37 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2012 11:18 AM by lol4lol RSS

COD Awards - Worst Game Of The Year

bo2000

OK I'm done with this game. You finally did it. Hope you are glad, I finally gave up hope that you would ever work this out. I bought hardened and will never see the maps I paid for but I rather keep my sanity and not endanger my tv of throwing my pad into it. Before I go, I will give you a few awards that you rightfully deserved since you worked so hard on ruining a game that I invested many years of my life into. So here are your trophys:

Worst Matchmaking: Your game made good internet connections useless. The crappier the better is the motto you were working on patch after patch and it is impossible to stay in a lobby for more than three matches. Yeah everytime I ragequit I find out I'm the host and since I'm not getting any server fees and you are not able to write a decent netcode I'm not tolerating this crap anymore.

Worst Maps: I don't know what kind of drugs you were on when you put together this set of maps. Maybe you wanted to create a need to purchase DLC maps because this "worst of" collection is ridiculous.

Worst Spawn System: You surely had a good laugh programming this.

Worst Quality Controll: Haven't learned your lesson with MW2? Public betas made COD4 great. No public beta made MW2 a hackers paradise and MW3 has more unfixed glitches than swiss cheese has holes. You'll fix it and ban-hammer all you want but we have to suffer from people who don't care and damage-glitch their type95 and mk14 all day long. Fix that hole and another one is popping up. I'm not enduring all this crap and hope one day you got all this figured out because then there will be a new bug infested release on your doorsteps.

Worst Multiplayer Experience: You made this one so accessible it doesn't require any skill to ruin a skilled players interest. You turned COD into a arena shooter where no one has to aim anymore. With all your akimbo fmg9s and quickscoping you turned a fast paced military shooter into a circus with a lot of jumping clowns. I just miss the juggling animations even though the fmg9 comes pretty close. Add some circus music and we all get a good laugh.

Worst External Stats Site: Given that Elite is JUST a stats site because all your competitions are without real world benefit for 60-70% of the players and you haven't even got clan operation operational in two months and there's no tactical benefit for this is no tactical game anymore. So this is just a stats site and a poor one to say the least. Any premium based site other than that would be bancrupt by now.

Hope you enjoy your awards!

• Re: COD Awards - Worst Game Of The Year

I want to give another one :

Worst forum of all cods : If you want to post something you need to click twice and not more or you will double post.

And another extra one :

Worst balanced cod :

one word.... AKIMBO

sweatyclam

I concur, many of the problems can't be fixed IMO!

I am going to have to disagree about this being the worst game of the year. There was a racing game that I won't mention the name but they turn left sometimes, that was way worse than this game. It was about half a Beta yet activision pushed it out. I guess because shift 2 was coming out or something. It was a really big title but major FAIL!!!

So this game sits at 2nd worse game of the year for me...

gallp13

Some annoying features far this gamer, however the positive outweighs the negatives. So it a thumbs up here. Apologies for being contrary OP.

The OP must of been one of these guys

http://youtu.be/r8epnQewIY8

Worst Multiplayer Experience: You made this one so accessible it doesn't require any skill to ruin a skilled players interest. You turned COD into a arena shooter where no one has to aim anymore. With all your akimbo fmg9s and quickscoping you turned a fast paced military shooter into a circus with a lot of jumping clowns. I just miss the juggling animations even though the fmg9 comes pretty close. Add some circus music and we all get a good laugh.

That made me laugh al good points. I must also admit that I have started to play bf3 and if they get a few simple bugs fixed then it is the better game if your really looking for a skill shooter

FIX the lag it makes no sence that host struggles the most in this game. You punish people for paying for better internet...

bo2000 wrote:

OK I'm done with this game. You finally did it. Hope you are glad, I finally gave up hope that you would ever work this out. I bought hardened and will never see the maps I paid for but I rather keep my sanity and not endanger my tv of throwing my pad into it. Before I go, I will give you a few awards that you rightfully deserved since you worked so hard on ruining a game that I invested many years of my life into. So here are your trophys:

Worst Matchmaking: Your game made good internet connections useless. The crappier the better is the motto you were working on patch after patch and it is impossible to stay in a lobby for more than three matches. Yeah everytime I ragequit I find out I'm the host and since I'm not getting any server fees and you are not able to write a decent netcode I'm not tolerating this crap anymore.

Worst Maps: I don't know what kind of drugs you were on when you put together this set of maps. Maybe you wanted to create a need to purchase DLC maps because this "worst of" collection is ridiculous.

Worst Spawn System: You surely had a good laugh programming this.

Worst Quality Controll: Haven't learned your lesson with MW2? Public betas made COD4 great. No public beta made MW2 a hackers paradise and MW3 has more unfixed glitches than swiss cheese has holes. You'll fix it and ban-hammer all you want but we have to suffer from people who don't care and damage-glitch their type95 and mk14 all day long. Fix that hole and another one is popping up. I'm not enduring all this crap and hope one day you got all this figured out because then there will be a new bug infested release on your doorsteps.

Worst External Stats Site: Given that Elite is JUST a stats site because all your competitions are without real world benefit for 60-70% of the players and you haven't even got clan operation operational in two months and there's no tactical benefit for this is no tactical game anymore. So this is just a stats site and a poor one to say the least. Any premium based site other than that would be bancrupt by now.

Hope you enjoy your awards!

couldnt agree more with every point...

i cancelled my Elite subcription but still have thr game.... only worth 20 on trade if that (they already have about 30 used copies)

i usually try to indentify with the devs... they are doing a job and publishers can virtually sabotage their efforts at times.... but i now truely feel IW/SH are incompetant and there is no hope for this title... they dont even seem to see what the rest of us see..

they are hell-bent on making the game they want... and the majority of the community hates it but they continue to push their broken philosphy on everyone anyways.. we decide what game we want.. if they choose to ignore everyone, then **** them... people will go somewhere else.... hope they saved all those dollars they scammed from everyone because if there is any reason to the universe, it should be the end of IW and SH..

its not even about the game.. its their way of doing business...

theatriks

You know, I think they're fine with that.

Still makes it GotY.

cwdavy

I'm starting to get fedup with all this hate now.

Sure I've said my part, moaned and moaned some more.  But i've seen a great improvment in the game with the updates which get downloaded via the MP interface. Yes the information which most gamers got about elite was mis-leading, most people failed to read the TOS (i was one) if you don't like it sell it, get a refund or what ever. If you enjoy BF3, go and play it!

END OF LINE.

haahahah best post eva <3

sad thing is all of these are true

the only thing this game is good at is givin you a laugh (or a rage depending on moment) is when someone spawns out of your ass hole and then knife you in the ass

Nubdub

What is the great improvement you have seen cwdavy? The only changes I have seen so far are "buttons in clan tags" removed and 5% of token glitchers getting banned. Neither of which affects my multiplayer experience. They have fixed nothing that matters. The true game breakers like matchmaking/lag compensation and spawning are as bad as the day the game was released. Not sure who is in charge over at IW but they do not have priorities straight.

bo2000

I've paid a 100 bucks and they gradually made a broken game worse so I have every right to rant all day long. They did some cosmetic changes to the game but the real issues remain or got worse so I don't know why you are praising them.

MW3 isn't the worst game of the year.

Perhaps the multiplayer is the greatest disappointment in gaming of the year, but the game itself wasn't so bad.

Yeah, BF3 is a better game, but NO ONE plays it! I'd rather play with my friends on a shitty game than play alone on a good one. I game socially when I play on XBOX LIVE.

vims1990

Worst game of the year...hardly. Frustrating...yes to a certain extent when you look at connectivity, akimbo machine pistols & spawns.

MW3 can be fun at times but I don't get the same feeling to when I played Black Ops in the first few months (from a XBOX 360 players perspective).

Crysis 2's multiplayer & Brink were my worst FPS of the year. If you played Crysis 2, connectivity was terrible, matchmaking was horrid & there was no post launch support when you compare it to MW3 post launch support so far.

Brink was hyped out to become a solid FPS but ended up in the bargin bin at my local game store a month later after the game came out.

COD Elite: No clan operations disappoint me & the site itself is buggy but I really only upgraded to premium for the maps.

Worst game of the year...no BUT most disappointing....yes if you look at it's failures so far.

avengedyesterday

The game is what it is. Is it the best game of the year? Not even close. But the game does it's job, it appeals to the masses. The majority of players aren't hardcore gamers. They don't know anything about lag comp all they want to do is kill people and get killstreaks. That has always been the base of the COD community.

They didn't put enough effort into making this a new call of duty. Everything about it feels recycled. Even if it wasn't I just don't see how much 'new' they can bring to the series anyways. Some new perks? Some new killstreaks? A few new game modes?

bo2000

The base of COD has always been competetive players and glitchers. Noobs didn't last long (COD2-MW2) and were not given anything for their lack of skill. This most accessible multiplayer experiences prefers crap connections and low skill gameplay. So be it. Noob vs. noob but serious players can't get any fun or challenge out of this.

bo2000 wrote:

The base of COD has always been competetive players and glitchers. Noobs didn't last long (COD2-MW2) and were not given anything for their lack of skill. This most accessible multiplayer experiences prefers crap connections and low skill gameplay. So be it. Noob vs. noob but serious players can't get any fun or challenge out of this.

sounds about right... sucking is what makes you learn.... i remember when i first got into counter-strike, it was months before i could muster more then a few lucky kills... but that large learning curve is what kept me playing it for over 5 years...

these games arent meant to last... it goes against their business model of ditching a game after 9 months and selling you a new one.. and when you have a crap game, it becomes very easy to market the next one as everything the players really wanted will be included!!

lol..

bo2000 wrote:

But Dead Man's Hand is the most balanced feature in CoD of all time!

ALL TIME!!

elite_force1uk

agreed

mischaelite

PM me if you wish to sell your Hardened Edition, if you have not used up Elite that is. I have a younger member of the family who would be very happy.

I could not agree more, this game is horrible. To be honest the trend is very noticeable from mw2; make the game more accessible, attract more newbies, get more cash, not arsed about the final product.

Only trouble is, what was once a much respected fps, has now turned into a laughing stock, quite literally. A lot of the new players that are attracted to this joke of a franchise, feel no remorse when either boosting, glitching etc. Now is it just me, but on top of that i find i am ads, and some plonker on my side just runs straight into me knocking off my aim, that's enough to send me off on one.

Congrats on creating the worst player base of any online game to date, money grabbing is not a pleasant trait and should be reserved for the likes of the mob.

bo2000

I just learned in another thread, that it's possible to obtain hidden perks, camos and maybe even weapons through tempering ELITE. People also wrote it's possible to obtain two primaries without the Overlord perk and some other nasty stuff. I'm not going into detail because this hacking site has already enough clients. Just want to point out what a piece of garbage this game is.

For all the trolls out there. I'm not going to shut up and play the game. I'm not even selling it for nobody wants it. As a legal customer I make use of my right to rant and rave all day long until I get some serious feedback, timetables and whatnot from the developers of this piece of crap.

this game is 100% bullshit .

robert bowling i want to put my mw3 hardend edition down your throat...

i'll do it for free

after like 4 months of the game being releases elite still doesnt work 100%

the game still has bullshit connection...

the game is still not balanced...

type 95 / akimbo machine pistols are still not nerfed...

well you know what **** you iw