35 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2012 10:37 AM by zackyd665 RSS

These maps suck for objecitve games

I'm sorry but whom ever designed these maps needs to be fired and stralized.(no offense just angry) not really defensive properties makes hold objectives or defending your flag in CTF, next to impossible when one good flash and **** you up. IW need to get who ever desigend sealow,crash,pipeline,strike,bog,bloc, in and make free maps for everyone so that objective modes can be played properly and not just a different point system run and gun gamemode/

• Re: These maps suck ass for objecitve games
    trialstardragon

These maps are not that hard to defend in CTF or any of the other ObJ modes. Stop trying to camp right near the flag. And find a place a short distance from them.

And no they do not need or have to make free maps just so you can enjoy this game. You want to play on those maps go play on the older game where they are at.

But the maps would improve the game, and give me an example of how i would defend the flag with my mk14 or my mk48(knock off m249). Also the maps are already finished so why not just re publish them as the correct extension for mw3.(they worked has already been done and paid for, thus republishing them would cost nothing.)

trialstardragon

You can not just republish them. They would have to recode the maps to include the weapons and equipment for MW3. They can not ust change a file extension and make it work. Each and every weapon in the game is coded in to the map file iteself. Its the same reason they can not just easily add new weapons to the game like everyone wants all the time. And yes republishing them would cost, for they would have to pay MS to publish them on the xbl servers. Every map pack that comes out has to be paid for to MS to host it.

As towards giving examples it is not possible for there is numerous places to defend from distance on many of the maps. Seatown for example.. you can guard from the tower or the red buidling or even near the well depending on which way they are coming form.

When it comes to CTF, yes a lot of these maps are horse ****.

After you grab the flag you take twenty steps and before you know it you're at your flag. These maps give your team very little chance to grab your flag back because of how small they are.

A lot of these maps are horribly one sided as well. One side will always have an advantage over the other in every way.

However, it's not hard defending on these maps as long as you're okay with patrolling the area and not just ADSing near the flag.

Maps unplayable IMO for CTF

Downturn

Dome

Maps where it's harder to defend:

Underground

Lower half of Mission

Higher half of Village

Lower half of Bakaara

Higher side of Carbon

The North Flag on Fallen

The South Flag on Hardhat

Maps where it's easy to defend on both sides:

Resistance

Interchange

Seatown

Bootleg

Outpost

Lockdown

Arkaden

But my biggest issue with CTF is the spawning. Half the time you spawn closer to the enemy flag then your own flag, which makes no sense at all. I thought that was what TIs were for.

All my opinion btw.

trialstardragon

I think you have a level view of it and your choie of maps and how hard or easy to defend seems pretty well thought out.

but I have to disagree about dome. dome is a small map yes, but can be easily defended if you use the right class.

in the dome or near it you run a class with frags, stuns, rpg or smaw for defense with a smg or lmg. get a player up on the cat walk and it can be easy to defend.

at the office, post players at the windows and one in the far back of the hall way looking down it with a claymore or betty at each door. player in hall way uses lmg and sprays the hall, players at windows use ar's

same pretty much with downturn but slight differnt placement. the problem with douwnturn is the numerous ways to get to the flag from all the stair wells.

the biggest problem with any of the maps is playing with randoms that do not work well with each other.

Playing with randoms is always a pain in the ass, but I try to cope

I'm actually aware of strategies on Dome, but I have a personal disdain for the map as it always turns into a clusterfuck of mindless shooting and sprinting. The flag in the office is by far easier to defend then the flag in the Dome. Partly because of the all the explosive material in the Dome and the wide open spaces inside and outside the office, not to mention the line of sight (hallway).

Portable radars + Claymore/betty will work wonders in just about every map.

As for Downturn, that map left such a sour taste in my mouth while playing TDM that I refuse to play it at all.

trialstardragon

I do not like downturn either, I usually leave the lobby if it is chosen. But dome is not that bad most of the time.

I agree with the rest of your choices though. Some of maps can be harder to defend on one side; but that has always been the case with all CoD games that I played. None were ever really equal on all maps.

Something is wrong when the enemy can easily flank with a simple death.

agreed but IW thinks defending isn't important in objective based gamemodes. Even though IW/sledgehammer may be the developers they do not understand the concept that defensive perminters and the time between obtaining the opponent's flag and caputring said flag. These factors Provide the correct defensive proparties a map or specfic team on a map may have and help decide how a team should setup its defences for their preticular side of a map or their setups for general play.

The issue here is that most maps are designed for offesive play and provide extremely limited defensive capalities for the objectives and do not allow team to win with randoms unless they play offesive strats.

Personally I like the small sized maps that are harder to defend objectives.  CoD is a fast-paced game, and it shouldn't be like BattleFAIL in which everyone just camps next to the objective; both teams should be more offensive than defensive, it keeps the gameplay fun.  It's also part of keeping the game as close to 50-50 as possible with one team still making it out on top (the objective of all FPSes and which is why MW3 is one of my favorite shooters).

W@W did a great job with balancing offensive and defensive caplilities for the maps. Now MW3 sure its a fast paced game but why can't defensive playstyles be promoted as much as offesive.

Now battlefield is a good game in its own rights, And I don't understand why it got brought up when we are talking about call of duty and how in at least my opinion the maps are horriblely done for anything besides running around like headless chickiens hipfiring akimbo smgs.

basically what i'm saying is when compaired to previous call of duty games this one has the least amount of defensive atturbites and promotes hipfiring which makes you look like an ass (paraphrased quote from mw2).

Yeah, World at War is still hands down my favorite shooter, and would be the perfect FPS if it only had Support package, deathstreaks, and Combat Training.

But no defensive attributes also makes the game more fun; shooters should be fast-paced, not tactical (which is why Battlefield isn't that great of a shooter). Notice how there is a massive reduction in the amount of complaints of campers, which was why Modern Warfare 3 is such an offensively-based game (the purpose of Support and deathstreaks is to flush out campers, which do nothing but slow down the game and make it boring for everyone).  If you want tactics, strategy, and taking things slow go play a RTS.

I've played call of duty since cod3, so far this and black ops are the other two where tatical play is limited. Also have you heard of the subgenre that is called tatical shooters.

However defensive playstyles worked better for the lmg and sniper classes since they are more of support roles. So by your reasoning they should be removed from the game because they are slower and not all about teh l33t zerg kills with akimbod machine pistols. Why not instead you go play a twitch shooter like quake 2 if all you want is fast paced action.

Frankly, I love LMGs; I never rush with them, but that doesn't mean I'm going to hide in that one spot the entire game and camp until I kill that one guy when the game is already 75% complete and cause him to rage quit because of my minor case of severe lack of balls due to camping.

By fast-paced I mean constant action, it's not like what you see in BF3 where you and your team can just hide in a structure that's indestructable/unreachable by vehicles/aircraft and no one can touch you.  BF3 without teamwork is already bad enough, with teamwork it's impossible to do anything.

With all the bad-mouthing deathstreaks and support we really don't give them enough credit, as aforementioned.  Very little people on this forum are complaining about campers, because MW3 is almost the perfect shooter, balancing long-range and short-range combat while still maintaining that constant action I'm talking about.  All it really needs is a few balance fixes and a bit of lag reduction (which really isn't all that necessary or plausable as MW3 runs P2P instead of dedicated servers).  That and maybe some ground vehicles to flush out corner campers.

cryo70 wrote:

Yeah, World at War is still hands down my favorite shooter, and would be the perfect FPS if it only had Support package, deathstreaks, and Combat Training.

• Re: These maps suck for objecitve games
    triiviium-

I wouldnt say they all suck but some do.

dowtatno

arkaden, lockdown, and bootleg are decent maps but the reason all maps seem like **** is because the spawn system is still terrible. if they implimented this spawn system in cod4 they could make crash and vacant and ambush and every other great map horrible.......

afflictedmed

THere always seems to be one bombsite in Dem that is in the enemies spawn.  And since I pub games, I play with idiots who go after the easy site first instead of the one in the spawn.  Once the easy one is blown its just about impossible to take the other.  I.E. B in Mission and Bootleg

afflictedmed

THere always seems to be one bombsite in Dem that is in the enemies spawn.  And since I pub games, I play with idiots who go after the easy site first instead of the one in the spawn.  Once the easy one is blown its just about impossible to take the other.  I.E. B in Mission and Bootleg