1 2 3 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2012 3:42 AM by trialstardragon RSS

Community says - Stopping Power

Hot-Topic debate thread!

Question:

Stopping Power has been removed from the Call Of Duty lineage twice. Would you like to see the return of Stopping Power?

Give me your vote of yes or no and why!

I look forward to your answers,

Cheers~ KLNG JOHN.

EDIT:

Guys, If stopping power was added, gun damage would be decreased to a similar level found in MW / WAW / MW2.

Sorry for the misconception.

• 1. Re: Community says - Stopping Power

No, guns already kill too fast, which puts too much emphasis on connection and who starts shooting first.  If they bring back stopping power, a damage decrease across the board would need to be done to all weapons.

• 2. Re: Community says - Stopping Power

You are not the community just one player

• 3. Re: Community says - Stopping Power

Are you refering to me or Weezy?

You might want to reread the topic, because I'm pretty sure I'm asking the community what they'd like.

• 4. Re: Community says - Stopping Power

No stopping power is a perk that was a bit OP. Even with Cold Blooded people always picked stoping power. I used stoping power all the time in MW2 and was glad to see it removed. Besides with FMJs being an attachment in MW2 stopping power diddent make sence, exactly what gave you the abilty to kill faster if it wasent FMJs?

• 5. Re: Community says - Stopping Power

Yes, I figured people would realize that a univeral damage decrease would happen.

So everyone please remember that damage will go down to MW2-ish damage (w/o stopping power)

Put in a better perspective... One/two more bullet(s) to kill.

• 6. Re: Community says - Stopping Power

Why the hell would you need stopping power in this game? The guns are already more powerful in this game than they were in every other COD WITH stopping power. They already ruined COD for the ten percent of ADD tweens who came to the forums to complain about campers or anybody else who actually played with any kind of strategy other than to run at full speed up the middle of the map chasing red dots and shooting anything that moves.

They seriously need to realize that the majority of people who come on the forums to complain are not representative of the majority of COD players. Just because all the tweens come on to complain about quick scoping, stopping power and assassin does not mean that everybody else feels that way, they just don't bother wasting their time posting countless threads on the forums.

And no, this rant isn't directed towards you, I know it's just a simple question which I answered in the first 2 sentences. The rest of it is just a rant about the game in general.

• 7. Re: Community says - Stopping Power

I think it was balanced.
    Don't mistake "overused" with "overpowered".

It also provided a counter to Cold Blooded... something that has yet to be done.

Also, FMJ didn't increase bullet damage per say.

It increase bullet damage when penatrating a surface, giving it the ability to go through surfaces more easily.

Not in normal situations.

Why it was often saught after... I have no idea. Possibly to get to extended mags. Thats the only reason I used it.

• 8. Re: Community says - Stopping Power

Rsjc741 wrote:

Yes, I figured people would realize that a univeral damage decrease would happen.

So everyone please remember that damage will go down to MW2-ish damage (w/o stopping power)

Put in a better perspective... One/two more bullet(s) to kill.

• 9. Re: Community says - Stopping Power

No, please no!

1 2 3 Previous Next