, COD will die. Unless they are the ones to make the change. This arcade style of cod is just too samey for many now. out of 97 friends, all from the UK and US only about 12 even play it at all compared to when it 1st come out when i had about 35-40 playing it. It needs to change now.

rlbl

I seriously doubt they will lose... why?

because people keep buying the game.  Even if every single person on this forum never touches COD/ELITE again, there are still millions of others out there (some who have not even touched the series yet) who will buy it.

Think about the number of people who swore that Blops was going to be their last COD purchase:

- Some haven't... ok...

- Some have purchased MW3, and Elite!

Couple that with people who are skipping MW3 to purchase the next 3arc game, people who have been a away for a bit and decide to come back, and the next generation of gamers.

A lot of people do not like McDonalds food, but enough people like it that they are still in business... no matter how many stopped eating it after they watched "Super Size Me".

it's business... it really does not matter what you and I do. What matters is what the masses do... and believe it or not: The number of forum users DO NOT represent the masses (although we would like to think so sometimes)

What I will decide to do a year from now, depends on how the system is running a year from now.

Cod has peaked. Id bet anything the next game wont sell anything like they have done in the past. elite is a con unless you have a 360. if they couldnt give the people that payed the subscription equal treatment (ps3 and 360 owners) because of a deal they made with m$ then the ps3 owners should have had to pay as much. or they should have left it untill the deal was over. the way theyre doing it now is disgracfull and un fair.

I might by the next game for zombies if its included but other than that theyve taken the piss to much. not only do they half arse the games, build some new art assets and add a few lines of new or modified old code is called a mod anyone can do it, hence no real mod tools after w@w. but they have the nerve to complain about piracy even though they have the biggest selling game ever and send out a mod as a more than normal price game (not inc dlc)

**** em. up untill this game I was fine with what they were doing but now its gone too far. all they're doing is maximising profits in everyway they can.

triiviium-

They promised DLC for 9 months, they never stated when the 9 months would start. It was wrong of you to suspect it in November. They didn't start on the DLC till the day the game launched. They never once stated premium PS3 users would get it at the same time as XBOX. So once again it was wrong of you to assume.

Moon Head 92

The only way i'd buy it again, is if they do the same thing with DLC, and it works out as the same price, if they don't, then i wont simple as that.

No.  They'll add a gimicky feature,  promote/adverstise the crap out of it.  People will come.

1. Come up with a feature that won't work
    2.  Make a cool trailer
    3. Get gamespot / IGN to do an interview on it
    4. ???
    5. PROFIT!

Repeat the same model for the game itself aswell.

During BO "CoD sucks, Im never buying a COD game again"  **Watches MW3 trailer***

"I'm so buying that"

Izjar11

A good thread, and this is my opinion on Elite. I feel there is some over zealous marketer who is hating himself either at beachead or IW or activision whoever was in charge of communication really screwed up. But, its an interesting platform that does enhance your COD gaming, not by much but it does. I find the 9 month DLC release is a good idea, but yea some mistakes were made and well that's part of business.

hate to say I told you so, but I told the community so, should of listened to me

sennalike

I didn't listen, but I didn't buy Elite either! 

I get the logic of saving some money on the map packs, but seriously a glorified stat tracker?  Stats that are competely meaningless outside in the real world.  Talk about a marketing strategy that exploits the mindless.  Well done Activision, fortunately this is one cookie who didn't get sucked in and will never get sucked in, unless the price differential between Elite and map packs gets considerably bigger.  As it is I'm happy to wait and see if the maps are worth buying or not.

They will lose my $$ for sure, and i am trying to get my $$ for this years as well.

They lied to the PS3 users, Hell if i could i would return the game too.

I think all of you are missing the real point.  Yes CoD is a juggernaut in this industry and they are very good at manipulating people for their money, but this has gone on far enough.  I did not pay $50 to be put in the backseat of 360 users.  I dont care that they have a standing contract, or that I will never play with these 360 users in the first place.  It is the principal! They can not advertize something for both platforms and then tell us almost 3 months after launch (which was the absolute difinition of the word fail) that they are STILL giving DLC to 360 first?!?! Pretty sure someone is gonna sue over this crap. Idk how you slice it up, that ain't right!

I bought Elite to save myself money on the DLC i couldnt care less about anything else it offers. That said once Elite is 100% functional i think it might actually be a useful thing to have. As for the 360 getting DLC first anyone who actually bothered to check on the details would have realised Microsoft still have a contract with Activision stating they get the DLC first. That contract doesnt magically disappear because we paid for an Elite subscription, Ok maybe it should have been stated that 360 still got DLC early but in all honesty the Microsoft-Activision contract is common knowledge to most people so i can see why they never bothered saying anything i mean why bother telling people what they already know?