25 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2012 2:32 PM by trialstardragon RSS

why banning people is not the answer...

today has been an absolute train wreck for this game... it is glitched warefare afterall...

but back to my point.... i report and avoid every blatent glitcher i see.... and it always makes me laugh to bring up their profile and see a brand spanking new gamertag.... every single one of them today... 5 in total..

they give free live passes in every game... i have about 20 of them sitting right here... so who really gives a crap if they ban people?? they are back on the game in under 2min..

so kudos for IW for banning people.... too bad its meaningless and doesnt stop anyone... forget the banhammer and close the ******* holes in your game!!

/end rant

• Re: why banning people is not the answer...

TurdFerguson00 wrote:

today has been an absolute train wreck for this game... it is glitched warefare afterall...

but back to my point.... i report and avoid every blatent glitcher i see.... and it always makes me laugh to bring up their profile and see a brand spanking new gamertag.... every single one of them today... 5 in total..

they give free live passes in every game... i have about 20 of them sitting right here... so who really gives a crap if they ban people?? they are back on the game in under 2min..

so kudos for IW for banning people.... too bad its meaningless and doesnt stop anyone... forget the banhammer and close the ******* holes in your game!!

/end rant

Partial agreement.

Banning consoles is the answer.

rankismet

TurdFerguson00 wrote:

WHY BANNING PEOPLE IS NOT THE ANSWER...

You're right... better parents would have been the answer.

It's too late.

I'll take what I can get.

Banning is still a deterent, along with the negative kills and losses.  The little F**cks have to start over, even with a new account.  The reason they boost is to get to 10th and be on the top of the leaderboard.

shankupotomus wrote:

Banning is still a deterent, along with the negative kills and losses.  The little F**cks have to start over, even with a new account.  The reason they boost is to get to 10th and be on the top of the leaderboard.

not always... you can see that by the amount of banned players still playing...

alot dont do it for stats... they do it just to **** with people because they are sad and pathetic... lol..

not to mention if one chooses to take advantage of every glitch and exploit.. a new GT just allows them to get a higher k:d ratio etc then they had before..

i know they wont start console banning.. i think we all know that.... but that doesnt mean i dont wish they would.. lol...

but they almost brag about the # of bans issued like its somehow a positive on them... as long as they allow these holes to remain, their bans are just bullshit to try and make people overlook the many exploits they are too incompetant to fix..

its just like the cops.... they dont give a crap about preventing crimes, only trying to punish people after the fact... if some virgin in his parents basement ruins my game, him being banned tomorrow doesnt really make any difference to me now does it?

again.. just a little pissed off and ranting a bit... take it for what its worth.. lol

You "shouldn't" have to expect that someone will find these holes.  It is ridiculous that people find them in the first place, like the damage prof glitch.  Who would think that going into private, backing out, setting up, pausing, doing 3 spins on your head,  run to the mailbox, come in, tap your xbox 3 times, would ever be found?  Some people have nothing better to do.  It shoud be in everyones better judgement to play the game the way it was meant to be played and stop looking for loopholes.

Not to bash them for finding the glitch in the first place, but there will always be glitches when millions of people are playing the game because you never know how someone is going to play the game.  This is the exact reason as to why Activision should not release a new CoD game every single year because the development time is just not enough.  Also there needs to be a public beta released to everyone instead of them doing internal beta testing as we all know that that isn't doing anything at all because when you purchase any CoD game now on launch day, you're doing nothing but buying a $60 public beta, which is ridiculous.  Only CoD games can get away with releasing a beta as a game and uses the terms "patches and hot fixes" as the solution when they are not supposed to be a solution, but a way to fix something that was completely over looked after thoroughly testing the game

A permanent IP ban would fix this as most of these kids cheating have no idea how to change there IPs

zingaa

kryonix_xiii wrote:

A permanent IP ban would fix this as most of these kids cheating have no idea how to change there IPs

You'd be surprised, all they have to do is search google, pretty easy actually even for the novice kid.

Console bans, then they have to explain to mommy why their xbox doesn't work anymore, then their mommy comes on here and says my son was banned for know reason why???

Vicious cycle

exactly...

they cant efficently ban kids... doing it right brings up legal issues and the soft bans are too easy to get around...

fixing the problems is the only solution... these randomly performed glitches are simply sloppy coding... for the money this franchise generates, you'd expect a little higher standard from employees...

but sure... games with a large player base always end up with glitches... but this many?? and why does it take them so long to fix these stupid little exploits? once discovered it becomes quite simple to correct..

unless the issue is based on a fundemental flaw and therefore, cant be fixed with a patch..

avngr9

Doubt this will ever accomplish anything but it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.  Ran into a guy the other day TI boosting in KC.  After the first game I sent him a polite text message saying

"you have been reported for TI boosting in Kill Confirmed, enjoy your ban "

Sure enough he responded via voice message and just as I expected he sounded like he was 10 years old and to no surprise his message was filled with vulgar language. Well I didn't feel that was necessary so I went ahead and filed a complaint on Live for abusive language on voice communications.

Ya I'm sure nothing will ever happen but hey its a fun way to kill time in between matches.

xbevz

I think it is, If they do it once it should be a ban, if they do it for a second time it should be a console ban.

mjw3786

always funny to see someone on top of the lobby scoreboard at level 23 no prestige

how do you know the maps so well guy? oh right bc you got reset for cheating

Im thinking a 3 strike rule. Put it in the Live TOS and the PSN TOS, so the parents can't complain. But it should go something like, you get caught for cheating/boosting in any game. First strike - account ban. They make a new account and do the same thing - IP ban (parents can change it, if they use the console, it just gives the parent the idea to stress to the kid, not to boost) 3rd time - Console ban.

Im on the PS3 but really stick to TDM and a little Dom and KC but rarely if not at all ran into boosters or anything of sort. It is pretty aggravating, going to the Leaderboards and realizing that there are nothing but boosted/hacked accounts up top, but I just compare my self to the people I play with

When they ban an account, do they remain on the leaderboards?