8 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2012 1:41 AM by wrecku RSS

Gun Reloads itself and Swaps itself

Sometimes while I'm running my gun swaps to my side weapon or when I go to shoot someone it reloads itself and I haven't ran out of ammo in my clip. Also, sometimes when I just spawn my gun fires a few bullets or trys reloads itself even though the mag is full. My controller isn't messed up because it works fine with every other game.

• Re: Gun Reloads itself and Swaps itself

its gotta be your controler bro, happend to me in Black ops. i took it apart and tried fixing it some how, put it back together and work for like a day. if you have any other controlers test those out' if not you should go buy a new controler just for GP.

(its the L3)

kakashi12210 wrote:

Sometimes while I'm running my gun swaps to my side weapon or when I go to shoot someone it reloads itself and I haven't ran out of ammo in my clip. Also, sometimes when I just spawn my gun fires a few bullets or trys reloads itself even though the mag is full. My controller isn't messed up because it works fine with every other game.

This happens to me all the time when I have a sniper rifle. It's very annoying when you need to shoot a second guy shooting at you but your weapon switches or you have to reload(after one shot).

But this has only happened to me when I use sniper rifles so I know it can't be my controller or wouldn't my other weapons do the same thing?

Badkat907

Its the controller. I have a sixaxis controller that does the weapon change thing, sometimes even puts me in an uncontrolable crouch. My other ps controller is non vibrating and newer and works fine. I too thought it was some kind of glitch until I investigated it more. New controller, problem fixed

I'm not disagreeing with anyone who says it's controller as it happens to me but it's random and not all the time but some games it auto switches to my secondary at the start of each game and then if I cap a flag etc.

I've got x2 xontrollers and it does it on both, I also get where the gun drops from aim and hip fires while targeting an enemy, I've put it down to lag and am keeping my options open on the controller issue !!!

Something similar happened to me too. I spawned with the L11, started sprinting, and my gun became a UMP.

My ppm901 range/ext mags lately decides to just stop shooting about 1/2 through a clip even though im mashing down R1. I only use it on DZ.

It's a glitch. And it's a recent one. Something to do wth servers I'm guessing.

I've got an excellent connection (ADSL2+, 22ms ping, fully portforwarded open NAT} and it still happens occasionally. Doesn't matter if I use my old controller or my new one. Definately not accidental button hit either I'm not that uncoordinated {unless I have split personality disorder}.

Even though I have a good connection I have noticed some erratic lobbying % count-up behaviour ie slow and stops at about 50%.

Netcomm NB6Plus4W router. Internode IP

In regional South Australia.