38 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2012 7:46 PM by slopingpainter2 RSS

Akimbo FMG's and Strikers' with Range attatchments

These, if anything, are the two guns in Modern Warfare 3 that are waaay too over powering. it takes no skill to use a striker that has the range attatchment on it and run around a map in any game type (Esp. HC) and hip fire at enemies from 50ft+ away and kill them...... that is totally unrealistic and probably the noobest thing i have seen in mw3. the second worst thing is the akimbo FMGs... if you have this, you just shoot and get kills. you see someone running in front of you, hold RT and LT and you get a kill... you see someone running at 80ft away and you hold RT and LT and get a kill... anyone agree with me?

• Re: Akimbo FMG's and Strikers' with Range attatchments

FMG's have been nerfed and its really weeded out the scrub advantage. The striker needs to have its damaged toned down, IMO its the damage at the range. I love the idea of a shotgun with this range.

Ok i use the FMG's but with my sniper rirle. i cant / dont know how to quickscope to whilst moving around i'll pull out the kimbo FMG's. i do not however run around with them as a primary like some plp cos i like sniping, just sometimes hard to find a decent spot on such small maps.

BUT - YES they prob are a bit powerful and rangey i sometimes shock myself with some of the kills i get with them but they are in the game and they help with my sniper class

the range is fine its just the ridiculous amounts of damage it does at that range. im sorry but even in HC, a striker w/ range at 60ft away AND behind a wall should NOT kill someone.

NO Are you crazy? lol Just about everyone who knows that the (For Mindless GamerS) Where not NERFED enough.... Not as many people use the Type Noobified but still OP after the Nurf... The striker need its range on the (RANGE) attachment needs to be nerfed a bit... While all the ShotGUNS need a Nice Damage Buff....

Actually they have the same damage output as most other MP's.

The thing that makes them great is that they have such a high capacity.

What is it? like 30 rounds? It could be a primary in its own rights.

Tone it down to 15 (or the size of a G18's), and watch how many people go back to other MP's.

Personally, Scorpions are much better because you can hit a relitively small target over a long distance and still be accurate.

i just hate that people can set their mentalilty, while using a striker to, "Oh, im just gonna use a stiker with the range profeciency and kill people at the same distance that i would with an ACR..." not to mention the fact that it IS still a shotgun and can be used at point blank range just as well.... it just makes the gun way to strong.

Okay I have refrained from posting in threads such as this for a long time but I'm sick of this "wah wah wah nerf this, nerf that....type 95 is overpowered...striker is way overpowered wah wah I got scoped from across the map...akimbo FMG's are so overpowered" Please just shut up. Nothing in the game is overpowered but what happens is you get owned by somebody using a weapon that you can't use and you don't like it.

There are far more important things to be fixed in game other then weapons you 12 year olds consider overpowered.

fantasmo

>Unrealistic, are you retarded or something, shotguns don't only shoot 1-2 feet.

You don't understand how difficult it is to use the striker, try getting it to level 31 and see how many "beast" games you get while using it - be warned its not as easy to use as the no recoil ACR.

FMG Akimbos need to be dealt with, the striker isnt OP its range is a little bit much but thats about it.

KronosX8

They're both overpowered. I'm number 1 buckshot on xbox and its not the damage or the range, it's the ridiculous firerate combine with the above. As for the FMG's, they have the highest damage output of any weapon, you can combine them with blind eye and down most air support with one akimbo clip, they should just remove akimbo from machine pistols all together, they're already strong enough. They're just secondaries.

I concur all Akimbo should be removed. This is the only change needed to weapons. This said it is not high priority right now as other things need fixing first, will have to live with it for the moment.

Striker is fine. Type 95 fine dont really see the issue here.

sorenblades

So much QQ about weapons. I use the striker, and I still suck at this game. By many people on this forums logic, I should be ripping it up, reality however is quite different. Good players using good guns is what makes the game, and there are far worse issues than the weapons anyway. I've seen enemy names come up in green (friendly contact), only to have them blast me, 3 hit markers with the afore mentioned striker at a range of no more than 4 feet, insane lag, and spawning directly infront of the enemy with my back turned to them. I would call all of these issues a bit more pressing than just what weapons some people do not happen to like.

jcostanzo27

Stryker with range... hmmm great idea..

im gonna try that tonight,

Tanks

no one said anything about the type 95, nothing is wrong with it. the striker just does too much damage at ranged distances. it will kill you at a range of 4 feet or 24 feet. and akimbo taken away from machine pistols is a great idea. two thumbs up on that. paroxysm69, i use an AK-47 which is one of the hardest guns to use in the game because it has so much recoil. all i was saying is that people that run around with a striker w/ range on it and kill people using guns that arent totally easy as hell to use. people that use strikers and fail with them mean they need to go play halo or something...

no one said anything about the type 95, nothing is wrong with it. the striker just does too much damage at ranged distances. it will kill you at a range of 4 feet or 24 feet. and akimbo taken away from machine pistols is a great idea. two thumbs up on that. paroxysm69, i use an AK-47 which is one of the hardest guns to use in the game because it has so much recoil. all i was saying is that people that run around with a striker w/ range on it and kill people using guns that arent totally easy as hell to use. people that use strikers and fail with them mean they need to go play halo or something...

scolia5044

I havent really tired the striker too many players run with it im a big fan of the KSG.But i dont see the problem with the FMG'S and the range on the Striker it honestly doesnt matter if the player is bad the range or the akimbo's wont help there are far more things that should be taken care of with this game

ACII

I've always thought that they should just take explosives and shotguns out of the game if they can't even be remotely realistic.  With a shotgun, you can kill someone easy at 50 yards with like a 3 in diameter hole in their chest.  In this game, you did need to be within a foot or 2 to get a kill, but with the striker with range you can be a little farther away.  I'm sure without lag comp it would be better because if someone is blasting you and you have the lag handicap, you're screwed no matter what and that makes them appear more powerful.

06kev12

Ive used the striker a lot. Mostly use range when unlocked. It really isn't that overpowered. Ive been taken out at close range by all sorts of guns. Thats after getting hit markers. I also got hit markets at very close range., then killed by fmgs.

asasa

Of all things to complain about, a shotgun.. with range.. in hardcore? LMFAO.

The ACR 1 hit kills at any range, while a highly limited range shotgun is overpowered?

avengedyesterday

asasa wrote:

Of all things to complain about, a shotgun.. with range.. in hardcore? LMFAO.

The ACR 1 hit kills at any range, while a highly limited range shotgun is overpowered?

Not to mention pretty much nobody rushes in hardcore. I'll give the shotgun user a pat on the back for agreeing to be everyone elses target practice.

50 ft is unrealistic for a shotgun? In real life the aa-12 has an effective range of 175 meters.

BI20CK wrote:

it takes no skill to use a striker that has the range attatchment on it and run around a map in any game type (Esp. HC) and hip fire at enemies from 50ft+ away and kill them...... that is totally unrealistic

Actually since you are stating realism.  Maximum lethal range for many shotguns using buckshot is 40-50 yards which is 120-150 ft.  So your realism argument is flawed.

If you wan't realism then all shotguns need to be buffed.

mickilla

At this point I've given up on realism, but just for the sake of game balance something really has to be done about all these spray-friendly weapons. They dumb down the whole process of combat to a point where skill becomes completely irrelevant. How many brain cells does it take to just hold down the trigger and move your hipfire reticule only vaguely towards the target?

Maybe that's exactly what the devs were hoping for- that it might make things so easy that no retard would be left behind. And I might have approved of such a move, if only the application of keen marksmanship could possibly grant better results than the spray. Too bad it doesn't. With the lag, hit detection flaws, and high flinch per hit, spraying holds far too many advantages over precision weapons to make marksmanship a worthwhile skill to employ.

Now if this wasn't a first-person shooter, that might be acceptable. But this IS a first-person shooter, so being a good shot should be relevant. Really is a crying shame that the devs let things get this far out of hand. 

So you want to get rid of all automatic weapons then?  Make only semi auto, pump action, and burst fire weapons?  Everything else is a "spray-friendly" weapon as you put it.

mickilla wrote:

At this point I've given up on realism, but just for the sake of game balance something really has to be done about all these spray-friendly weapons. They dumb down the whole process of combat to a point where skill becomes completely irrelevant. How many brain cells does it take to just hold down the trigger and move your hipfire reticule only vaguely towards the target?

Maybe that's exactly what the devs were hoping for- that it might make things so easy that no retard would be left behind. And I might have approved of such a move, if only the application of keen marksmanship could possibly grant better results than the spray. Too bad it doesn't. With the lag, hit detection flaws, and high flinch per hit, spraying holds far too many advantages over precision weapons to make marksmanship a worthwhile skill to employ.

Now if this wasn't a first-person shooter, that might be acceptable. But this IS a first-person shooter, so being a good shot should be relevant. Really is a crying shame that the devs let things get this far out of hand. 

mickilla wrote:

It doesn't take that many more brain cells to look down the sights either

hellraiser4368

WAH!!!! i use the striker a ton on hckc and it is not O.P. i get hit markers constantly from inside 5 ft. sometimes 2-3 hitmarkers and die as a result of it. im so sick of hearing all this whining and crying about nerfing this gun and that gun. just quit crying and play the damn game. all the other shotguns are horrible in this game and it would be a shame if they did anything to the striker because of some cry babies.

I love using the striker on hard hat, have used it on all maps but it's very nice on hardhat. Whats even better is hearing the other team get pissed when they get hit with the striker. Don't have akimo fmgs, don't care for the fmgs. Rather have a SMAW or a pistol.

Just forget the FMG and Striker for a little while. The damage prof. on ANYTHING is the worst right now. The only thing you can do is report and pray

gallp13

Akimbo FMG change code to allow used to say 3rd prestige only.

Moon Head 92

So people do actually cry about anything... well done op, well done.

Unrealistic????? You have obviously never shot a shotgun in real life. You can kill a person with a 12 gauge buck or slugger from well over 100 ft... If anything I think this is more realistic I've always hated how weak shotguns have been in COD games shotguns in real life behave so much differently. If anything is unrealistic its thinking someone can RUN around with a Barret 50. Cal sniper and shot it from the shoulder accurately this thread is ridiculous.

You cant bring up " unrealistic". Irl a shotgun can actually shoot farther than 50ft.  If this game was realistic then

1. Shotguns would be OP. OHK at ranges up to 100ft. 2. A Barret would OHK all the time.     3. No quickscoping

I dont get the problem. If i see a guy with a shotgun i just ru naway and put some distance  between us.